CureZone.org   Educating Instead of Medicating Like CureZone website on Facebook
Home > Forums5158 visitors online now Add To Favorites Log On    Join/Sign Up    User Finder   Inbox New
The Best Favorites

Newsletter:

Search:
Forums BLogs FAQ Images Health Diseases Diet Foods Cleanse Convert

God Without Religion Hard Debate Forum

Read This First:  Success  Educational  Failed  Warning  BSA  RN  ALL R  ~BSA  ~RN  RRR  RR  Image Embedded  Video Embedded Audio Embedded   Images   Description   Books   Rules
 211,714 page views     368 messages     55 topics     1 pages
Post New Topic  Post new topic message to this forum by using a plain text editor  Post new topic message to this forum by using advanced HTML text editor called FCK  Post new topic message to this forum by using advanced HTML text editor called Tiny MCE 

Original Forum Layout     Add To Favorites!
Last Message
21d ago
Search:   Top 300
Forum: God-Religion HD.     All Forums 
Like God Without Religion Hard Debate on Facebook.com
Challenge the message and not the messenger!
The first person to resort to name calling and personal attacks automatically loses the debate!
Personal attack is often the best indication that the writer knows his logic is flawed and therefore tries to deflect attention by attacking the opponent, instead of attacking the arguments of the opponent.

• New spiritual book explaining God's wishes and the teaching...   Wellboy   21d

Hi there. ... ... After a lot of consulting with pastors and enlightened thinkers in the US and around the world on this subject, I’ve written something that I think will stimulate a lot of conversation about who God is and what he wants of us, and what Jesus’s mission was here on Earth, as well as exploring the path to wholeness we all seek. ... ... Too many people get bogged down in the high-flying concepts of religion and lose track of how simple the truth really is when you get down to basics. Therefore I thought it was time that someone laid it all out very simply in a way that everyone can u ...   [retrieve this message]
  • The new age   saywhatagain   13mo

Okay, I know there is a lot of hype about 2012 and I don’t really know if there is something specific that happened at the end of 2012 that shifted the energy of the world. It is possible and I certainly do feel some dramatic changes taking place in my own life. But there is certainly a big shift in the way people are behaving and this has been happening for a while. I have been religious for parts of my life, have considered myself a Christian and even though I have gotten away from religion and ventured more into meditation, I have still had a fond place in my heart for religions of t ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Image Embedded Inviting you to a Dolmen Pilgrimage!   VestnikRA   13mo

Dolmen pilgrimage (video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztv5_GA4nGU ... Sacred relations with dolmens through a photograph. ( http://www.spaceoflove.com/dolm_tour.htm) ... ...   [End]
  • God Particle Found   #136970   13mo

... ... The God particle which helps explain Creation and the Big Bang has been ... found. ... ... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/14/higgs-boson-discovery-confirmed-cern-large-hadron-collider_n_2874975.html#slide=1194357 ... ... Higgs Boson Discovery Confirmed After Physicists Review ... Large Hadron Collider Data At CERN ... ... 03/14/13 09:28 AM ET EDT ... ... GENEVA — The search is all but over for a subatomic particle that is a ... crucial building block of the universe. ... ... Physicists announced Thursday they believe they have discovered the subatomic ... particle predicted nearly a half-century ago, which will ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Image Embedded Video Embedded Personally I don’t believe it, that is that the god particl...   opihikaobob   13mo

Personally I don’t believe it, that is that the god particle is the smallest thing nature does. Acocording to Nassim Haramein in the video "The Black Whole) www.dailymotion.com/video/xrp0po_black-whole-part1_tech#.UUN9aneA9ZA   he believes that nature can always divide farther .    Not that I don’t believe in science -I do , however at this paticular time in history I think they ( tptb) have a whole lot riding on the perceptions that they can create in the world at large. If they can make this claim, it furthers their goal of separating the people from the belief in hig ...   [retrieve this message]
      • ... ... The Higgs Boson particle discovery was predicted i...   #136970   13mo

... ... The Higgs Boson particle discovery was predicted in 1964.  It is a ... particle without which there would be no such thing as space, and therefore no ... such thing as time.  It fits hand in glove with the Big Bang theory.  ... It also supports what Eastern mystics have taught for eons - that time and space ... are an illusion.  The Easterners have also known for just as long that each ... one of us is an eternal spirit residing in our temples - our bodies, which is ... where Jesus taught that the kingdom of God is at.  The Higgs Boson particle ... discovery is truly the God partic ...   [retrieve this message]
        • "The Higgs Boson particle discovery is truly the God p...   opihikaobob   13mo

"The Higgs Boson particle discovery is truly the God particle." ... ... As of March 2013, it is still uncertain whether the new boson that has been discovered exactly matches the Higgs boson predicted by the Standard Model, or whether multiple Higgs bosons may exist as predicted by other theories. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson ... ... I think it that your asseration is as yet unconfirmed , and if it’s a particle it can be divided as Nassim say’s further and further ad infinitum ...   [End]
          • ... ... " I think it that your asseration is as ... y...   #136970   13mo

... ... " I think it that your asseration is as ... yet unconfirmed , and if it’s a particle it can be divided as Nassim say’s ... further and further ad infinitum" ... ... Oh, a skeptic huh?  So you don’t think that 99.6 percent certainty is ... enough?  I’ll bet you live in your basement because getting out of your ... house might get you killed. ... ... http://www.leaderpost.com/technology/science/Scientists+want+sure+about+particle/8058827/story.html ... ... With new analyses, scientists are 99.6 per cent certain they found the ... crucial Higgs boson. But they want to be 99.9 per cent positive, sa ...   [retrieve this message]
            • Video Embedded www.dailymotion.com/video/xrp0po_black-whole-part1_tech#.UU...   opihikaobob   13mo

www.dailymotion.com/video/xrp0po_black-whole-part1_tech#.UUN9aneA9ZA   I bet you haven’t watched Nassims video. ...   [End]
              • ... ... "I bet you haven’t watched Nassims video"...   #136970   13mo

... ... "I bet you haven’t watched Nassims video" ... ... No need to.  I’ll take the word of several who have been working with ... the 8 billion dollar accelerator over a fraud - any day. ... ... http://azureworld.blogspot.com/2010/02/nassim-haramein-fraud-or-sage-part-2.html ... ... Nassim Haramein - Fraud or Sage? ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I’d like to outline here some very sound reasons for asserting that Nassim ... Haramein is grossly misleading people by claiming to have any depth of ... scientific understanding behind his ideas.... ... ... ...   ... ... ... ...   [retrieve this message]
                • I am not going to waste time defending Nassim , anyone can ...   opihikaobob   13mo

