CureZone
Old Format -> CureZone.INFO
accuracy issues-saliva secretor test?
Forum: Blood Type O Diet Forum

• accuracy issues-saliva secretor test?   katchy71   11y
    This is NOT my avatar. This is just randomly assigned image, until I upload my own avatar. Click here to see my profile.
    katchy71
    accuracy issues-saliva secretor test?
    PM
    Date: 8/4/2003 2:47:20 PM   ( 11y ago )
    Hits:   12236   Size: 2326 char.   Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message   Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
    Howdy All,

I received my saliva secretor results back a few weeks ago and have been concerned by the fact that I am a "non-secretor"due to increased health risks. I started wondering how accurate the results were since the saliva had to go through the mail and wasn't on ice. I've been snooping around on the Internet and found some issues in other newsgroups about how inaccurate the saliva testing has been. Seems that some non-secretor folks are getting the blood test for the Lewis type (D'Adamo says this is one way to go) and are getting secretor results instead.

One discussion group in particular www.owendot.com seems to have some people who have gone from trusting the saliva test to doubting it and having multiple blood tests instead. I guess the deal with getting the blood test sent to two different labs surrounds issues of lab accuracy which should be taken into account. There were discussions back in Sept. 2001 and in March 2003 on that newsgroup that really got me thinking. Seems that most of the saliva tests show "non-secretor" status and the blood test show "secretor" status. I'm wondering if the saliva test is not sensitive enough and if too many steps have been cut out of the process for such mass marketing. I have read what D'Adamo says about the test, but things aren't adding up right. I've been reading about how professional crime labs do the salvia test and it seems like a difficult test to do correctly. Saliva is very unstable and should be freeze dried and tested in a way that is more rigorous than what the Great Smokies lab does. I've read that salivary enzymes and bacteria present in human saliva can skew the test either way.

I'm really thinking about getting the blood test to see if I too have conflicting results. I feel like being a non-secretor poses many more health risks and I need to know if this really is my status. Anyone know of decent labs in western Oregon? I have heard that the Red Cross is excellent at producing accurate results, but I'm not sure if they do this sort of thing for everyday people. Any one out there have the Lewis Type blood test to verify the results of the saliva test? I'm just curious to find out if people are getting the saliva result confirmed. Please let me know--I'm very curious.

Lydia (O+, non-secretor--I guess)
    Your reply:
    Reply   CK  FCK  MCE
    Printer-friendly version of this page
    Email this message to a friend
    Bookmark this page/Add to Favorites or press Ctrl+D
    Alert Webmaster & Moderators
    Bad Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This BAD Message  Good Message Alert: Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message
    How do you feel about this message?     Like     Dislike       Hide this question
    Find & Order All Messages Posted by katchy71
    by
    DISCLAIMER

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Benefits of Himalayan Salt
Crystal Salt promotes kidney & gall bladder health when compared t...
Herpes Treatment News
World-First Single Application Herpes Treatment.
Faster, Easier and H...
Heal Type 2 Diabetes
Discover The Real Cause Type 2 Diabetes…And How To Turn It On Its Head I...
Alternatives to medications
Psychiatry Alternatives, Schizophrenia, Depression, ADHD

PLAT

Iodine Supports Thyroid Health
#1 Rated Iodine Supplement! 180-Day Money Back Guarantee. Free...
Kidney Stones Cleanse
Hulda Clark Kidney Cleanse
Free Book by Dr. Clark!
Bestselling author Dr. Hulda Clark claims to have cured cancer. Is sh...

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days
Utopia Silver Supplements
Advanced Colloidal Silver-Mankind’s original and safest Natural Ant...
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

Hydrazine Sulfate - Cancer Support
Hydrazine Sulfate’s Original Proponent, Dr. Joseph Gold Of...
Detoxify and Cleanse Naturally
Drink ionized alkaline waters medically proven health benefits...
Get 5% off Right Now!
Get 5% off anything in our homeopathic health store using the coupon co...
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Candida Cleanser
Get rid of chronic Candida quickly.Feel healthy again.Guaranteed Results!
The Tesla Shield™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
The Krill Miracle™
Concentrated Omega 3, 6 & 9, Many Times More Powerful than Fish Oil

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Donate to CureZone

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.org

fetched in 0.41 sec at 7/24/2014 3:00:05 PM, requested by 54.237.245.159, referred by http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=10062 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=2