CureZone.org   Educating Instead of Medicating Like CureZone website on Facebook
Home > Forums30159 visitors online now Add To Favorites Log On    Join/Sign Up    User Finder   Inbox New
The Best Favorites

Newsletter:

Search:
Forums BLogs FAQ Images Health Diseases Diet Foods Cleanse Convert

Snoring Cures Support Forum

Read This First:  BSA  RN  ALL R  ~BSA  ~RN  RRR  RR  Image Embedded  Video Embedded Audio Embedded   Images   Description   Books   Rules
 38,053 page views     197 messages     34 topics     1 pages
Post New Topic  Post new topic message to this forum by using a plain text editor  Post new topic message to this forum by using advanced HTML text editor called FCK  Post new topic message to this forum by using advanced HTML text editor called Tiny MCE 

Original Forum Layout     Add To Favorites!
Last Message
32d ago
Search:   Top 300
Forum: Snoring     All Forums 
Like Snoring Cures Support Forum on Facebook.com

• Types of Snorers   R Success Evezzzz   43d  Ü C Ü

I didnít know there are different types of snorers. I wasnít really aware of this until my husband started snoring BADLY the past months. My baby and I could no longer sleep straight hours at night. ... ... Last week, I finally decided to go to the pharmacy and try to look for solutions for my husbandís BAD snoring habit. There were a LOT of snoring solutions offered in the pharmacy but I got surprised when I learned that some (if not all, im not sure about this) pharmacies do offer a FREE sleep test. Its so simple, just a few questions and they will be able to identify what kind of snorer you ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Snorek, an App for Android that warns you when you snore   snorer   5mo

Greetings, ... ... I am a frequently snorer and have tried many things without much success. ... ... Recently I found Snorek FREE, an App for Android that listens to you when you sleep and detects your snoring. You can set it up to emit a tone (you can adjust the volume to your convenience) or it vibrates. It works right out of the box, no setup, no calibration, just install and use. ... ... The FREE version displays the snoring time on the screen. You can test it for FREE. The Lite warns you for $2,49. There are other versions like the STANDARD, EXTREM and the EXTREM Plus, which offer differ ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Best Home Remedies to Stop Snoring   SnoreTalk   8mo  Ü C Ü

1. Losing Weight Can Help ... ... Itís absolutely incredible what a little bit of exercise and dieting will do for your sleep! Exercising is the best way to eliminate stress, and when your mind is at ease, a deep refreshing sleep becomes effortless. It is much harder to fall asleep when you are feeling stressed and anxiety. So we recommend 20 minutes of exercising a day to minimize stress levels. ... ... Furthermore, it has been proven that when you gain weight, the internal diameter of your throat becomes compressed, thus increasing your chances of snoring louder, and keeping your partner and yours ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Image Embedded Sleep Apnea Treatments   DelennChat   13mo  Ü C Ü

Sleep apnea is a potentially life-threatening sleep disorder that affects around 28 million people in the United States, according to NYTimes.com. The condition causes people to repeatedly stop breathing while they sleep, resulting in multiple awakenings. Loud snoring and waking up gasping for breath is common among sleep apnea patients. People with sleep apnea may display chronic fatigue and are at risk for serious issues, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and irregular heartbeat. One of the main treatment options is called continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP). I ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Hello   LoranSimon   22mo  Ü C Ü

Hello everyone, ... ... m name is Loran and I am happy to have found this forum. It looks really great and Iím looking forward to discussing some of the snoring and sleep apnoea problems that are of interest to me. ... ... Cheers   [End]
  • The Worst Habits for Your Heart   #136970   23mo  Ü C Ü

... ... I have sleep apnea as does 18 million other Americans.  I complained to ... my general practitioner who wouldnít listen to me because Iím not heavy.  ... Thatís not required but being overweight adds to your risk for it and other ... illnesses as well.  I now control my apnea with a CPAP device.  But ... the top risk for heart disease is sitting on your butt for four or more hours a ... day, whether itís watching the boob tube or sitting at your computer. ... ... Enjoy ... ... http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/worst-habits-your-heart ... ... The Worst Habits for Your Heart ... ... ... By ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Recommended Nebulizer for natural medicine (ie Silver, H202...   Johlysid   28mo  Ü C Ü

I was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations for nebulizers that work for things like colloidal silver, hydrogen peroxide (h202), mms (miracle mineral solution)? ... ... Of course I would like one that is safe and non-toxic and hopefully easy to clean! ... ... Thank you!   [End]
  • A Sluggish Lymph System Causes Snoring & Sleep Apnea Fr...   InCharge   32mo  Ü C Ü

Snoring is the main symptom of sleep apnea or its precursor condition, which involves the reduction of airflow (hypopnea). While it is disturbing to one’s sleep partner, it is also a sign of a health problem that should be improved to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and significantly improve energy. A new study by Italian researchers confirms a clinical observation I have made for years and opens the door to a solution for millions of Americans struggling with this problem. ... ... The solutions will center on daytime issues, as opposed to something done at bedtime to prevent o ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Men and Snoring   HealthCareMarketingGroup   3y

Snoring is noisy breathing that occurs during sleep. Women may snore too, but men snore more than women: four out of every ten men snore compared to roughly three out of ten women. At any given time, around 25 per cent of people are habitual snorers. ... ... ... Snoring has many potential causes, including obesity, anatomical variations, and several illnesses affecting the upper airways. It results from the vibration of soft tissues of the upper airways and often is associated with obstruction of airflow. Snoring is a problem because it affects everyone in earshot, including the perso ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Sleep Apnea   Ahzheys   3y

I have this friend of mine who has sleep apnea problem and I want to help him. I want to know more about this topic. I have also found some anti-snoring products . I need your advice. Hope you guys can help me. ... Signs of Sleep Apnea   [End]
    • Persons who have sleep apnea may need to use a machine to h...   Samkadya   28mo

Persons who have sleep apnea may need to use a machine to help them breathe deeply at night. If continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) is used by individuals who have sleep apnea, there is an improvement m mental functioning, even if the user averages only three to four hours per night for use of the equipment. It improves mood and a sense of alertness as well (The Lancet 343.572,1994). ... Because of oxygen depletion during breathing stoppage the heart has to beat faster to keep oxygen circulating and it eventually becomes damaged or beats irregularly. They are also much more likely to s ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Snoring   Ahzheys   3y

Hi! glad 2 be here...i want to know more about this topic. Hope you guys can help.   [End]
  • MSM - COPD - SNoring - Sleep Apnea   JAZZIE   4y  Ü C Ü

Perhaps this will help. I believe it has helped my husband. If you read my other Post you will know he also has COPD. ... ... It stopped his Snoring and Sleep Apnea. ... He had been snoring sense we met .. enough to be heard all over the house.. the Apnea came in the last few years. Sense taking the MSM it was only a few months and it had all stopped. He has not had a decrease in his lung Capacity either sense using MSM. It caused him to drain a lot of Adema out of his system Through Urination, that we had no idea he had. This started almost at once when he first took it. Like he had been drinki ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re:You may also want to check on Astragalus   JAZZIE   4y

... http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/astragalus ... ... Astragalus helps the body function at its best level. It helps the body deal with stress and enhances overall immune function. It has been shown to stimulate production and activation of the white blood cells, which fight infection. It is highly recommended for preventing and alleviating colds and flu. Astragalus can be used to cure chronic weaknesses of the lungs. Because it improves blood circulation and heart function, astragalus is useful in treating heart disease. It has also been found to prevent or reduce blood clotting. Astragal ...   [retrieve this message]
  • I can't find the mouthpiece I saw before   Minnie90   4y  Ü C Ü

A couple of months ago I searched for snoring/sleep apnea mouthpieces and bought one that brings my jaw forward a little and it helps. I feel if it brought my jaw forward even more then it would be better. I saw a few that bring my jaw more forward, but I canít find the one that I wanted. It is much like the SnoreMender www.snoremenders.com (which what Iíll get if I canít find the one Iím looking for), but it had 3 different sizes sold together and they were blue. Can anyone help me find that again or tell the brand name to find it please? Also what do you guys think about the snoremender ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Try Amazon.. They have several and they have good user revi...   Genmata   4y

Try Amazon.. They have several and they have good user reviews. Iíve considered getting one since I hate the CPAP. ... curious if it would help me. ... I have severe Apnea   [End]
    • Hello, ... ...   ... ... I am not sure if you found...   rxforlife   3y

