Re: weight loss
Forum: Ask Dennis Hardy ND
- weight loss
Ask Dennis Hardy ND
- Re: weight loss
Alpha Lipoic Acid should help with most food cravings
. Focus on food choices rather than counting calories. It is interesting to note that the average person in China consumes 30% more calories and a pound more food every day tan the average American, yet most Chinese people do not have a weight problem. It’s because of the types of food they eat.
2. Eat more nutrient-dense foods. This means consuming a diet rich in fresh raw fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes, nuts and seeds. In fact, the majority of your diet should consist of plant-based food.
Chew your food at least 15 times. This allows digestion to occur and increases awareness of the amount of food you are eating.
3. Increase exercise. Exercise elevates the metabolism long after the activity is completed, and helps to burn fat and build lean muscle mass. A lean body burns more calories while resting than a fat body does!.
Do something fun. Instead of thinking of exercise as a chore, select an activity that you truly enjoy Use the mall as an opportunity to walk around a lot. Walking at a brisk pace while swinging and bending the arms is a very good low impact exercise. start at two minutes a day, and every three days add two minutes until you are walking twenty minutes a day. walking lowers your chance of heart attack and heart disease by 50%, and lowers you risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, and colon cancer by 30%.
Exercise promotes physical strength and mental vigor and strengthens will power and self control leading to harmonious development of the whole you.
Exercise increases calorie output. The body fat can be reduced by regular exercise. Up to 15 hours after exercise, the body continues to burn calories at a higher rate than it would have without exercise. Moderate physical exercise reduces fat and lower cholesterol levels.
4. Pay attention to the ingredients in the packaged foods you buy. You’ll be surprised at how much sugar and other processed ingredients are in some of your favorite foods. When possible, try to avoid the following foods
Table salt (sea salt is ok in moderation)
Cows milk (soy milk and goat milk are ok)
White flour (use whole grain or multi grain)
Foods with additives or preservatives
No red meat or pork (chicken and fish are ok) The portion of the fish and chicken you have should be about the size of the palm of your hand
No white sugar (use honey)
5. Make sure that your changes are gradual and permanent. Don’t start anything today that you can’t continue for a lifetime.
6. Have nine servings of vegetables and fruit a day
7. Drink twelve 8oz glasses of spring, or filtered water a day. Drinking six glasses of water a day can help you to lose one pound more fat per week.
8. Get a least 7 hours sleep every night
Alert Webmaster & Moderators|
Attributes associated with this message:
dennishardyND will be notified if you reply to this message!
You can PM dennishardyND email dennishardyND
|DISCLAIMER Information available on this page and on CureZone is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by a healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on CureZone for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment. Answers, comments and opinions provided on CureZone are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. CureZone does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in messages, comments or articles on CureZone. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms and those published here. Read more ...||