I am not going to waste time defending Nassim , anyone can google him and make up there own minds.   [End]
                  • ... ... You’re not defending him because his analysis does...   #136970   13mo

... ... You’re not defending him because his analysis doesn’t hold water and he ... doesn’t have the credentials to back it up. ... ... There’s still a Flat Earth Society out there who believes that the world is ... flat.  Nassim fits into that category. ... ... ... ...   [End]
                    • ... All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ri...   opihikaobob   13mo

... All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. ... Arthur Schopenhauer  ... ... ... ...   ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Read more at  http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/arthur_schopenhauer.html#VYZUPIIb5ipQTEQE.99  ... ...   ... ...   http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Nassim_Haramein’s_Resonance_Project_Foundation ... ...   ...   [End]
                      • ... ... " All ... truth passes through three stages. ...   #136970   13mo

... ... " All ... truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is ... violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ... ... You failed to cover the known fact about Nassim - he is a verified liar and ... lied in his "analysis." ... ... ... ...   [End]
                        •   ... ... You failed to cover the known fact about Na...   opihikaobob   13mo

... ... You failed to cover the known fact about Nassim - he is a verified liar and lied in his "analysis." ... ...   ... ... So you say,  an anonymous person, why don’t you make an attempt at credability by posting some links to verify your assertion. ... ... ... ... ... ...   [End]
                  • Re: God Particle Found   mollyhixson   4mo

..   [End]
  • “The “Word” of God: How it began”!   Teacher of Light   22mo

... ... This Awareness asks now that you visualize a pool of water, which is a flat surface, that you visualize a cube of space in which something inside that cube moves and that something represents to the cube of space the same thing as a rock striking the water, and from that movement in the cube of space, ripples go out in all directions toward the edge of that cube. ... ... These go out as spheres rather than flat waves on the water. These spheres of energy, moving out from that point our frequencies, vibrations, and there are major vibrations and there are minor vibrations caused by the move ...   [retrieve this message]
  • In Need Of Spiritual/Religious Guidance   nickonelove   4y

From Kindergarten to 8th grade I attended a Catholic school. While the academics were fantastic and it made public high school a breeze; however, it, along with the corruption and pedophilia in the Church have disgusted me to the point of no return. ... ... I’ve always smoked weed; getting my medical marijuana recommendation as soon as I turned 18. I feel like Cannabis is an excellent spiritual aid. Recently after I became disenfranchised with Christian religion I started using psychedelics; mostly mushrooms. This was a huge breakthrough in my spiritual life and I finally felt like things were ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Some Ideas   InnerCalm   4y

Many people have left behind religion. It can actually be a transition to a much freer life if you allow it to be. Christianty and many other religions/cults are means of controlling people by instilling dysfunctional beliefs into people. The corruption that rots within these organizations are tell tale signs of their lack of harmony within. ... ... A mistake that some make though is jumping from a kettle to a pan. In other words they replace one set of dogmatic beleifs for another out of the need to complete themselves from without themselves. Spirituality is personal and is an inside job ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: In Need Of Spiritual/Religious Guidance   TheKyd   4y

:] ... ... Happy travelz fellow trippa ! ...   [End]
    • I was lost at one point in my life too, and this book chang...   newmember2004   4y

I was lost at one point in my life too, and this book changed my life. I have passed on to many others..and it changed their lives too. Just read it, you can purchase on amazon or get it at your bookstore. ... ... Autobiography of a yogi, by Paramahansa Yogananda. It is his biography of his quest to find God..Amazing. ... ... Everything you seek is within you..you just to to access it. Read the book and let me know what you think. ... ... Many Blessings   [End]
      • I don’t practice any religion either, mostly due to the hyp...   Iolite   4y

I don’t practice any religion either, mostly due to the hypocrisy of western religions. I sometimes envy the church goer’s sense of community, but I just don’t fit in with any religious group. You just need to find a group of like minded folks to spend time with either physically or online. There are lots of spiritually aware groups online and you can probably find like minded folks at a new age shop. Try one of the classes that they offer, might lead to some new friends.   [End]
    • I have to agree with everyone here. ... ... I have done ...   Raynbo   4y

I have to agree with everyone here. ... ... I have done it all. Church goer as a kid. Grass, LSD & mushrooms as a rebellious youngun. Macrobiotics, yoga, etc. as a young adult. Meditating in the desert with a guru...early 30s. Falun Gong, 50s. Divine Light (SMBK - a Japanese group) after that. ... ... Now, I just hang with my dog. It’s better this way.   [End]
      • Dogs are ok, cats are better IMHO! But like minded spiritu...   Iolite   4y

Dogs are ok, cats are better IMHO! But like minded spiritually aligned humans are good too.   [End]
        • My dog (15 pound poodle) happens to be an angel. I mean th...   Raynbo   4y

My dog (15 pound poodle) happens to be an angel. I mean this literally. He absolutely adores every being he sees and runs up to them to say hello...especially people in wheelchairs (I think because they are down low, closer to his level)and even other dogs that don’t get along with other dogs....but for some reason he chases kitties. He lived with a kitty for many years and they got along OK...but all other kitties...not so much.   [End]
    • You are taking a similar path to the one i took - and then ...   opihikaobob   3y

You are taking a similar path to the one i took - and then i started looking at eastern religons and the idea ”know thy self” that is where you need to start . ... Find a meditation practice that you are drawn to and get started asap . I recommend TM although it is expensive , or Yogananda - read his auto biography. sorry gottto go no time left   [End]
    • Hi, ... There is no need to find a specific RELIGION or be...   blueshell   22mo

Hi, ... There is no need to find a specific RELIGION or belief system, YOU DON’T HAVE TO FEEL SEPARATED FROM THE ESSENCE OF LOVE because you’ll always find it within your heart. Check deeply within youself what is valuable to you, ask yourself what type of actions and responses would bring a state of joy and peace to yourself and your environment. Relax and meditate, belief that you’re one connected with GOD, and trust in Divine Guidance.   [End]
    • I mainly believe that which ever religion we follow there w...   kushy   13mo