Hello, ... ...   ... ... I am not sure if you found what you were looking for, but I came across something when I was looking for help with snoring, and found a blog page that directed me to a product to help with snoring.  I will put a link here in case you want to take a look :)  Good Luck!  (Incidentally, I did get this product and it worked for me) :)  http://antisnoringdevicereview.com/ ...   [End]
  • How to prevent mouth breathing during the night   artour_rakhimov   4y  Ü C Ü

Mouth breathing drastically reduces body oxygenation: the amount of freely available oxygen in tissues is usually reduced almost two times when the person starts to breathe through the mouth, for example, during sleep. Epidemiological studies clearly proved that deaths from heart attacks, asthma, COPD, epilepsy, complications of diabetes, and many other chronic conditions most likely occur during early morning hours (from about 4 to 7 am). Clinical experience suggests that mouth breathing is the leading factor of these deaths. Apart from mortality statistic, symptoms of many conditions get ...   [retrieve this message]
  • The Stop Snoring Exercise Program   clickpro   4y

Check it out http://a1a28ccboc3v972rqjwl4t6vb7.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=CUREZONE   [End]
    • Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the ...   snoringtreatment   4y

Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound, due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping. In some cases the sound may be soft, but in other cases, it can be rather loud and quite unpleasant.It cause sleep deprivation to snorers and those around them, as well as daytime drowsiness, irritability, lack of focus. We have some useful  snoring remedies to sure the snoring. Anti snoring mouth piece,chin straps,contour pillows,homeopathic remedies help to cure snoring ...   [End]
    • Snoring with a closed mouth can be the result of tongue pos...   Samkadya   28mo

Snoring with a closed mouth can be the result of tongue position. It can deter air passage. If you sleep with your mouth open, itís much more likely that your throat tissues are causing this bothersome Zzzzzzzz. Those sleeping on their backs have cases that are generally milder in nature. A change in position and concentration on good posturing will often give this group relief. ... ... When snoring occurs in all sleeping postures and mouth positions, additional issues may present. For the larger majority however, a simple lifestyle change to get in better shape or some attention to finding a p ...   [retrieve this message]
  • snoring!   jason69   5y  Ü C Ü

I found a great product that worked for my snoring! Cheap too! ... ... http://www.productsupplycenter.com/web216582 ...   [End]
  • I found a product that stopped my snoring straight away!   #104035   6y

I have been snoring for a number of years and my wife really had reached a point where she had enough. A friend reccomended a product they had heard of which was new and they saw on a Google search. ... ... The site was ... http://www.adkinssnoringaid.com ... and I visited it at the end of last week and bought one of their trial packs. ... ... All I can say is - it stopped me snoring the 1st night. ... ... It seems odd at 1st as it restricts the flow of air into your nostrils, meaning you have to breath through your mouth. It is quite comfortable and I have reordered since. ... ... All I can say is give it a try ...   [retrieve this message]
  • The best cure for snoring   gideon george   6y

There are alot of snoring cures, you dont have to go for a medical surgery to get cured of your snoring or sleep apnea you can apply some Natural home remedies for snoring ... ... These are some of the natural home remedies for snoring ... ... ēSleep positions: Donít sleep on your back because most people who sleeps straight on the back snores, whereas snoring doesnít occur when one sleeps on oneís side(This is the best position for you to sleep). When you sleep on your back, your tongue falls backwards into your throat, which can narrow your airway and partially block airflow. ... ... ēObesity: Lose wei ...   [retrieve this message]
    • My husband snores LOUD! One night about 6 months ago, I co...   #101772   6y

My husband snores LOUD! One night about 6 months ago, I couldnít sleep (again) and went to the computer in our den to search for anything that might help. A little background: weíre in our late 40ís, a couple kids, a little on the chubby side (about 20 pounds or so for me, maybe 35-40 for him). We are working to lose some extra pounds. Over the past 5-6 years he has tried chin tape, nose clips & tape, mouth guards (we have 3-4 in the bedside drawer, one from our dentist that cost over a thousand dollars-did NOT work!), sprays, pillows, chin strap... just about anything that weíve found ...   [retrieve this message]
      • My husband finally couldnít stand my snoring and googled sn...   luci465   6y

My husband finally couldnít stand my snoring and googled snoring aids. Well, after we tried the Breathe Right strips, a mouth piece that we saw advertised on TV and a bunch of other things that did NOT help, he came across the snorender. It does work, although hubby still says I snore now & then.   [End]
      • My husband finally couldnít stand my snoring and googled sn...   luci465   6y

My husband finally couldnít stand my snoring and googled snoring aids. Well, after we tried the Breathe Right strips, a mouth piece that we saw advertised on TV and a bunch of other things that did NOT help, he came across the snorender. It does work, although hubby still says I snore now & then.   [End]
    • Obstructive sleep apnea іs оnе с...   Samkadya   27mo

Obstructive sleep apnea іs оnе саusе оf snoring. Тhе airways bесоmе blocked аnd airflow interrupted. Fоr obstructive sleep apnea, оnе non-surgical treatment іs tо hаvе continual airway pressure applied tо уоu bу usіng а machine. Whеn уоu sleep, уоu simply wear а mask thаt kеерs air flowing tо help уоu breathe well аnd snore less. ... ... Even thоu ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Have you tried a Stop Snoring Device, like a mouth guard? ...   amorley   18mo

Have you tried a Stop Snoring Device, like a mouth guard? ... ... I was bought one of these by my wife, and it has made the world of difference to her... (I sleep through my own snoring). ...   [End]
    • My wife says Iím making a noise like a stranded whale. I th...   sydneysnoring   89d

My wife says Iím making a noise like a stranded whale. I think I have a major snoring problem.Please give me Effective Cure for stop snoring ...   [End]
  • anyone have a cure for snoring?   HarmonicCharge   6y  Ü C Ü

Husband snores, even wakes himself up. HELP! ... Any cures that work? I have read in the archives about olive oil for 3 days in a row. Personal recommendations? Please? Thanks a million.   [End]
    • Please see ... http://snoringandsleepapnea.info ... . ...   ParaZapper   6y

Please see ... http://snoringandsleepapnea.info ... . ...   [End]
    • My hubby is not overweight. He does have a deviated septum ...   WannaSeeWorms   6y

My hubby is not overweight. He does have a deviated septum so very narrow breathing passage in nose and tiny nose too! Believe it or not that breathe right that you stick across the nose has helped about 90%!!! It is a Godsend for me to get some sleep. He says he canít tell but Iím sure heís getting more sleep too. Plus donít eat after 9 pm!   [End]
    • Punch him repeatedly until he stops.   Set   6y

Punch him repeatedly until he stops.   [End]
    • Re: anyone have a cure for snoring?   tinabanana   6y

here is what works for us, hubby was nightly snorer complete with the stop breathing and all. ... ... now we started 2 things at once but chances they are probably related. ... ... #1 air filter in the bedroom ... #2 neti pot ... ... snoring is down 95%   [End]
    • Yes there are several ways to cure your snoring naturally, ...   gideon george   6y

Yes there are several ways to cure your snoring naturally, but First before you do that I will advise you to check out the cause of your snoring before taking any medication to save money. ... ... There are several ways to discover the cause of your snoring, you may end up choosing one of the several ways to cure it. From there you will never snore again, ... ... You dont even have to undergo some surgeries to cure it there are natual home remedies for it but why dont you check the cause first and cure it ...   [End]
    • Try the Neti Pot to start with as suggested if you donít us...   noodj   6y

Try the Neti Pot to start with as suggested if you donít use one by now, but it does take some getting use to as it is a strange feeling using it..Use it everyday a few minutes before going to bed. This has helped for me and when I donít use it my wife says that I snore but not as bad. Cut out or back on using milk or milk products as it plugs up the sinuses. Or you can just find a person who doesnít snore or use separate bedrooms..Cheers..Noodj   [End]
    • I may have found a free solution for some of us. It appears...   ateacher   5y

I may have found a free solution for some of us. It appears to be working for me. I do NOT have sleep apnea, based on my husbands observations. But, according to my family, I used to snore like a bear, dinosaur, and loud enough to hear rooms away. I am not in the category of overweight. My BMI is in the normal range, but for my small bone structure, I probably am a little overweight. I certainly have gained 20 pounds since my 20s. ... ... After reading a lot about snoring, and trying nose strips (didnít work) and nose pinchers (donít work), and sprays (donít work), I focused on the softness of ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Taking anything that will relax your muscles prior to going...   toothfairy   4y

