First hand account of male to male rape and abused male testimonials needed for factual based story for movie feature.
Forum: Men Raped Support, Abused Husbands, Testimonials: Requests
- First hand account of male to male rape and abused male testimonials nee...
/ Abused Hus
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Trin Denise. I'm a rape survivor, I'm female and I'm a screenwriter. I write movie feature screenplays and currently have my first novel under publishing consideration. I've decided to write a screenplay based on male to male rape survivors and the effects it has on the survivors lives. I'm doing research by interviewing actual victims in order to give a factual based story. I do not need to know your identity to hear your story. If you do disclose it to me but wish to remain anonymous I will respect your wish and keep all confidences. This includes all male survivors and/or their wives, girfirends,boyfriends etc.
My past has shaped me into the person I am today and I don't have a helluva lot of regrets. Most people can't say that. They say "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" and I believe that to be true for me. I promise you, I will get your story told. For years rape has been a dirty little secret but male to male rape, in my opinion has been an even bigger secret. Everyone knows it happens but tend to ignore it. If they don't think about it, then maybe it really isn't as bad as everyone says. Statistics show that someone is raped every 2 minutes in the US. I'm more inclined to believe it's more like every 30 seconds.
When people think of rape they are more likely to think of male to female and not male to male. This to me appears to be the same for Domestic Violence. I think there are a lot of people out there who don't realise how often it happens to men or if they do, they think it only happens to those in prison. I want to help change that. Most stories you hear about rape don't include men raping men but are ususally about women who have been raped and/or male children who been molested at a young age and in most cases you hear in the news, the male victims were molested by priests.
I remember watching a movie when I was younger. It came out in 1985 and some of you may have heard of it. It was called "The Rape of Richard Beck," starring Richard Crenna. He was a police officer who was gang raped by a couple of thugs. I remember watching how he was treated at the hospital, how he was blamed by his fellow officers for not being able to prevent it and I felt sick to my stomach afterward. His entire life fell apart because of it. That is the only movie I know of besides "Deliverance" that addresses any type of info about men who are raped.
What I'm most interested in from rape survivors is the following:
1. How it happened, how you were treated afterward, by those who knew your circumstances.
2. How did your family, friends, co-workers react? Did they treat you differently. Did any of them make it out like you had somehow asked for it or you should have been able to stop it.
3. How did it affect you personally afterward? Did you have problems in relationships, did you blame yourself? Did you question your own sexuality? Did you turn to drugs and alcohol to self medicate?
4. Did you know who raped you? Did you report the rape? If so, how were you treated as a result?
5. How did you cross the bridge, if you have in order to get on with your life?
6. How does this ordeal still affect you today?
7. Were you at any time suicidal?
8. Has your outlook with men changed because of this? Do you worry when you're alone with a man in a elevator, room, parking garage etc.?
9. What advice do you have to other men who have been raped? Should they report it to the authorities even if treated as if they some how asked for it.
10. Testimonials from the rape survivors spouse,girlfriend or boyfriend on how they felt and reacted to finding out about the rape.
These are just a few of the questions I have. I'm sure after I get going on this I'll probably have a few more. I usually do about 2-3 weeks of research on the subject before I sit down to write. I appreciate any information you can give me so that I can understand a little better.
If I can get this story out so that people are a little more enlightened to how serious of a problem this is, maybe together we can help prevent it from happening to someone else or at least get people to think and stop ignoring this growing problem and take action.
Alert Webmaster & Moderators|
Attributes associated with this message:
trindenise will be notified if you reply to this message!
trindenise will be notified if you reply to any message in this thread!
You can PM trindenise email trindenise
|DISCLAIMER Information available on this page and on CureZone is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by a healthcare professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on CureZone for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication or other treatment. Answers, comments and opinions provided on CureZone are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. CureZone does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in messages, comments or articles on CureZone. Your use of this website indicates your agreement to these terms and those published here. Read more ...||