I mainly believe that which ever religion we follow there will be same moral values.One have to lead his life satisfactorily,happily and in a right way.I think spiritual guidance should be there for everyone to face and solve problems in life.   [End]
  • God as a Scientist: Ten Commandments.   socrat   4y

God as a Scientist: Ten Commandments. ... ==. ... Can a Rational Individual believe in God ? ... In other words: ... Can God be atheist, governed by scientific laws? ... Of course ... Because if God exists, He/She/It would necessarily ... to work in an Absolute Reference Frame and had set of ... physical and mathematical laws to create everything ... in the Universe. ... If we find and understand this Absolute God’s House then ... is possible step by step to find and understand God’s Physics ... Laws, which Copernicus, Kepler, Newton, Maxwell, Planck, ... Einstein and many others scientists discovered. ... ===. ... Sch ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Spirituality Must be Homegrown to be Effective   #128725   4y

African spirituality has failed to address the main issue confronting Africans worldwide. I see it here it in the Caribbean where I live. I read it on forums where African people post. The underlying theme is one of being ashamed of being African, wanting to distance themselves from being African, wanting to assimilated other people’s religion and ideologies uncritically, and to prove that they are not African per se, but are actually of mixed origin, casting guilt on Africans, while exonerating whites. Most people of African origin have no interest in African history, and resist any attem ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Thank you for pointing out this sad ”development” of the af...   #38782   4y

Thank you for pointing out this sad ”development” of the african psyche after centuries of colonial rule. ... While agreeing with alot of what you have said, the part towards the end where you say....”They also practice a form of Animism behind the scene that does not serve their spiritual advancement, or result in sufficient real social benefits. Oh for a reformation in Africa, the advancement of science, and rationalism. A rational mind is a moral mind.” just does´nt not resonate with me at all. ... Who is to judge that practicing a form of Animism does not advance their spiritual advancement ...   [retrieve this message]
      • In order to clarify what I was saying earlier. I referred ...   #128725   4y

In order to clarify what I was saying earlier. I referred to ’a form of animism’ since it is my understanding that Animism like all other religions has various sects, some more negative than others. I also stated about animism that is practised today ’that does not serve their spiritual advancement, or result in sufficient real social benefits’ It would seem that since Animism is no longer main stream in Africa, what survives has degenerated and can no longer serve the spiritual needs of society. How could it? For any religion to remain relevant it has to keep on redefining itself,reint ...   [retrieve this message]
        • Yes - agree once again with most of what you have replied. ...   #38782   4y

Yes - agree once again with most of what you have replied. ... Most especially .... ”IMO though the old indigenous religious dogmas will need some reworking” ... I see this happening in the hindu ”religion”, even tho there are some fanatics still lurking around unfortunately, and they are the ones who usually get into the news. BTW hinduism is not a religion - its rather a ”way of life” and the name Hindu was termed by some western invader. ... This part tho does´nt (my apologies for being so picky!).... ”What I see as its main failing in the past,is that it was so spirit oriented, yet did not ...   [retrieve this message]
          • Yes we are on the same page.’Unless you mean that had they ...   #128725   4y

Yes we are on the same page.’Unless you mean that had they not been so spirit oriented, they may have been able to resist colonialism ?’ This is exactly what I am saying. ... Most of what we are saying will fall on death ears but maybe, discussions like this will water the seed of reasoning in a few. As long as people recognises the power of myths, then it should follow that societies would begin to very carefully scrutinise what myths they allow into their consciouness. I think that the power of myths to direct thinking, expectations,and experiences should be the focus of everyone who is se ...   [retrieve this message]
    • I can understand your passionate distaste, as from where I ...   TheKyd   4y

I can understand your passionate distaste, as from where I come from it seems that Africa has been obviously pillaged for its cultural richness, eg western music and so on etc. ... The media would have to be the main tool used here as it regurgitates the stolen creativity of others back to the target audience, whilst it may make a passing sarcastic reference to its roots. ... Who knows when this started, but I believe you cant keep a good man down, and our original beliefs and settings are hidden in our DNA and will re-surface, if not in this life time then maybe in our offsprings offspring. ... I ...   [retrieve this message]
  • POLL..which law do you prefer?   been there done that   4y

The CURSE of the law or the BLESSING of the law????...it depends on which law you are observing (the old law of ”commandments and ordinances”/rules OR .....the PERFECT law?). ... ... Ephesians 2:15 ... ”by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances”. ... ... James 1:25 ... ”But he who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty”. ... ... James 2:12 ... ”So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty”. ... ... True understanding of spiritual things (GODLY spiritual, not man’s ”spirituality”) requires a paradigm shift in thinking (different reference point). ... ... Permit m ...   [retrieve this message]
  • use you own mind   trust2009   4y

to grow to your life use your own mind, your energy, first and not names. life begin in you first and flows outward and not from history or schooling or ideas or thearies of others toward you - this indicates we are greedy to grap things of others and not see of ours, you cannot hide yourselves in others name or impossion or laws or identities otherwise you will remain in prison and without love, feeling of yourown. we have to outgrow the dependency of our fixation, the death, to freedom. don’t defeat yourselves. you need refreshing spirit in you, now and ever. just feel, awake, see, think ...   [retrieve this message]
  • -Mahatma Gandhi   rudenski   4y

”I am a Christian and a Hindu and a Muslim and a Jew.” ... -Mahatma Gandhi   [End]
  • What is Christianity, Is it Religion?   The Hunter   4y

Have you ever found yourself saying, ”I hate my life”? How can a person experience true life change? Positive change? ... ... ... By Josh McDowell ... ... I longed to be happy. I wanted to be one of the happiest people in the entire world. I also desired meaning in life. I was looking for answers to the questions: ... ... •”Who am I?” ... •”Why in the world am I here?” ... •”Where am I going?” ... More than that, I also longed to be free. I wanted to be one of the freest people in the whole world. Freedom to me was not simply doing what you want to do -- anyone can do that. Freedom, for me, meant having the power t ...   [retrieve this message]
    • A great model...   InnerCalm   4y