Taking anything that will relax your muscles prior to going to bed can cause snoring. Drinking alcoholtaking sleeping pillsor consuming antihistamines can lead to your muscles relaxing thus limiting the air passage way. Prevent this and you can be on your way to a nice and pleasant nightís rest. ... For more info go to http://www.SnoringStopTonight.com   [End]
    • I have the same problem too. My husband snores more and mo...   debbiegonzalez   4y

I have the same problem too. My husband snores more and more and his Dr. said however he does not have apnea. ... ... The Breathe Right strips did not work very well, and now I have to be woken up during the night many times...will move to my sonís room (he is away at school) just to get a decent nigths sleep. ... ... Any other solutions that are not expensive but worth trying? ... ... Please help. Thanks!   [End]
      • From personal experience, when my belly is bigger I snore a...   Dquixote1217   4y

From personal experience, when my belly is bigger I snore and when it isnít I donít.  Losing weight and exercise work for me, along with avoiding over-eating during dinner and at night.  An anti-snore memory foam pillow helps too.  If a large belly and/or overeating prior to bedtime are not the problem, then one of the mouthpieces that brings the lower jaw forward or perhaps one of the forced air machines might work. ...   [End]
        • OOPs, I pressed an alert button by mistake, I hope it was t...   HarmonicCharge   4y

OOPs, I pressed an alert button by mistake, I hope it was the Good message one!!! ... ... Thanks for the info. That guy is long gone by now LOL ... ... For other issues, not the snoring. :) ... ... My chihuahua snores louder than any human tho, with or without a large tummy. SHEESH! ... ... :) :) :)   [End]
    • You could try an anti-snoring ring like the ring offered by...   randizzle   6mo

You could try an anti-snoring ring like the ring offered by http://www.snorenomore.net. Itís based on acupressure and is non-invasive. It worked for my wife when I thought there was no hope!   [End]
      • I have been using a nifty device 7 months now called theras...   nkoler   5mo

I have been using a nifty device 7 months now called therasnore. I first read about it over this site and decided to give it a try because its provided by the NHS and it has been clinically tested before. I am currently single, so I don't know how much my snoring is reduced but I can say that when I wake up I feel way more rejuvenated than I did before using it. Please be aware that it will take a few days to get accustomed to it but it's well worth it once you do. ... ...   [End]
  • Break through for both snoring and sleep apnea   ParaZapper   6y  Ü C Ü

I posted the following link about 4 months ago but it has been updated tio include new information on my latest efforts and some definite success. ... ... For those on this forum who suffer either from having or having a family member who has snoring problems or sleep apnea, I have posted a new web page about these topics. I do not sell any products but offer some information and advice. ... ... Snoring and Sleep Apnea ... ... This page is a workin progress and while not complete does provide some good information. ...   [End]
    • Very nice resource you put together there. ... ...   ...   imp99   5y

Very nice resource you put together there. ... ...   ... ... I also found this website with more information a sleep apnea breakthrough you may be interested in.  Itís an alternative to CPAP that has been helping thousands of people and they fully guarantee it for 90 days.  Very interesting. ... ...   ... ...   ...   [End]
    • Inclined lateral positional pillow   Oswald   4y

... ... How I control my snoring with an anti snoring pillow. ... ...   ... ... I am a victim of snoring and sleep apnoea; I have had this condition for a few years now. Ignorance was a factor for not realizing the seriousness of the condition. Way back in 2006 I had two, what I would categorize as quite a severe apneas. This was enough to wake me up gasping and choking, this experience lasted for a few minutes, again I did not take it too seriously until I had a third attack which lasted almost two hours before it settled down.   ... ...   ... ... I soon learnt that the apneas are seriou ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Dead limbs, not s good sign?   olyayeaye   6y  Ü C Ü

My limbs fall asleep at night when I am sleeping, becoming numb and unresponsive, and causing me to wake up many times during the night to change positions so that they will Ēwake upĒ. I assume the blood flow to my arms/hands is being cut off, but I remember hearing that pinched nerves can make a limb fall asleep. This happens to my arms, hands or just my fingers, nearly every night. Lately it has gotten worse, and I woke up with both arms dead at the same time despite not being in any strange positions that you would think would cut off blood flow. Could this be a nerve problem or is ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Just a guess...   fledgling   6y

...You sleep on your side(s)...on a mattress that has lost its original ísoftí surface and now tends to ímush outí (as kapok seems to do). ... ... If that is so, then you may only need to get yourself a 1Ē foam mattress topper to place against the mattress itself. ... ... I then covered this with a light blanket, then the bottom sheet. ... ... I suppose the mattress topper I used was of a medium density of foam. At that time I knew little about foams, and only bought the topper I first found. ... ... The comfort I got was immediate...arm numbness disappeared instantly. ... ... If you try adding a mattress topper, ...   [retrieve this message]
      • I agree with the mattress topper. I purchased one a couple...   Southern Belle   6y

I agree with the mattress topper. I purchased one a couple of years ago and an added bonus is I NEVER know when my husband has rolled over in the bed or gotten out of the bed. Now if that mattress topper could just stop his snoring. Of course, he says he doesnít snore. The dog and I disagree. ... ... Fledging, I am loving your posts these days on Curezone. I learn something new everyday. Give your sweet husband a hug from me. ... ... Paulette   [End]
        • You bet, Paulette!   fledgling   6y

Consider the man hugged, in your name! ... ... You know, my own snoring has disappeared since I have been gently adjusting my posture according to the four Alexander Technique statements. ... ... I have written what I read on the Internet, here on CureZone, but there are far more considerations to the procedure than I know. And, since a personís correct muscles are unused to supporting the body (particularly in the neck), altering the alignment even for the better, may hurt, a little, for a while. ... ... ... I hadnít seen a friend for more than thirty years. She had disc problems in her spine, from sitt ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: Dead limbs, not s good sign?   hopinso   6y

The mattress topper is a great idea. I know I am using one until I can afford to replace my old mattress. Another thing you might want to look into is a special neck support pillow. This will help align the neck and keep nerves in the cervical area from pinching. I had a good pillow I bought from my Chiropractor that cost about $20.00. I used it a long time, but came home from work one evening and found the dogs had taken off the pillowcase, the zipper cover and shredded the pillow over two rooms. Now I need a new one also.   [End]
      • Thanks fledgling, southern belle, hopinso! ... ... I will ...   olyayeaye   6y

Thanks fledgling, southern belle, hopinso! ... ... I will try those ideas and a different material to sleep on. Funny, I thought it was probably something wrong with me but looks like it might be my bed of choice instead. Thatís good to hear! Hopefully something will work out. Trying to delay seeing a doctor until I get medical coverage. Thanks!   [End]
    • What is the cause of your Peripheral neuropathy? Do you hav...   white tiger   6y

What is the cause of your Peripheral neuropathy? Do you have diabetes, neck problems or carpal tunnel syndrome?   [End]
  • Raising the head of the bed   R High on Water   7y  Ü C Ü

Well, I got to report on these, in case anyone was curious. We just received those bed risers TODAY. I put them on lowest setting and just under the casters under the head of the bed. Hubbyís been asleep now for 2 hours and has not snored one iota. ... ... Now granted, maybe this is too early of a call to report anything major - but ... ... NO SNORING? ... ... whoa ... ... Thatís worth at least $20, doncha think? ... ... I am impressed. And uh, some of the stuff that itís reported to help are: ... ... GERD ... sinus drainage ... circulation ... kidney function ... ... Well, YOU read it! Iíll close with the exact ones I ordered... ...   [retrieve this message]
    • I just canít imagine sleeping at that angle. Donít you fee...   sanctuary2   7y

I just canít imagine sleeping at that angle. Donít you feel like you are going to fall out of bed?   [End]
      • HoW, Iím so glad you posted this! My husband snores bad, a...   vitamixgirl   7y

HoW, Iím so glad you posted this! My husband snores bad, and I have to go pee all night. The article says this helps both of those conditions. I canít wait to try it. My husband and I already had a bed that was propped up on these block-like things, so this morning I just took the bottom ones out, and it seems pretty stable. Weíll see I guess how stable it really is. Weíre going to try it out tonight. Thanks again! I canít wait to hear your results with this.   [End]
        • I Can Already Tell You!   High on Water   7y

