CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The last thing anyone should be is a psychiatrist!!!

tota383 Views: 11,712
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,260,148

Re: The last thing anyone should be is a psychiatrist!!!

this is possibly the most b******ded post i've ever read. there are so many erroneous statements here i'm at a loss as to where to begin. lets start with the opening line:
1) "...the root cause of each person's illness is to cure it, not just treat the symptoms."
not true. in medicine there are a number of diseases; diabetes, asthma, alzheimer's disease, pretty much any genetic disorder (and there are hundreds of them) that we cannot cure, and yes in fact simply treat the symptoms.

2) "candida"
so i presume you work in a prison/hospital and see "candida" on everybodys tongue, therefore you conclude candida is the cause of whatever mental disorder they suffer from. i assume most of your patients have feet too, why not blame their feet for their problems?
first of all, white crap on somebodys tongue does not equal candida, candida is a fungal infection, usually found in the immunocompromised or diabetics, and it is a specific diagnosis confirmed via cultures of tongue scrapings. i too work in a hospital, see dozens of mentally ill people everyday, and have seen only 2 confirmed cases of candida so far this year.

3) "Psychiatrists have the highest suicide rate of any profession"
physicians in general, not psychiatrists specifically, have the highest suicide rate per profession. but you know what population has an even higher suicide rate? untreated mentally ill males.

4) " number of students entering college to become one has been plummeting each year"
again false. check the electronic residency application service ( aamc.org )
which matches graduating med students to residency programs and you'll find the number of psychiatry residency applicants is actually increasing every year.

the fact is that mental illnesses are complex disorders best approached from a biological, psychological, and social perspective. the interplay of these three factors are key in determining a persons succeptibility to mental illness. why is it that one guy loses his job and simply gets bummed out for a few days while another has a complete mental breakdown?
unlike many other fields of medicine we can't simply hook somebody up to an EKG or order a blood test to answer that question. this frustrates and confuses many simple minded people, like the original poster, and so they seek out simpler explainations regardless of how m*o*o*nic they may be (ie candida). i'm getting bored typing this so i assume you must be getting bored reading this, so let me end by saying if you're going to attempt to discuss a scientific topic please at least READ some scientific texts first and don't just spout whatever nonsense rolls off the top of your head.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (2)