...for victim consciousness. And neediness. Looking for completion from something outside one’s self. A Model of separation. Daddy god syndrome. Dis ease manifest in the consciousness of man as a code virus that cracks and splits that consciousness effectively shunting power away to an outside force. Yes victim hood. ... ... Children introduced to teddy bears cling to them. Adults, the emotionally weak ones, look for things to cling to as well. Some cling to 12 step programs, some cling to drugs or alcohol and some cling to religion. Some cling to money. Some cling to all of the above ...   [retrieve this message]
  • True awareness and love to God, ask youself and you receive...   trust2009   4y

how to be aware and love truly? ... we have to be conscious of spirial suffering - it is what we create by our behaviour, attitude, action, work, duties, laws, justice, ecoonmy - call it what you like ;it is all you doings. ... ... We have to see pain on others as if on us. Then, we will have mercy on other, a drop of tear all into our body, a mercy from God, an awareness, a knowledge of whereabout the pain, wrong action, corruption, sickess. Then, the miracle, results from God comes into life: it opens your eyes onto living God, his creation, its beauty, its joy, love, peace, harmony, strength, ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Religion: Approach with Extreme Caution   rudenski   4y

A Near Death Experience changed my understanding of my own religion. I have read the Jewish and Christian texts and can only conclude that there are two beings called ’God’ in it. One is a brutal murderous being who wants an eye for an eye. He could also be called ’karma.” There is not much give and take with this being. There are universal laws that state that if you give then you will get back... but I met the other being called ’God’ in the Bible but she/he did not even carry that name very well because of the baggage of that name. The other ’God’ is the God who is love. Everyone knows ...   [retrieve this message]
  • God with a little religion   rudenski   4y

God(or whatever name one wants to give to the light)= the sum of all love ... ... asked me personally if I had learned enough about love and the peace part was just an extension of the love... I believe anyone choosing Christianity as the path to love and peace should perhaps do the opposite...by using love and peace to find the tiny bits and pieces of it that are revealed within Christianity to add to that understanding. At the very least, if one’s goal is to follow the guidelines of love and peace, I would say to approach Christianity with ”EXTREME CAUTION,” capitalized for emphasis... but fo ...   [retrieve this message]
    • God without separation   InnerCalm   4y

Good message. ... ... ... When we get locked into a belief and are forced to take it as a whole, we can easily get trapped into cutting our nose off to spite our face. Your notion of aligning with peace etc is a much better approach and bypasses all religions. We can also throw away labels as they become =meaningless. We no longer need to use terms like christian, muslim, etc because they just become tags of separation and juxtapose along with it a fragmentation of spirit into ”us” being separate from ”god.” ... ... ...   [End]
      • You know what you believe when...   seek2clean   4y

a child asks you, ”WHO is God and WHERE is God?” ... ... ”God is EVERYWHERE and EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!” - I told him, when he stopped me on the sidewalk in front of our house twenty years ago, when he was 8. His urgent question made me pause - and sweep the sky with my hand, turning in a circle. ”There is no place where God is not - no space where God is not.” And he GOT IT !!!!! ... ... seek2clean   [End]
        • A wonderful person said that we should seek to love the lov...   rudenski   4y

A wonderful person said that we should seek to love the love in every person and I would add everything.... To me this is God who is love but everything(to me) is not love or God who is love.... I have watched hard things... shook my head at cruelty.... took my own licks too.... but if we can back out of the frame far enough.... we can see behind the curtains to the backstage where we are all the actors... and all is love at that point.... but down here in the trenches... it gets tough sometimes.... ... ... but to be as a child...full of hope... to peak from underneath the covers from the darkn ...   [retrieve this message]
          • I have cause to review that day often - wondering if I woul...   seek2clean   4y

I have cause to review that day often - wondering if I would have given the same answer to an adult. I believe that deep down in everyone is the fundamental concept of God, whether one has heard of God or not. And what a pure concept it must be for the as yet unfound people of the world - those with no axe to grind, no one to convince, no confusion, no question. I am sure that deep in a forest somewhere are folks untouched by census and worldly misery who could tell us a virgin truth about it all. ... ... seek2clean   [End]
            • I know as a child I prayed to a God who loved me but my rel...   rudenski   4y

I know as a child I prayed to a God who loved me but my religion painted a different story. I grew up with a belief that God loved me but that foundational truth was used by my religious leaders... who would add... but God hated [E]vil Muslims, Homosexuals, Communists, Catholics, Liberals, Atheists or even the only slightly less conservative Baptists because they did not believe one had to be baptized to be ’saved.’ I even felt like I might go to hell if I did not agree with everything the teachers said. I had a sense that salvation was dependent on me believing everything they said... It ...   [retrieve this message]
              • Many smelly onion layers later, I had recent conversation w...   seek2clean   4y

Many smelly onion layers later, I had recent conversation with an artist acquaintence - one who is fearful to believe in a loving God. ”HIS stipulations are quite clear”, he challenged when I suggested MERCY may prevail, and that LOVE is not war, hate, fear, guilt, shame, etc. ... The talk ended badly as I left saying only, finally, simply - ”YOU are all about the HELL-fire - GOD is not”. ... My childhood indoctrination is a work in progress - a process to shed one skinny piece at a time. I am glad I gave no more to my children than the generality of the truth that ”God is everyone, and everyw ...   [retrieve this message]
                • One less lineage to have to deal with deprogramming. Good ...   InnerCalm   4y

One less lineage to have to deal with deprogramming. Good work. It ended with me too. Of course it was a rough transition but crystal clear after the bumps.   [End]
                  • Yes, four less folks to muck up the world with fear and unt...   seek2clean   4y

Yes, four less folks to muck up the world with fear and unthinking-ness. And to think there was a time I felt the usual guilt for ”neglecting” to give my children some concrete religious upbringing. They thank me now, and so do their contemporaries who do not have to fear them - they are lovers, not fighters, not abusers, not controllers, not on automatic pilot with a mouth full of bible and a thieves heart. ... ... So in the end the best thing I did as a parent was what I did not do, and as a family HEART is our greatest part. ... ... And I have a bump or two, but am infinitely freer as I move forw ...   [retrieve this message]
                    • I wish you all the best. We need more like you.   InnerCalm   4y

I wish you all the best. We need more like you.   [End]
                      • y tu ! ... ... seek2clean   seek2clean   4y

y tu ! ... ... seek2clean   [End]
                        • I think there are too many individials who live in enternal...   trust2009   4y