He didnít get up NEAR as often as he usually does! He didnít squirm or cry out in pain (at least for the first 2 1/2 hours I was awake and on the computer) AT ALL. ... ... At least he never remembers this; he always was pretty audible in his sleep. He used to talk AND walk in his sleep, I could tell some pretty funny stories.... ... ... So far so good - time will tell - itís a VERY good sign!!!   [End]
      • Re: Raising the head of the bed   High on Water   7y

Not at all - remember, we put the bed on the slightest angle first. One of the articles said to do this gradually, so the risers (I purchased) are on the lowest angle - weíll adjust the bed again in a couple months (cuz hubby has spinal issues and the article said angling should be done gradually over the months with degenerative spinal issues) and then once more in another couple months. I flopped around on the bed first to make sure the bed would be stable. ... ... We have wooden floors. I donít know how well the risers would work on carpeted floors.   [End]
        • HoW, last night my husband and I slept on the slanted bed, ...   vitamixgirl   7y

HoW, last night my husband and I slept on the slanted bed, and he snored much less and much quieter (his snoring was getting so bad it didnít even sound human sometimes). I also went to the bathroom much less. Iím excited to see what longterm effects come from sleeping like this. Iím so happy to learn about this! It amazes me how much I have learned just from this one forum. Thanks once again! I hope you and your husbands second night on the slanted bed was good!   [End]
    • Iím giving this a try, and have just ordered the risers. I ...   summerhaunt   7y

Iím giving this a try, and have just ordered the risers. I have such a problem with restroom runs at night, periodic acid reflux, edema, and I do have mild UARS (upper airway resistance syndrome) that does not respond to CPAP and there is not actual physical blockage. I can literally feel my throat closing when I relax enough to fall asleepójust not enough to fully close the airways like with apnea. This is only relieved by propping myself up, so I KNOW this will help. Propping myself up doesnít not do me good in the long run, though because it only raises my head or upper torso, which twi ...   [retrieve this message]
  • The Seven Sleep Disorder Signs   Marvin   8y  Ü C Ü

Hello forum members, there are seven signs that indicate you have a sleeping disorder. I would love if you members add some more to this information, which will help some people who donít know why they are feeling depressed and panic. ... ... Waking up often throughout the night ... ... Difficulty waking up in the morning and/or waking up too early in the morning ... ... Snoring on a regular basis ... ... Restless Leg Syndrome ... ... Drifting off to sleep at work or in school ... ... Difficulty concentrating ... ... Feelings of depression, anxiety, moodiness or general irritability   [End]
    • There are some good tools and quizzes out there that you ca...   #102619   6y

There are some good tools and quizzes out there that you can take and bring in to your doctor to begin to talk about your sleep problems, too. ... ... You can find them on sleepeducation.com, which is the patient education website from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. ... http://www.sleepeducation.com/EvaluateSleep.aspx ... ... ... 1) Epworth Sleepiness Scale - only 8 questions long. A short assessment, especially helpful for people who experience sleepiness during the day. ... ... 2) Sleep Evaluation - another short one, only 10 True/False questions that are different than those in the Epworth sca ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Atlas Adjustment   Stephan2   8y  Ü C Ü

Dear Group, ... ... I have some news regarding tinnitus: ... ... A friend of mine was messed up by a chiropractor and I invited him to stay at my house in Reno. He had extremely strong tinnitus since he saw that chiropractor in Huntsville, AL including balance probems, etc. We drove together to Dr. Stuart Pardee (775) 782-5143 in Minden, Nevada, a 1-1/4 hour drive from Reno. He did an x-ray and did an adjustment of his atlas (that is the C1 or the first vertebra that supports the skull). All nerves are running down this first element of the spine. His was way out and mine was out a little. Dr. Parde ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Stephen, ... ... You donít happen to know where the other ...   roseftd   8y

Stephen, ... ... You donít happen to know where the other Atlas adjusting tools are that your Dr. used? I have a 3 year ongoing TMJ and Atlas issue myself. I have tried every form of adjustment I have come across and non of them work on me. Do you know if this is a treatment that will have to be maintained with monthly visits or if a few visits are actually supposed to permanently resolve it? Iím in Florida, but if there isnít someone who can try this method on me thatís closer, I would consider coming out to see your Doc as long as it is meant to be a cure. I obviously canít move there to ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Stephen, ... ... You donít happen to know where the other ...   stillpointbliss   8y

you might want to look into craniosacral therapy. you can find a practitioner near you at upledger.com   [End]
        • Stillpointbliss, ... ... Thanks for the suggestion, but I ...   roseftd   8y

Stillpointbliss, ... ... Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried it with 3 different therapists 2 times a week for a year and it didnít help. It felt good at the time, but was only temporarily relaxing. Thereís not much I havenít tried, which is why I am so interested in Stephens experience. I appreciate it though.   [End]
      • Dear Roseftd, ... ... Yes, give Dr. Pardee a call. I think...   Stephan2   8y

Dear Roseftd, ... ... Yes, give Dr. Pardee a call. I think that most or all of the adjustment tools are on the west coast. I think because the original inventor lived in that area. ... ... I had two adjustments done. My tinnitus came back, however. I think it happens during the sleep. I have sleep apnea too, and maybe when I go through an episode during the night my neckmuscles act up and I get out of alignment. ... ... It did help my friend a lot. His vertigo disappeared and his back also got corrected. But his tinnitus is still there and bothering him a lot. ... ... Hope you get your TMJ and neck problem re ...   [retrieve this message]
        • Stephan, ... ... My husband had a sleep apnea issue. He d...   roseftd   8y

Stephan, ... ... My husband had a sleep apnea issue. He did the excercises on this website and got over it. http://www.dentalgentlecare.com/snoring.htm#prevent%20snoring We taped the excercises to the bathroom mirror and did them before bed every night. Within two weeks, he had quit snoring and was breating better in his sleep which allowed him to stay asleep and wake up more refreshed and less achy. He had been reading a lot about sleep apnea and found that the oxygen deprivation that causes most cases is related to laxity in the tubes in the throat. Check it out. They are very simple ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Sleep Apnea and Fibromyalgia   #56756   8y  Ü C Ü

Ok after reading the thread i started about Medical records i went and looked through mine again before bed last night. Well i was looking through and one thing caught my eye. My Rheumatolgist who diagnosed me with Fibro said that i ĒDenied snoringĒ and that i showed no symptoms of Sleep Apnea. Well here is the real story. He asked if i snored and i said how would i know if i snored if i am sleeping. He asked if i had anyone to watch me and i said no. I then said i will try Amptryptiline and if that doesnt work i want a sleep test. He agreed. Well i go back 2-3 weeks later and tell him i w ...   [retrieve this message]
    • So... this is an issue for you because of lack of sleep? Or...   objoyfl   8y

So... this is an issue for you because of lack of sleep? Or is there a reason you need to know for sure if you have SA? ... ... Also, just wondering... if you have SA what is the treatment for it? Can anything be done about it from a western medicine standpoint? ... ... obj ... ...   [End]
    • The surest way to find out if you have sleep apnea is to ge...   Zapp   8y

The surest way to find out if you have sleep apnea is to get married. My married friends tell me that your mate will not fail to emphatically point out even the smallest defect in your sleeping regimen. ... However, if like me, you consider a wedding to be an ill use of a perfectly good Saturday, other solutions must be found. In my area, a sleep study runs arounds $2,000, rather steep if it is not covered under insurance. Most of the time the doctor end up prescribing a $500 CPAP machine. It strikes me as being a bit of a waste. ... I wonder if renting or buying a video camera would be worthwhi ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Is it safe to put HYDROGEN PEROXIDE in a NEBULIZER?   btm66   8y  Ü C Ü

Iím new to this thinking. But, this morning on CBS they had a little girl on there that had a rare disorder where the brain doesnít get enough oxygen. They put her in one of those hyberberic (sp?) oxygen tanks and now she is doing things they never thought she could do. ... ... I got to thinking about my six year old and the problem he has with enlarged tonsils and adenoids. He has a dust mite allergy that we have been medicating him for and trying to eliminate dust mites, but it is hard. He needs to come off the Nasacort and Zyrtec, but when I try to take him off he starts the snoring again. ... ...   [retrieve this message]
    • I do not know the answer to your question. I would not put...   Blueduck   8y

I do not know the answer to your question. I would not put peroxide in a nebulizer myself. ... ... Are you really giving your child because of snoring ? ... ... Blueduck   [End]
      • He was snoring, so I took him to an ENT who said that his t...   btm66   8y

