CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
Douglas Lisle is in favor of water fasting to reset appetite
Forum: Fasting: Water Only  
  • Douglas Lisle is in favor of water fasting to...   mouseclick   5y  4,686  
    This is my avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    mouseclick
    Date: 11/4/2009 4:16:29 PM   ( 5y ago )   Hits:   4686
    I have just completed TCC502 "Diseases of Affluence" at ecornell, a unique course run by the T Colin Campbell Institute.

We had a lecture from Doug Lisle last week. It went further and beyond his normal pleasure trap lecture, and introduced some new stuff, including his personal view on fasting.

I will be slightly naughty and copy from the course transcript, but in doing so I will stress that this course is on EATING to heal illnesses such as cancer and heart disease, and not just fasting:

-------------

Sometimes we need to be locked up. I am involved in two “prison” programs. The first is at the True North Health Center operated by Dr. Alan Goldhamer. At the True North Health Center, we give people water only. People go perhaps a week or ten days on water. Let me tell you something, nothing motivates people to eat whole natural foods better than giving them a prison diet for a week—bread and water, except with no bread. The taste nerves in the tongue recover very quickly, and people really enjoy that food. A woman recently told me that after about three or four days she was dreaming about carrots.

I like the True North Health Program. It is a little bit barbaric, but it gets the job done. But it is not my favorite program.
    (Copyright 2009, T. Colin Campbell Foundation and TILS)

-------------

Note two things. One, it is a supervised program. Two, that it is not his favorite program.

Having said that, fasting was certainly the catalyst that worked for me, almost by accident. I was 260 pounds and could hardly walk, I am now 159 pounds, and damned healthier than I was 2 decades ago. I spend much of my day climbing around scaffolding like a monkey, and despite working in difficult outdoor conditions, I have not had a day off sick at all. In fact I can't remember what it's like to be sick.

But that's to do with what I EAT, not what I don't eat. So please take my advice and go and look at some of these free online lectures http://www.vsh.org/videos.htm
    - and think about your refeeding and future life. The Pleasure Trap lecture is there as well.

Printer-friendly version of this page
    Email this message to a friend
    Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
    Alert Webmaster & Moderators
    Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
    How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

1 of 1 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?
    How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question

Attributes associated with this message:

mouseclick will be notified if you reply to this message!
    You can

Find & Order All Messages Posted by mouseclick
    by
    DISCLAIMER

Google Ads

Donate to CureZone

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Sponsors - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2014  curezone.org