I think there are too many individials who live in enternal anger and have not tried to or had not a chance to know the power of deepening inside themselves and stimulating the love that understands from within. they rebel right away at something they don’t understand and want to learn. They want just to hold in their psycho-equilibrium, in control. they hold their bad energy for the mind in order not to know because they feel they cannot do better. they want a bad spirit and life so that they will not feel the bad circumstand. they have to see others too badly hurt before their doomed in ...   [retrieve this message]
                          • ”we don’t want too much evil first before the heart might c...   seek2clean   4y

”we don’t want too much evil first before the heart might change into love. it will be too painful to change then...if it not too late. then the hell comes.” ... ... I have seen the evil repeatedly, been touched by its brutal hands - by every means it tried to slay me, but more importantly tried to sway me to become what I despise. To no avail I say with a righteous pride, after returning from hell’s refinery - still alive! ... Still unwilling to retaliate, no need for an eye’s eye - not when all injustice takes itself down its own slip’n slide ..... and choice is like a muscle - becomes stronger ...   [retrieve this message]
                            • Memory can be a holding patter if you re-tune to it. The k...   InnerCalm   4y

Memory can be a holding patter if you re-tune to it. The key is to tune to something new and imagined and break the bonds of the frozen light of the past.   [End]
                              • Yes, the frozen light began to thaw this morning, as I awak...   seek2clean   4y

Yes, the frozen light began to thaw this morning, as I awakened in a different place than the past 2,000 days. And beyond an address everything has fallen away with nothing left in all areas of life but change, so time to gesso the canvas I would say - and you? ... ... seek2clean   [End]
                                • yes, a new change to the creation forced from true love flo...   trust2009   4y

yes, a new change to the creation forced from true love flowing inside you to free you from the old dead to dead. this is the way how to deal with the beelzibub, or people’s egos in the memory. you have to be born again and again for the poor mind, the devil in prison.   [End]
                                  • Can you flesh that out a bit more? That was actually an in...   InnerCalm   4y

Can you flesh that out a bit more? That was actually an interesting post. I want to see where you go with that.   [End]
                                    • Thank you for asking but first I love it to have it from yo...   trust2009   4y

Thank you for asking but first I love it to have it from your own as it is your journey of your soul to the source of infinate life and love. Nerver defend on other’s to tell or force you what is love because this is in you already - you have just simply to because aware of it. All I can do is refer and exite to it. One needs his true love, the source, not indication and direction to it: there are too many result of that source of life and one cannot love from this results alone wanting them so much. You must have it as well and help others indeed to have it. ... To be free is to be born agai ...   [retrieve this message]
                                      • if you know the truth it will bring you to silence, silence...   trust2009   4y

if you know the truth it will bring you to silence, silence your mounth. but how much silence to your very life in your body and soul and spirit. This truth exites life in you. ... Look around you and you see ugly and you thank God for not being aware of it so you become silence. What has made you exited and aware and loving? Is it that God you prayed to be ignorant and how long we can stand this God? Is it until he kills us and you blame God. Do you know God, now, who is he? Look around you and you will see him - with no fear but awareness and true love. you act, react, aware, and being but ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: God with a little religion   Sagitta   4y

Beautifully said, I have come to exactly the same conclusions through a rigorous study of the Bible, and the history of the church, also the horrible Palestinian Isreali conflict, which serves as a terrible indictment against the Abrahamic religions. I am enjoying these discussions.   [End]
  • Book series of "The Fall of Lucifer"....   #18837   4y

Has anyone on this forum read the 1st two books in the series of seven? The first two came out in the book stores in the religious section and the third book will come out in March in the science fiction section.(at Barns & Noble) I just finished the second one and the books have caused me to rethink some of my beliefs. I read the series of ”Conversations With God” years ago and half way through the 1st. book I set it down and told the Lord, ”I don’t know that I still believe all the doctrines I have been taught over the years but I will always love you and serve you.” The Spirit of th ...   [retrieve this message]
    • ... The origin of Lucifer - His Beauty and Perfection ... ...   refreshed   4y

... The origin of Lucifer - His Beauty and Perfection ... ... Ezekiel 28-- is careful to point out that Lucifer is a created being. He is not eternal, but limited and finite. Before the fall, Lucifer is perfect... intellectually and physically. ... Ez. 28:13 describes the beauty of Lucifer. ”The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created.” ... ... Christian writer Dwight Pentecost wrote: ... ”It was not necessary for Lucifer to learn to play a musical instrument in order to praise God. If you please, he had a built-in pipe organ... Lucifer, because of his beauty ...   [retrieve this message]
      • "The Fall of Lucifer".... a metaphor?   lilpolock   4y

Look, I don’t pretend to know the bible ... but in reading the above post it occurred to me ... that Lucifer was acting very human in his disobedience. ... ... We tend to think we know what is best for us and ... go for it. Sometimes what we think we want isn’t ... at all what we had in mind. ... ... Our own pride and ego blind us. ... ... I think this story of lucifer is just that, a story. ... I think the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of eden ... is a story too. ... ... It’s just someone trying to explain something. ... ... I tend to believe that Ego, and it’s defenses ... create a lot of the suffering in the world. ... That s ...   [retrieve this message]
        • Hey Marj, ... ... Everyone has a choice to believe it’s a ...   refreshed   4y

Hey Marj, ... ... Everyone has a choice to believe it’s a real story or not but I hope you were able to gleam good from it as God would have you do. ... ... The King of Tyre was a real human ruler that flaunted the thoughts and actions of Lucifer or perhaps this may have been an actual case of direct possession by Satan. The King of Tyre may not have actually been Satan but he did not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men…and Ezekiel called him on it. So basically he was working in the flesh instead of walking in the fruits of the Spirit. The works of the flesh concentrates on “I ...   [retrieve this message]
          • To be God loving I want to have eyes that see the suffering...   trust2009   4y

To be God loving I want to have eyes that see the suffering because I have tears and understanding that arrests my crooked action from increasing more pain to others. It is the seeing of facts of bad reality fearlessly that true love is generated in me. Only in this GOd will help us. ... I think luscifer thought himself too nice to be possitive just not to see the bad things - just in order to avoid awareness of the suffering and tears in his eyes. He does not want to be kind and sensitive to the needs of others; he is heartless; and he escapes by looking at nice things he adorned himself wi ...   [retrieve this message]
            • Do you actually think ”lucifer” is a real entity? Or are y...   InnerCalm   4y