He was snoring, so I took him to an ENT who said that his tonsils and probably his adenoids were enlarged. We did a sleep study and found that he has sleep apnea. Also, we did a soft tissue x-ray and found that his adenoids are enlarged. ... ... He has not had problems with strep nor ear infections, so I donít know why they are enlarged. We also found that he has dust mite allergies, so weíve been treating him with Nasacort and Zyrtec. The snoring has reduced, but I canít get him off the meds. He was suppose to come off of them in December. One of his tonsils seems to have gotten smaller, ...   [retrieve this message]
        • Do you have a dog in the house?   beej   8y

... I donít mean to sound insensitive, but I have seen people have many breathing problems from keeping animals in the house, and sleeping with them. ...   [End]
          • Edited   btm66   8y

Thatís one thing I donít let my kids do, it touch animals. Just the way I was raised. They also tested him for that when we did the allergy testing. ... ... Thanks. ... ... P. S. No carpet either. Just dust.   [End]
        • Re: Is it safe to put HYDROGEN PEROXIDE in a NEBULIZER?   #52025   8y

I would absolutely not put peroxide in a nebulizer. That could be harsh on the lungs, and could be a problem if it got in the eyes. ... ... If there is really an infection issue, I can tell you what has worked for me. Iíve used colloidal silver in a nebulizer with no ill effects. I have found it to be as effective as antibiotic for lung and sinus infections for me. When I have any infection, I also take colloidal silver orally, as well as various herbs. Iím not sure about safety for children with the herbs though, you would have to check. Here are some good resources for using colloidal silve ...   [retrieve this message]
          • Iíve read more about the peroxide today and donít think ití...   btm66   8y

Iíve read more about the peroxide today and donít think itís a good idea now. I had put colloidal silver in the nebulizer and it seemed to maybe reduce the enlargement a little. I got concerned about using it with the allergy meds, so I stopped. I also got concerned about him breathing in silver particles in his lungs and them being there forever. ... ... I donít think there is an infection issue, as heís never had a problem with ear infections nor strep. I think itís related to the dust mite allergies. ... ... When I do colloidal silver orally, I get a yeast infection in my mouth, being diabeti ...   [retrieve this message]
            • Hi - I do understand your concern about silver in the lungs...   #52025   8y

Hi - I do understand your concern about silver in the lungs. I really donít think anyone knows if itís an issue or not in the long term. Iíve chosen to use it as I have had such severe problems with antibiotics, and the silver seems to give me no problems in the short run. ... ... If the enlargement did go down with the silver breathing then you may want to consider that perhaps there is some type of infection. ... ... As far as silver and yeast problems, some say that silver does not kill the good bacteria. Others say that it can. I have not really experienced that problem, and Iíve had big time p ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Don't let the doctors remove your son's tonsils.   R Owen   8y

Dear btm66, ... ... Chances are good that one of your sonís doctors is going to suggest that the boy ... should have his tonsils surgically removed. ... ... I hope you wonít let them do that. Tonsils ... are a valuable part of the immune system. ... The doctors will tell you that tonsils are ... a ĒvestigalĒ organ; one that the body doesnít ... need to stay healthy. ... ... Thatís not true. There are NO vestigal organs ... in the human body, including the appendix, ... which is another key part of the immune system. We need ALL of the organs in our body. ... If we didnít, they wouldnít be there. ... ... I was a child in the 1940s an ...   [retrieve this message]
      • They want to take the tonsils and adenoids   btm66   8y

Owen, as always thanks for your knowledge! ... ... Iíve seen three doctors and they all want to take the tonsils and adenoids. I had my tonsils, and probably adenoids, removed when I was nine and have had weight gain and health problems since, including, an auto-immune disease, Type 1 diabetes. ... ... Iím not letting them take the tonsils, but I have recently strongly been considering the adenoids. I just feel like Iím hurting him by letting the sleep apnea going on and on. I feel like if I get the enlarged adenoids out the apnea will stop. The allergy meds seem to have helped with the snoring ...   [retrieve this message]
        • my best friend didnít have her tonsils out until a day befo...   tuffy   8y

my best friend didnít have her tonsils out until a day before her 18th birthday....and now she is hardly ever sick! ... i remember her missing so many days of school that the court system made her mother go to court!!!! ... anyway. i had both mine removed at 4 and i have no allergies. my son had both removed at 7 and it has dramatically improved! he had lost alot of hearing from repeated ear infections. since then, no infection, no allergies. not only that, but he no longer snores! however, he is still a mouth breather when he sleeps....the naturalistic person i see says it is habit from not bei ...   [retrieve this message]
          • Re: A reminder   Ev   8y

This is an alternative health site, meaning that the alternative to mainstream medical practices, drugs and surgeries is what is commonly offered here. ... ... If you donít consistently try an alternative, how do you know that surgery is the best option? ... ... Nothing tried means nothing gained. ...   [End]
            • I am so sorry. I keep forgetting that its okay to recommend...   tuffy   8y

I am so sorry. I keep forgetting that its okay to recommend a doctor....however, as I obviously forgot to add, I tried other methods. ... I suppose you also should know that itís okay for others to suggest a doctor or what not, on other parts of this site. Why should it be any different here? ... There are however ĒsciencesĒ in alternative medication and sciences with doctors, and sometimes both sides are not always correct. ... The best rule of thumb is, first do no harm. ... ... tuffy   [End]
              • mom says that she wears tri-focal lenses and she does not k...   trapper/kcmo   8y

best i can tell, doing no harm means staying away from doctors. they are good at patching you up from an accident, but that is all i would trust.   [End]
                • like i said, there are sciences to both and both could neit...   tuffy   8y

like i said, there are sciences to both and both could neither be right or wrong. ... there is nothing wrong with the natural approach and there is nothing wrong with the medical approach. ... each carries its own risk and we are dealing with a child and i gave my honest opinion.....my son has hearing loss because i waited too long to seek the advice of a doctor. ... you donít try things that arenít yet mastered in children! there is nothing more important!!!   [End]
                  • we must always be more careful with children. when my son,...   trapper/kcmo   8y

we must always be more careful with children. when my son, who had his tonsils out already, came down with shingles, i had no choice but to go to a doctor - he was already damaged goods. to prevent the shingles from getting into the eyes, we had to go and get the anti virals and such. point is, he would have never had the shingles if he still had his tonsils. ... ... it is a fine line, and when a child is damaged, the system seeks to punnish the one doing the harm, unless of course it is the system itself - that is approved of and excused. they can keep their poisons and their ignorance and ...   [retrieve this message]
                    • 95% of the worlds population has EBV which is the same viru...   tuffy   8y

95% of the worlds population has EBV which is the same virus as shingles and chicken pox. I had pox twice and shingles once. It just a part of life...yes, sometimes one does nothing and ends up with shingles, and sometimes not. But you canít possibly blame one thing on your son being Ēdamaged goodsĒ. ... As for tonsils, I dont know what the reason, but I can tell you that seeing my best friend suffer all her life and finally having them taken out, there is a big huge difference....sheís alot more healthy now. ... what the issue is, is weighing all odds and then decide. we can only do what we fee ...   [retrieve this message]
                      • that is what the doctors are for - those who refuse to chan...   trapper/kcmo   8y

that is what the doctors are for - those who refuse to change their lifestyles. i believe dr hay when he writes that he cured 63000 patients with the orange juice fast. he had no repeat patients, and never lost any either. word of mouth brought more in.   [End]
                        • "that is what the doctors are for - those who refuse t...   RN Ev   8y

"that is what the doctors are for - those who refuse to change their lifestyles." ... ... ... ... EXACTLY! ... ... ... ... If a person is sick and unwilling to stop feeding their body junk then doctors can then help by prescribing poison to mask the symptoms, then prescribe other drugs to control the symptoms of the initial drug.... it will become an endless cycle. ... ... ... ... Doctors are good for emergency medicine such as accidents.  They are not trained in healing the body or maintaining health.  The only thing they do is maintain disease by prescribing drugs.  The other area they ar ...   [retrieve this message]
                          • and cant we be safe to say that, that is what flushing is f...   tuffy   8y

and cant we be safe to say that, that is what flushing is for as well? for those that want to rid the toxins out. however, there is sometimes an issue of going to the doctor and i usually go when my NP buddy says to! ... we are neither right, nor wrong. ... you have good doctors and bad doctors, just like it took me about 4 years to find a good np.   [End]
        • Re: They want to take the tonsils and adenoids   beej   8y

