CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: my anti-candida program - it's working!!!

Views: 15,763
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,063,808

Re: my anti-candida program - it's working!!!

The following few paragraphs are an update on high dose C supplementation, followed by the original text below the line of dashes.

The blood tests suggested below and in the linked article would be covered under most, if not all, health care plans. I'm going to ask my doctor to test me weekly for any potential mineral deficiencies, since I want to continue the C therapy well into January. Given my diet in the past 6 months, and especially the past month, it wouldn't surprise me if some of my symptoms are now due to mineral deficiency. I began religiously taking safe doses of minerals today after I found this article. The problem is I don't know the right balance. More research to come. I'm going to slow my oral intake of C until I can be tested. Fortunately, I've ordered a wide assortment of powerful antioxidants from the publishers of Life Extension magazine (www.lifeextension.com). In their case, I'm actually following their recommendations of which products can and should be taken together. It would appear that a broad spectrum of antioxidants in non-excessive doses of each may be the best bet. Unfortunately, that means more die-off than I was hoping for. The diet is pretty easy to follow, but more anti-Candida measures are also required (e.g., Caprylic acid, garlic, olive lead extract, etc.), especially if C is reduced substantially.

The linked article on C supplementation appears to be very good. The author appears to be a medical expert. Bottom line, taking Vitamin C to bowel tolerance can lead to deficiency of some minerals which, in turn, could be as bad or worse than Candida (although it's hard to imagine), at least until appropriate supplementation of other minerals is done. Unfortunately, prolonged use of high doses as in my case will require regular blood testing for deficiency in those minerals. It looks like I'm going to have to get this done for myself since I need to continue high doses to battle Candida.

However, taking up to 5 grams of Vitamin C in a fruit crystal mix of some kind for 1 day is highly unlikely to cause problems unless someone is already low on minerals that C interferes with (e.g., copper, zinc, manganese, and calcium). C also increases the body's ability to take up iron, which could lead to iron overload in the long run, depending on iron sources in food. Also, taking high doses of C requires increasing doses of E, although the author gives no guidelines. There are other precautions in the article.

If anyone chooses to do high dose C supplementation, I would recommend it be done under a knowledgeable doctor's supervision, as is the case with me. I wish it was easier than this.

http://www.acu-cell.com/vitc.html

Dirk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your citrus reaction is die-off.

Here's what I discovered tonight. Resveratrol (a powerful antioxidant found in red grape seeds and skin) plays a direct mediating role on the SIR2 gene of candida, which it uses to mutate from its benign form into its pathogenic form. This information is readily available from digging through articles on Wikipedia. But it doesn't seem like anyone has put it together. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is an upper limit to the safety of Resveratrol (probably unlimited, but I don't know). Also, Resveratrol isn't cheap and it generally comes in supplement form, so it requires swallowing a lot of veggie caps, which is difficult in my current state.

What I do know is that Vitamin C (in its ascorbic acid form) is a powerful and inexpensive antioxidant, available in powder form. I read years ago that it can be taken in doses up to bowel tolerance (i.e., until you develop diahrroea, then back off a little). Keep doing this until you pretty much saturate your cells with C. However, you will get die off!!! In extreme cases, this can cause death, so you need to increase your dose safely. I already broke the back of my candida this past Friday (in part thanks to a sweetened version of vitamin C powder), so I'm not concerned about serious die-off for myself. Naturally, I want to eliminate all sugar, so I bought pure ascorbic acid from the health food store to do this.

I'm finding I get temporary relief (even now) just from having started this therapy tonight. I plan to continue it until bowel tolerance. I've read that for some cancers, patients have tried up to or even more than 100 grams per day. Supposedly, the body uses as much as it needs, and then passes the rest. If you develop diahrroea, you are using more than your body needs at any given moment. If you're not, then you can keep taking more. You need to saturate yourself with C to get a similar effect to Resveratrol, though perhaps not identical. And at least I know from many sources that C is safe, except the buffered version (calcium ascorbate), which can cause calcium kidney stones, especially in those of us who have modullary sponge kidneys (a misshappen kidney prone to stones).

I plan to keep doing this for the next few days (ascorbic acid in distilled water) until I reach bowel tolerance and my body is saturated with C. It will reach every organ and eventually every nook and crany where candida is hiding. I'm virtually positive this simple, cheap trick will kill the candida. I could have been cured 15 years ago when I tried this "quack cure", had it not been for the wrong version of C. Ascorbic acid version of C is rather sour, so suck it up! :-)

If I had to guess, I would say that buffered C (calcium ascorbate) was probably invented because people who took ascorbic acid felt they didn't tolerate it well. That's almost certainly more die-off, which would have been a good thing, provided it's not too severe.

I'll update back here when this is complete! I'm guessing just a few more days to do this, not weeks. Naturally, as I said, I already broke the back of my infection, so I'm able to build up faster due to very minimal die-off. And I'm not working, so I'll just hang around at home until this is done.

Dirk

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.093 sec, (3)