Do you actually think ”lucifer” is a real entity? Or are you using this in a metaphorical construct as the shadow side of ”god.” If it is an entity then you have to ask the deeper question, why would the ”god” character allow something he created to cause such harm. It would be like watching your child beat the crap out of all the kids in the village and stand back and say...free will. The responisbility is on the parent. And in the biblical god case, even more so. if you created something and it caused death and destruction, then....reasoning suggests that.......   [End]
          • Re: Mark 8:33, what about Matt 16:22 and Matt 16:16   lilpolock   4y

Jesus had just asked his disciples what people were saying about him. ... ”But who do you say that I am?” ... ... Matt 16:16 ... And Simon Peter answered and said, ”Thou art the Christ, ... the Son of the living God. ... ... Matt 16:22 ... Then Peter took him and began to rebuke him saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. ... ... Christ had just confirmed himself as Son of God to his disciples. Peter could not believe that God would allow any ... thing bad to happen to Him. Peter was operating from the perspective of Ego. Just as Satan, because of his beauty ... let his pride override his service. ...   [retrieve this message]
  • The inner sense is found only in an inner temple.   been there done that   5y

The ”inner sense” (”anointing”,...Godly common sense) will teach us the REAL truth about God (”DEPTHS of God”, 1 Corinthians 2:10). The trouble is that humanity never preferred the objective truth about anything (humanity’s preference is for SUBJECTIVE truth...biased/chosen truth). ... ... There was no actual/true OBJECTIVE reason that Jesus should have been sentenced to crucifixion (officially declared INNOCENT by Pilate and Caesar), but since the people rioted and insisted that Barrabas be set free, Jesus was officially given the death sentence (Jesus died because of that SUBJECTIVITY). ... ... I ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Scientific proof of the existence of God.   socrat   5y

Scientific proof of the existence of God. ... Can God be atheist, governed by scientific laws? ... Have physicists found the God? ... Yes. They have. ... =========.. ... Big bang; Science and Religion. ... =========== ... Once upon a time, 20 billions of years ago, all matter ... (all elementary particles and all quarks and their ... girlfriends- antiparticles and antiquarks, all kinds of ... waves: electromagnetic, gravitational, muons… ... gluons field ….. etc.) – was assembled in a “single point”. ... And after there was a “Big Bang”. ... The scientists wrote very thick books about this theory. ... But nobody wrote the reason ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Still pushing the Big bang huh?? lol! Science has debunked ...   #108005   5y

Still pushing the Big bang huh?? lol! Science has debunked it quite readily but religious types hold it dearly! Nothing better then nice fairy tale!   [End]
      •  You are confusing science, with relious babble.  ...   .Corinthian.   5y

You are confusing science, with relious babble.  The BBT is as solid as ever, and recent data from NASA, ESA has only provided stronger support to an already robust idea. ...   [End]
        • Like I said the religious types hold it dearly! Singularity...   #108005   5y

Like I said the religious types hold it dearly! Singularity is a joke and defies all the laws of physics! ... Besides science has now proven that the sun is not just a gaseous star and is not a fussion engine! The Hubble spacecraft has given us a birds eye view of the universe that we have not seen in the past when all these fairy tale theories where created! ... You stand side by side with the creationists on this one cornithian.............!   [End]
          • You are a joke, and a tragic one at that. All you do is ke...   .Corinthian.   5y

You are a joke, and a tragic one at that. All you do is keep repeating the mantra. Get your head from where the sun don’t shine and find some evidence to your claim.   [End]
            • Yet another new ID and post from a banned member. WM alert...   Dquixote1217   5y

Corinthian has been banned for life from this website.  In spite of that he keeps returning with new IDs to try to force his will upon the rest of us.  In less than two weeks he has already had at least 7 new IDs banned.  The best way to handle him is to ignore his posts and alert the moderators and let them take care of it. ...   [End]
            • Re: Scientific proof of the existence of God.   #108005   5y

You are a joke, and a tragic one at that. All you do is keep repeating the mantra. Get your head from where the sun don’t shine and find some evidence to your claim ... ... ... ... Geesh is that all you have?? Cursing and swearing as a reply! What does it take to prove singularity a false theory? ... ... Just a little physics! It’s quite simple ! ... ... In real physics you cannot get something from nothing! Anyone who believes other wise is religiously motivated!   [End]
              • 108005 says: In real physics you cannot get something from ...   TheObserver   5y

108005 ... ... you said: In real physics you cannot get something from nothing! Anyone who believes other wise is religiously motivated! ... ... Here is a possibility: ... ... Our current understanding of physics MAY be as obsolete as the old view that - the world is flat... ... ... The area of what they call psycho physics - as portrayed as words such as paranoia or conspiracies. ... ... FACT - I have you, and you can personally experience a form of energy which modern science does not "believe" exists. ... ... So in this arena - there is no need for debate - just experimentation of the claims which are ...   [retrieve this message]
                • Thanks for helping me prove my point Observeless! ... A lea...   #108005   5y

Thanks for helping me prove my point Observeless! ... A leap of faith is all one needs to believe in anything, proof is for the realists! ... Fact is the big bang and singularity are the equivalent of the flat earth syndrome , to cling to these ”old” beliefs leaves us in the dark past! Time to move on to higher more enlightened grounds!   [End]
              • Re: Scientific proof of the existence of God.   .Corinthian..   5y

Man you are ignorant.  Please point to the physics paper that mentions you get something from nothing. ... ...   ... ... Something from nothing is what you believen in except you call it magic or  god. ... ...   ... ...   ...   [End]
  • Growth of You as an Energetic Being   puterbaugh   5y

Spiritual growth is the growing awareness of a higher level of consciousness. ... ... A higher level of consciousness brings an expanded view of reality. ... ... The more your view of reality expands, the more you are able to integrate any conflicting issues within yourself. ... ... Why It Matters Today ... ... Spiritual growth has become such an urgent issue today because the frequency of everyone’s consciousness is rising. People may not be aware that they are growing. They may resist it. They may be in denial that today’s great changes affect them. Nevertheless, these are the days of great change, an era c ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Video Embedded The Simple Truth   TheObserver   5y

... ... The Simple Truth   [End]
  • Video Embedded The Answer?   TheObserver   5y