I see in my Ēback to edenĒ book that echinacea is good for the adenoids. ... ... A fruit diet is recommended for the tonsils, especially pineapple and other citrus.   [End]
          • Is the book title ĒBack to EdenĒ? Iíve never heard of it. ...   btm66   8y

Is the book title ĒBack to EdenĒ? Iíve never heard of it. I use Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing when looking up stuff. ... ... Iím wondering if the echinacea could be sprayed or put in the nebulizer? ... ...   [End]
            • a mono fruit diet supplemented with raw nuts would be best....   trapper/kcmo   8y

a mono fruit diet supplemented with raw nuts would be best. the killers are dairy and wheat and mixing carbs and protein together. yes, that means pizza, hamburgers, lasagna, eggs and pancakes, turkey and dressing, steak and potatoes, etc. the american diet is the worst in history.   [End]
              • Dear ab, ... ... If I were you, I would get another coloni...   btm66   8y

Could you tell me more about the mono fruit diet? Also, what raw nuts would you suggest? Someone suggested Pineapple, so Iím going to try that. ... ... Thanks.   [End]
                • Itís important that the fruit is eaten or juiced fresh. Onl...   beej   8y

Itís important that the fruit is eaten or juiced fresh. Only fresh fruit has enzymes. Pineapple is the only known source of the enzyme bromelain, which has strong anti- inflammatory properties. ... ... Almonds and Walnuts are more alkaline than some nuts, so I eat alot of them.   [End]
                • btm   SqueakyClean   8y

Yes your son is suffering but if I were you, I wouldnít have anything removed until I had exhausted all the other options. Sounds like you are serious, so get him in a seriously changed lifestyle plan (and to some extent that will involve your whole family). ... Drastically change the way he eats. I donít know if you mentioned what he eats currently. But I would think that, for a while at least, it would be completely vegan. No dairy, no flours, no wheat, no soy, perhaps no grains even (mucus forming). ... Tons of raw fruits and vegetables. Olive leaf and oregano oil taken daily. ... ... Are you fami ...   [retrieve this message]
                • Re: They want to take the tonsils and adenoids   trapper/kcmo   8y

a mono fruit diet allows the body to free up resources because fruits are easy to digest. the more mixed the diet, the more the body has to do to process it. i think oranges are the best, bananas would be the poorest choice. do not eat non-organic apples - too much fluoride possible. ... ... brazil nuts are the best bang for the buck. i wouldnt eat walnuts or almonds unless they are organic and that makes them expensive. always wash the nuts first. almonds and walnuts should also be soaked in distilled water for best digestion. raw, of course. we get life from live foods. ... ... the tonsils ...   [retrieve this message]
            • Yes, Itís back to eden by Jethro Kloss. Itís an old book. M...   beej   8y

Yes, Itís back to eden by Jethro Kloss. Itís an old book. Mine is Copyright 1975, but the original edition was 1939. ... ... But you know, when it comes to humans, good info doesnít become obsolete. ... ... I really donít know how many ways echinacea can be used.   [End]
      • Re: Don't let the doctors remove your son's tonsils.   trapper/kcmo   8y

i cant agree with you more. my son got his out before i got smart and he is the one who now sffers. he has already had a case of shingles which endangered his right eye. shingles in a 14 year old! i regret every day letting that happen to him. he had a beautiful voice before that too. his teachers said he sang like an angel. the medicos took my angel away.   [End]
    • YES it IS safe to put HYDROGEN PEROXIDE in a NEBULIZER?   Foghat   8y

Nebulizer Treatment ... ... ... ... Nebulized hydrogen peroxide is a treatment in which hydrogen peroxide is misted into the upper respiratory tract to act as a local antibacterial agent. Nebulizer units can be rented from the clinic for a week or more depending on your specific needs. With treatment at the clinic, other nebulized ingredients are also available Ė such as NAC, which helps to break up mucus so it can be cleared from the nose/sinuses, and Glutathione, which is used to treat chronic respiratory problems. ... ... http://www.phs-clinic.com/AboutImmuno.html   [End]
      • Hi - I looked at your link. Very interesting. I do IV gluta...   #52025   8y

Hi - I looked at your link. Very interesting. I do IV glutathione and itís been amazing. Do you happen to know if the inhaled glutathione will get in the blood, or does it just stay local in the lungs? ... ... Also, when doing peroxide in the nebulizer, isnít it dangerous to get that in your eyes? Can anyone with a nebulizer do that safely? Are there any special directions you would give? ... ... Thanks!   [End]
        • Authors Marrades RM. Roca J. Barbera JA. Dejover L. Macnee ...   Foghat   8y

Authors Marrades RM. Roca J. Barbera JA. Dejover L. Macnee W. Rodriguezroisin R. ... Title NEBULIZED GLUTATHIONE INDUCES BRONCHOCONSTRICTION IN PATIENTS WITH MILD ASTHMA ... Source American Journal of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine. 156(2):425-430, 1997 Aug. ... ... Abstract To assess the effects on bronchial responsiveness of nebulized glutathione (GSH), one of ... the most efficient scavengers of oxidant substances in the airways, we ... studied eight patients with mild asthma (FEV1, 88 +/- 11% predicted [SD]) in ... a randomized, double-blind, cross-over, placebo-controlled fashion. ... Bronchial challe ...   [retrieve this message]
        • Never heard of IV glutathione. My son is on the glutathion...   btm66   8y

Never heard of IV glutathione. My son is on the glutathione cream daily. ... ... How do you do IV glutathione? Is that prescribed and done by a doctor? I assume it is. ... ... Thanks.   [End]
  • Tonsils and Adenoids   seekinmom   9y  Ü C Ü

My 4 year old daughter is having ongoing problems with snoring, nasal sounding speach and possibly sleep apnea. I have searched the internet on causes and treatments and they all lead to having the tonsils and adenoids removed. My husband and I are strongly against tonsilectomy/adenoidectomy. I have been unsuccessful in finding what else to do besides taking her off milk, which Iíve already tried. I am looking into getting raw milk. She isnít sneezing or having a runny nose at all. It just sounds like sheís constantly plugged up.   [End]
  • APNEA and ALLERGIES - any relationship b/t   btm66   9y  Ü C Ü

My five year old was just diagnosed with mild to moderate sleep apnea. He has large tonsils and nasal congestion. He is allergic to dust mites, cockroaches and shellfish. The only one Iím sure he has come in contact with is dust mites and maybe cockroaches. ... ... My three year old has just started snoring within the past week. I notice nasal congestion in him and we just installed an air conditioner. He has stopped breathing. ... ... Could the allergies cause the sleep apnea? Whatís good for these allergies? ... ... Thanks.   [End]
    • Yes. Especially because nasal congestion can cause post na...   Ev   9y

Yes. Especially because nasal congestion can cause post nasal drip (where it drips down the back of the throat) That post nasal drip can cause the tonsils to enlarge because of irritation. ... ... Is your house dusty, musty or moldy? ... ... I would suggest looking around for an air purifier that ozonates the air. There are a lot of manufactures, but I prefer *Living Air. I believe their machines are far superior. ... ... Of course make sure both your children have a clean diet of lots of raw fruits and veggies, whole grains and absolutely no artificial ingredients like dye and flavors. I would also ...   [retrieve this message]
      • We did live in an old moldy trailer. We just built our own...   btm66   9y

We did live in an old moldy trailer. We just built our own house and tried our best to keep it mold free. However, we are still in construction and have dust and their mattresses are borrowed old ones. ... ... The five year old started when we lived in the trailer but the three year old just started snoring. And, I just stopped nursing him about a month ago. Since then he has developed the skin bumps that my first son has had and has now started snoring. Related? I think. ... ... I have to look into the Living Air. Is that the same as an ionic purifier? I have a Pionair. ... ... I cut out dairy a ...   [retrieve this message]
  • End of day 10! (NO MORE SNORING)   Midge   9y  Ü C Ü

My husband told me today that I havenít snored in about 4 days!! WOW! It must have been all that mucus causing me to snore. ... ... Down 12.6 pounds ... Tongue still yellowish-white. ... Iím waking up easier in the morning. (I hated getting up. Iíd get up, turn off alarm, lay back down until I got a headache.....not no more!) ... ... Today was a big challenge. My mom came over and we made 222 choc. chip oatmeal cookies and 140 no bake cookies. Then my husband and I went to a business meeting and on the way stopped at Arbyís and on the way back stopped at McDonalds. And I did fine all day!! WooHoo ... ... On to ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Information needed   valiegal   9y  Ü C Ü

I went to a sleep clinic and was diagnosed with apnea. I snore 95% of the night and can never get a good nights sleep. My husband recently gave up sleeping with me and is now sleeping on the couch. I had absolutly no help from the sleep clinic. They told me I donít qualify for the CPAP machine as I only stopped breathing 80 times a night. You qualify if you stop more than 100 times per night for insurance coverage. Well, the day after tomorrow Iím making a trip 100 miles away to get a mouth appliance made. It is expensive, $500.00. If that does not work I will try to buy a cpap machine on ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Valiegal, ... I am sorry to welcome you to the world of sle...   wizard_deluxe   9y

Valiegal, ... I am sorry to welcome you to the world of sleep apnea. You will wish you werenít here but I promise you itís better to know and work to solve the problem. Yes, sleeping with a mask on is uncomfortable. Yes, getting the right machine/mask combo for you takes a while, the strengh of hercules and the patients of Job. Is it worth it. YES!!!! The most important advice I can give you is to read and learn from those who went before you. I highly recommend the Sleep Apnea Forum at http://www.talkaboutsleep.com . Read back MONTHS into the posts. If you do this you will be forearmed with ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Maybe salt will help.   #4715   9y

I donít know the reason for apnea, but this might be worth your consideration. Salt is important for so many bodily functions. I am pasting this list of functions from the Curezone íSalt Pageí ... --------------------------------------------------------------- ... ... 1. Salt is most effective in stabilizing irregular heartbeats and, Contrary to the misconception that it causes high blood pressure, it is actually essential for the regulation of blood pressure - in conjunction with water. Naturally the proportions are critical. ... ... 2. Salt is vital to the extraction of excess acidity from the cells ...   [retrieve this message]
        • Thank you both for suggestions. I will consider all suggest...   valiegal   9y

Thank you both for suggestions. I will consider all suggestions. I do have the mouth guard ordered. It is a snore guard made by a dentist that I have full trust in. I had to have impressions made of my teeth to fit my mouth. It is supposed to be positioned to move your bottom jaw forward so that the airway wonít close while sleeping. It is supposed to work 80% of the time. I will get it in 1-2 weeks from now. Iíll let everyone know how it works. Iím praying that it will help me. Anyone else have a snore guard and having good results? If that does not help I will try any other proven method ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: Information needed   negritail   9y

i have had sleep apnea for years. i finally got over the fear of spending the night over at sleep clinic at a point i was short of breath all day and sleepy all the time..miserably sick. i got my cpap from the VA, and it is a blessing! i have the one with just the nose pieces. yes it takes an adjustment but you can regulate heat etc so your nose will not dry out. the machine is worth $700 and it is a blessing! it does not bother you to wear it at all, it is very light, you just look like a stealth fighter pilot over night. there is also nasal stuff for dryness available. it is wort ...   [retrieve this message]
      • I have had sleep apnea for over fifteen years. I got to a t...   #37250   9y

I have had sleep apnea for over fifteen years. I got to a terrible physical shape before I took actions to improve it; couldnít drive without falling asleep, wetting the bed, couldnít concentrate, impotence, high blood pressure, overweight. I believe I was getting close to death. I have had a cpap for ten years. I can say I believe it saved my life. Of course I would like to be able to sleep without it but it has become a way of life. There is no way I would go back to trying to sleep without it.   [End]
    • If your Apneas werenít often enough to qualify at that time...   Snuzin   8y

If your Apneas werenít often enough to qualify at that time for CPAP one option might be to keep a journal with your Husband of witnessed Apneas and severity of snoring. Tests have been done to show that one night in a Sleep Lab isnít always enough to get a true and accurate picture of that persons habits. Well no Patient, Dr, Lab or Insurance Co will tolerate 5 nights in a lab to get acclimated. With documentation, History and a little nudging CPAP can be ordered tho you may have to pay for equipment until you can convince Ins Co. ... ... Regardless of how you obtain the machine you MUST ha ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Hello everyone, ... ... You guys gave very helpfull inform...   Marvin   8y

Hello everyone, ... ... You guys gave very helpfull information about sleep apnea...and yes there is a lot of ways to controle sleep apnea. like Behavioral Therapies, Positive pressure therapy, ... Oral appliances, Surgery. Lose weight Sleep on your side,Regularize your sleep hours,Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP),Dental appliances, or oral mandibular advancement devices, can be made that prevent the tongue from occluding the throat and/or advance the lower jaw forward when one is lying down. These adjustments help keep the airway open during sleep. Such devices can be specifically, desi ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Valiegal   towzer   7y

Hello ... Just noticed you posted a while back on the sleep apnea ... Did the oral device by your dentist help? ... ... Thks   [End]
    • Re: Information needed   Arkie   7y

If you snore you have it bad enough to have a cpap, my husband has it and I put up with snoring for years, then the VA gave him a test and he had to take it twice to get the righ reading. So you canít trust those places. The cpap machine is a life saving machine I think and it is not noisy, if you get one your husband would love it. My husband has it no matter how much he weights.. So do everything to get one and forget the mouth thing. You could buy a machine for that much..   [End]
  • I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea for years now - anyo...   Gbink   9y  Ü C Ü

I am a CPAP user and I have some family members who have taken the surgery option. ... ... Chris   [End]
    • I also had been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. A kaiser doctor...   RN InCharge   9y

I also had been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. A kaiser doctor said that the muscles in the back of the throat tend to weaken as you get older, and when you are sleeping your togue slides downward in your throat and blocks the airway. He sent me home with a $350 machine. The plan was to keep a mask on during the night that would supply me with oxygen. Well I ended up tearing the tubing out of the machine. needless to say, he wasnít exactly happy with me. ... ... Anyway, For what itís worth, the Sleep Apnea was one of the health problems that cleared up when I had my amalgam fillings and root canal ...   [retrieve this message]
      • I wish I could report the same, but having my amalgams remo...   Gbink   9y

I wish I could report the same, but having my amalgams removed didnít make any noticeable difference for me. Iím glad that it helped you! ... ... As far as the CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) option goes, if you have a good sleep doctor, they will work with you to get you the correct equipment. I lucked out and was given the right CPAP mask at my sleep study. But, many of the people I have met have tried several before finding the one that worked the best for them. The stats that I heard from my doctor years ago were that the surgery to remove some of the structures in the back of ...   [retrieve this message]
        • I wish I could report the same, but having my amalgams remo...   hanna   9y

May be this does not work for adults but my grandson when he was 7 had his tonsils out and that cured it for him. ... ... Johanna   [End]
          • From what I understand, it is a case by case basis. For ea...   Gbink   9y

From what I understand, it is a case by case basis. For eample, for heavy people, it isnít as effective because they have extra pressure on the tonsils etc. But, I imagine it would be fine for kids. I would say without a doubt if you could avoid having to use a machine for the rest of your life, definitely persue that. But, there is a chance that it wonít work and youíll have to try again. ... ... By the way, if you are heavy and you loose a considerable amount of weight, you may find that either your pressure setting will need to be reset or you may no longer need the machine at all! ... ... GBink   [retrieve this message]
            • I have Apnea and used to wake up gasping for air many times...   telekinetic   9y

I have Apnea and used to wake up gasping for air many times a night, then other nights maybe only once. ... I am 66 and gained 100 lbs since age 52 to obesity. I am mildly asthmatic and now insulin dependent diabetic. My triglicerides were 8.2, blood pressure up, and cholesterol ... bad ok, good low. ... ... I refused the mask as they irritate me, and the same with the mouth appliance. I did not particularly believe in the doctor and his treatment. ... ... So this is what I did: first I cut back on fatty meats like sausage, ham, premium steaks, foods fried in anything but pam or olive oil. ... Cruceferous ...   [retrieve this message]
              • Good for you telekinetic! Keep up the work and let us know ...   valiegal   9y