... Someplace....here on CZ, I ran across a chart for different illnesses/conditions and how much Vitamin C it took with each to reach bowel tolerance levels. It was an interesting chart...(Newport, ...   [End]
  • Image Embedded Interesting Birth chart for Jesus   Quinta_Essentia   5y

someone alleges Jesus was born in 4BC and that his birth chart created a massive six pointed star of solomon in the sky. it also creates a massive eaneagram. this configuration only appears once every 40,000,000 years! ... ... ...   [End]
  • No Time for Karma with Paxton   TheObserver   5y

No Time for Karma with Paxton ... I found this video somewhere on the curezone and could not find the link again to thank the poster for it. I was blessed by it and post it here for your benefit. ... ... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8750018244610743513&ei=iIRuSfqDI4OorwK9zpyyBQ&q=Paxton+Robey ... ... ... Take Care ... TheObserver   [End]
  • So, you want to meet GOD   #27214   5y

If you are in an ”concrate jungle”, or in any other unnatural surrounding, take a time to go in a park or better yet, a rainforest. ... When there, listen carefully the sounds around you and after a while you calm down. ... Look around you. What you see is what GOD has done. ... You may hear God’s voice, if only you know what to listen! ... ... I really don’t want to say this, but religion is a ”manmade trap” to control you and take you money! ... ... We are born, we live and we die in GOD’s supervision. ... ... That is all that matters! ... ... Happy life, folks! ... ... ...   [End]
  • Video Embedded The Holographic Transdimentional System You Know As Life   TheObserver   5y

i have a couple of teenagers. i really enjoy talking with them at the dinner hour to find out how their day went etc. i find that on this cleanse i like to prepare and smell food so i made my daug ...   [End]
  • A powerful book to read....   antique   5y

I’m reading a book written by Bill Wiese about his true life experience. It can be found at the library or book store. It is called ”23 Minutes in Hell.” It is not a place I would want to visit. It’s like the worst horror movie you can imagine.   [End]
    • If there is a hell then god is a liar when he says ”you hav...   TheObserver   5y

If there is a hell then god is a liar when he says ”you have free will” ... ... Yes?   [End]
      • My understanding about that is...Let’s say you have a child...   antique   5y

My understanding about that is...Let’s say you have a child and you tell that child that he is not to play with matches and you tell him the reason why. That child chooses to believe you and leaves the matches alone and is safe or he chooses not to believe you and plays with the matches and has to live with the results. The child had free will to make a choice. Free choice is having different options and either making a wise choice or unwise choice. In regards to hell...God did not create hell for humans. Humans go there because they prefer to live their lives without a relationship w ...   [retrieve this message]
        • I feel that was sincere response. thx ... ... God wants no...   TheObserver   5y

I feel that was sincere response. thx ... ... God wants no secrets between us and him. ... ... GOD never said ”the bible is true” ... GOD never said ”go to the preacher to learn” ... ... but he does say ”I am with you even now” ... stick with him to teach you and you will grow. ... Look inside to learn and grow ... stick to ”the bible” and preachers for your answers and you will not grow. ... ... ”truth” all religions have just enough truth to enslave us into this world of duality. ... ... Take care   [End]
  • God speaks on religion   evanluck   6y

"Return to Spirituality.  Forget about religion." That statement is going to anger a lot of people. "People will react to this entire book with anger...unless they do not." Why do You say, forget religion? "Because it is not good for you.  Understand that in order for organized religion to succeed, it has to make people believe that they need it.  In order for people to put their faith in something else, they must first lose faith in themselves.  So the first task of organized religion is to make you lose faith in yourself.  The second task ...   [retrieve this message]
    • reEDITED Overturning the tables of the moneychangers in the...   been there done that   6y

... Mankind has never been prone to ”endure sound doctrine” (the reason for the ”strong delusion” that has been in effect all throughout history), but enough with feeling sorry for OURSELVES that we were betrayed because we were duped by the so called ”spiritual” system of MAN called ’religiosity’, it is the present generations of youth who have inherited ’lies upon lies’. ... ... I dare say that today’s ’free thinkers’ owe the youth of today the OFFER of true understanding about the creator (yet many will still not accept ”sound doctrine”, they will choose to continue to see ”visions” and ”dream ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: God speaks on religion   TheObserver   5y

so true - but being the light in the darkness is NOT easy.   [End]
    • Re: The Hindus have a saying   blubruddah   5y

When we look at another himan being we are looking at the face of God ... (No matter what our personal opinions might be   [End]
      • I like that very much. ... ... Funny you brought it up. Th...   TheObserver   5y

I like that very much. ... ... Funny you brought it up. This is what keeps going through my mind when I am angered by someone. ... ... Like the inner spirit saying ... ... -look to see the beautiful instead of the ugly ... ... -see me (that being God) in them. They are action out of the pain of seperation of me (that being God) ... ... I tell you I sure have to look hard, very hard to see this some times. ...   [End]
  • Big bang; Science and Religion.   socrat   6y

Big bang; Science and Religion. ... =========== ... Once upon a time, 20 billions of years ago, all matter ... (all elementary particles and all quarks and their ... girlfriends- antiparticles and antiquarks, all kinds of ... waves: electromagnetic, gravitational, muons… ... gluons field ….. etc.) – was assembled in a “single point”. ... And after there was a “Big Bang”. ... The scientists wrote very thick books about this theory. ... But nobody wrote the reason of the “Big Bang” because ... nobody knows it. I know the reason. ... The action, when the God compresses all Universe ... into his palm, we have named ” a singul ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Why not remove God as well?   Shambhu   6y

Religions (at least Judaism and its two offspring) have been used down the ages to kill, torture literally hundreds of millions of human beings. Of course, this is a ”by-product” which doesn’t take anything away from the few amazing beings who have expressed themselves seemingly within the dogmas and limitations of those religions. ... The Buddhas and Jesus fo this earth have never belonged to any religion: they are religiousness itself! ... Now, at the heart of these formal religions and outside of them alike, some rare individuals seem to have pushed the boundaries to where understanding canno ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: Why not remove God as well? EDITED.   #27054   6y

You do not have the courage of your convictions,you prefer to stand in the shadows. ... Out of nothing comes nothing, poetical or whatever your choice is. ... ... (((But then, how separate can I (or you) be from my very own Self?))) ... ... Your SELF is your God given ”Human Spirit”, not SEPARATE but PART of your being. ... YOU have the gift of CREATING which all other living creatures do not have. ... Religion is man-made, man kills, not through God but him SELF. ... Those that kill in the name of God are blasphemers for God’s Law is LOVE (the ”Tree of Life”), blasphemers choose the ”Tree of Knowledge” and hav ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: Why not remove God as well?   anonymous1999   6y