Good for you telekinetic! Keep up the work and let us know how you are doing. Iím also diabetic and 53. Iím about 10 lbs overweight. Iím hoping with willpower and a strict diet I can lose and get my bp down and my sleep apnea under control. I wrote above about my problems with apnea, if you want to check it out. Iím hoping that a mouth guard will help me. Do you also snore? Has your snoring lessened with the weight loss?   [End]
                • valiegal : I gained back 2 lbs, my insulin use is now 60%...   telekinetic   9y

valiegal : I gained back 2 lbs, my insulin use is now 60% rather than the earlier 33%; still down a third. ... I have succumbed to late night snacks but eat lighter lunch and dinner. I recently stopped my Zocor and have less muscle achs. My blood pressure is not home monitored yet, but I may reduce it 50% because it was doubled in January. I asked and was told I still snore ... loudly . I cannot recall the last time i woke up gasping, it was late last year i believe. ... ... I was to a point where i was getting up 5-6 times a night ... a rather sudden increase ... the cure was not less but more ...   [retrieve this message]
      • You know when I had my last root canal- I begin to feel my ...   9thbody   9y

You know when I had my last root canal- I begin to feel my throat closing up, and could not breathe even through my nose, I wonder if I am having these same isues at night? So interesting-   [End]
  • Is this the right forum for SNORING?   maisonchat   9y  Ü C Ü

If anyone knows any way to help with snoring please respond. ... ... Thanks, ... J.   [End]
    • Re: Is this the right forum for SNORING? - Not sure...   zaklin   9y

I would like to know as well - my husband snores so loud I am having sleepless nights. We donít have an extra bedroom for him to sleep in and he canít sleep on the couch forever...Iím at my wits end...(yes he does have some allergies and the pillows we sleep on are those Ēallergy reducing kindĒ but they are not that puffy - I read somewhere that he needs a proper pillow like obus forme..)Any herbal remedies he can breath in at night that could open up his air waves? ... ... Thanks ... ... Z.   [End]
  • Hard to breath? Astma? Sleep apnea?   #29636   10y  Ü C Ü

I have Astma and sleep disorders. I suffered a lot with this and have a fellow feeling for all that are afflicted with this terrible deasis. Last year I came across a product made in Canada called SNORE-NO-More! ... I rub a little of this liquid in my nostrils before bed and after I wash in the morning. My snoring and difficult breathing vanished.Unfortunately it is not a cure.I must use it every day. ... Go to www.kroscenherbalproducts.com to see it. ... I am sure it will help some of you too.   [End]
    • try a laser pointer!   krupaclassy   10y

Okay, so itís weird, but it works! My hubby got a laser pointer with a 650 hertz wavelength, the ones that have a longer pointing distance. and started using it on the palet in his mouth. I can sleep through the night again! Itís also great for use at acupuncture points and fantastic for sinuses!! Itís worth the ten bucks to try it!   [End]
  • snoring!!!   Dot   11y  Ü C Ü

HELP!To start with,my husband WILL NOT give up his milk,sugar,meat ... and so forth.Will not cleanse.Heís 66 and I have FINALLY gotton him to take a vtamin and he will eat raw garlic with me at dinner. ... Is there anything for such a stubborn person so I can get some sleep.I was sleeping in the living room on a small air mattress ... [till it sprung a leak]his snoring bothers me soo.Desperate,Dot.   [End]
    • Uvula lube.   nordskoven   11y

Just get some of that commercial spray which lubricates the soft palate so it wont WHOONKOOOF! as a person breathes. I think it might be made out of Lecithin. Maybe you could find out on the net. God bless!   [End]
      • I would personally try a coffee enema then a colonic to try...   Dot   11y

Thanks.I bought a spray a couple of yrs ago and he didnít use it but will try again.   [End]
        • I tried snorefix on my husband, It didnít work. ... We are...   tracie   11y

I tried snorefix on my husband, It didnít work. ... We are going to have the dentist set him up with an appliance that costs a mint but is supposed to work. Iíll let you know. ... Please let me know if you find anything that works. I took a job nights because I canít sleep around him anymore.   [End]
          • Snoring   Cutie Pie   11y

I hate to admit it, but I started snoring about 10 years ago. My poor husband couldnít sleep either. I felt terrible. I thought it was because I gained a few pounds. ... ... Well, I can proudly say I donít snore anymore. Something at my old workplace was causing my throat to close up and I wasnít even aware of it. ... ... We move to another state. Moved into a new house. And changed occupations. After we had moved, in about 2 weeks. I never snored again! Later I learned that snoring is caused by toxins that a person is allergic to. Sometimes it is the deodorant, shampoo, wallpaper. ... It w ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Re: Uvula lube.   #166184   11y

i have been a heavy snorer for years. as i got older, i gained weight and it got worse to the point i had to sleep in another room or my wife could not sleep. i had heard about the different things doctors could do. so i went to a internal medicine doctor. some forms of snoring can be corrected surgically, others can not. mine was diagnosed as sleep apnea. as i go into the deeper rythms of sleep, my jaw actually relaxes and slides across the airway, causing snoring. in my case, i was actually stopping breathing. the body would knee itself awake enough to make me move my mouth and i would ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: snoring!!!   tigerfish   11y

i was concerned about my mouth opening while i sleep, because i didnít want a sore throat in the morning from breathing through my mouth. i decided to suck my tongue to the top of my mouth (mouth closed, and uvula toward front of tongue). now my mouth canít open while sleeping, my uvula canít move, and if i try to scream in a dream, i will only moan (unless i actually force my mouth open). you might experience a slightly swollen pallet from the pressure, but i only have this rarely, and itís very slight anyway. maybe someone can use this to change snoring habits.   [End]
    • Snoring is a very common problem which occurs due to the bl...   Mathias78   6y

Snoring is a very common problem which occurs due to the blockage of air in the breathing passage. Snoring is precipitated due to intake of alcohol, smoking, over weight and wrong sleeping posture etc. Olive oil is very effective in resolving the symptoms. ... ...   [End]

Filter Messages: order by

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

Colon Cleanse
Safely relieve bloating and constipation associated with an unhealthy colon.
I regained my life!
I no longer worry about having Herpes outbreaks
Heal Type 2 Diabetes
Discover The Real Cause Type 2 DiabetesÖAnd How To Turn It On Its Head I...
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days

PLAT

Did you poop today?
All natural constipation relief!
Hulda Clark Cleanses
Parasite Cleanse, Kidney Cleanse, Liver Flush, Bowel Program according t...

GOLD

Alkaline Water Benefits?
Can you get health benefits from drinking alkaline ionized water? Wh...
Skin Therapy Soaps
Silver Aloe-Aloe Gold-Copper Aloe Skin Therapy Soap. All Natural with plan...
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

Healthy Weight Loss
ĒI saw results almost immediately, losing 52 pounds between September and...
Medically Proven Anti-Cancer Benefits
Medical researchers confirm electrolyzed reduced water ...
ClarkFx: The all-in-one Parasite Cleanse!
ClarkFX is a new; enhanced natural, effective paras...
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Bad Breath Cure
Bad Breath Cure
Life Technologyô
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
The Best Years in Life
Naturally live longer, healthier and happier and avoid mainstream mana...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Add This Forum To Your Favorites!

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

197 messages, 34 topics, topics per page limited to: 20, average number of messages per page: 197, 1 pages,  38,053 page views

"Overall deterioration of the body that comes with growing old is not inevitable."
~ Dr. Daniel Rudman

Image Galler Snoring Image Gallery         Image Galler Last 30 Uploads
Google Ads

Constipated by medication?
Find relief!

Herpes Cure?
It certainly is a major breakthrough in how Herpes is Treated

High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today

Proven Candida Diet

Iodine Supports Thyroid Health
#1 Rated Iodine Supplement! 180-Day Money Back Guarantee. Fr...

Proven Parasite Diet

Anti Cancer Medical Effect
Electrolyzed reduced water protects against oxidative damage to ...

Medically research anti-diabetic effects
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces ...

Cancerís Natural Enemy
Rose Laurel OPC Plus, 15% discount with Cure Zone Discount Code of L...

Hydrazine Sulfate - Cancer Support
Hydrazine Sulfateís Original Proponent, Dr. Joseph Gold ...

Natural Cancer Remedies

Google Ads

Find relief!

Herpes Cure?

High Blood Pressure?

Proven Candida Diet

Proven Parasite Diet

Cancerís Natural Enemy

Natural Cancer Remedies

Google Ads

Find relief!

Herpes Cure?

High Blood Pressure?

Proven Candida Diet

Proven Parasite Diet

Cancerís Natural Enemy

Natural Cancer Remedies

Google Ads

Donate to CureZone

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.org

fetched in 2.60 sec at 4/20/2014 8:26:32 AM, requested by 54.205.221.22, referred by http://curezone.org/forums/f2.asp?f=921 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=25