There are tremendous assumptions with that argument. Firstly, it assumes a ’pantheistic’ view of God, that is a view which says that everything is God. I like your idea that this inherently equates to atheism, i.e. if God is not separate from material reality, why not just draw the line at material reality and forget about him altogether. An excellent point, but one which proves a counterargument to pantheism in its entirety - pantheism is no theism at all! ... ... However, the alternative to pantheism/atheism asserts that God does exist, quite apart from material reality, just as a composer ex ...   [retrieve this message]
  • TIME. /My opinion/.   socrat   6y

1 its zero time ... changes and limited time appears. In this situation we ... know photon as an electron. Photon works as an electron ... and SRT explains this process. ... d) ... And when , for example, electron emits from an atom and ... interacts with Vacuum all its parameters change. Its limited ... time ends and its own clock shows zero again. Now it lives ... in infinite/ eternal Vacuum until new incarnation, until its new ... work, maybe, in an atom (molecule), or in a cell, maybe, in a blade ... of grass or in a tree, maybe, in an animal or in a person. ... In another words:” We are living beings until Li ...   [retrieve this message]
  • When you take religion out spirituality, you've got somethi...   NMHottie   6y

So many people hold true to their religion and dogma.However, many times it is devoid of God. I turned in my dogma for spirituality and a real connection w/ God. I was brought up Christian and do retain my belief in Christ but I do not allow any church to tell me how to connect w/ God, or the rules and regulations of life. When one is truly connected with their source, the rules and regulations are no longer necessary anyway. One has an inner compass. I attend Unity Church now and love it as it’s very liberal and no set of dogma is crammed down my throat. I feel free. ... ... NMHottie ... ... ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: The worship of any deity is a religion n/m   #58095   6y

Re: The worship of any deity is a religion n/m   [End]
    • Re: When you take religion out spirituality, you've got som...   regularguy50   6y

I agree with both above posts. But what you get when you take away the rules and regualtions is not an organized religion such as Catholicism, Methodist, or eastern religions. ... ... America used to be a hot bed of metaphysical spiritualism in the 1800s. One of the main old age metaphysical precepts was - establish a relationship with God on a personal level. Metaphysicians such as Mary Baker Eddy, Charles Fillmore, and Emma Curtis Hopkins all espoused establishing a relationship with God on a personal level. ... ... Doing away with the rules has a great liberating effect. But one needs to be caref ...   [retrieve this message]
  • My opinion about philosophy of Physics and Religion.   socrat   6y

My opinion about philosophy of Physics and Religion. ... =============.. ... We live in modern scientific world and I think ... / The science will purify the religion of the “dross”./ ... I think the science will prove the truth ... of the religion’s base. ... ... THE GENESIS. ... ... What inhale the Life in formulas and equations? ... What must be present in a body to make it alive? ... =============== ... My answer: ... Soul. quantum of light/electron. ... Why quantum of light/electron? ... 1. ... Because, from all particles, only the quantum of light is a privileged particle. ... Only Light quantum has the speed of an absolute quantit ...   [retrieve this message]
  • God lives within ourselves   jedpink   6y

Religion, the word makes my skin crawl. Religion is the biggest and the most fasted growing disease on our planet. God does not live inside religion, God lives within ourselves. The roots of religion are evil, so many wars just because everyone from different faiths thinks (or knows) that theirs is the right faith, personaly I dont see how we will ever stop a world of hate with each other if we cant get rid of religion. Well it would never happen, after all its been like this for centeries! ... ... One thing that really hurts me - People who are actually really lovely religious people and who a ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Couldn’t agree more.   telluride   6y

Couldn’t agree more.   [End]
    • religion itself is not the real problem   presterjohn64   6y

God is within! Yes....Jesus said ”the kingdom of God is within you” But religion is only part of the problem, religion did not start out w/ a hierarchy where someone ”ordained by God” could give you salvation, a power elite developed, and they want nothing more than to come between you and God. The major religions of the world started out as a body of mystical teachings that helped people directly experience God, and outlined some morals/ethics that people needed at the time b/c of their state of consciousness. But human egos got involved and perverted the teachings so that you now had an ...   [retrieve this message]
      • religion itself is not the real problem?www.zeitgeistmovie....   buttpee   6y

While i agree with the statement...Religion itself is not the real problem... there are a bounty of issues within every religion that are hypocritical...but without giving a dissertation on it.. i think EVERYONE should see ... http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com ... it’s beyond just religion and into politics and fear mongering... also Sam Harris’ book...The end of Faith is undeniable.   [End]
        • religion itself is not the real problem   Sherara   5y

No Religion isn’t the problem. ... The problem is that people mistake religious principles for the truth rather than the fact that they are pointing TO the truth. ... ... A truth so big and amazing that it contains all that is, is not something that can be defined and discussed, labelled or named. It is beyond logical thought. ... ... In the words of Rumi; ... He who tastes knows ... he who explains lies.   [End]
    • Re: God lives within ourselves   pollyann1821   4mo

Awesome words of the truth ....thank you for this...had my spirit shouting!   [End]
  • Daniel's NDE experience and Jesus   #21380   6y

... http://www.near-death.com/rosenblit.html ... ... ... ... Read this link, interesting with some flaws. I would love to know more about Jesus’s youth and his trip to India to learn what he preached. Did he go to Himalayas? Why there? How did he find out about going there? Especially in those days it was hard to get a word around, no mail etc. ... ...   [End]
    • #21380, in answer to your question i found this on a w/s an...   #27054   6y

#21380, in answer to your question i found this on a w/s and it is widely believed and feasible, tomi :- ... ... ... Torbay weblog davecathyMay 28, 2006 at 00:15 o\clock ... THE GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD ... by: davecathy ... ... ... ... Books such as The Da Vinci Code and The Holy Grail are fiction, despite the fact that many people believe them to be far more than that. They are no more than a hypothesis, a proposition, conjecture based on a few ancient documents (which do not all agree with each other), plus a few known facts, added together with a great deal of tradition, and a lot of inventive thinking. ... ...   [retrieve this message]
    • ... ... ”Read this link, interesting with some flaws. I wo...   #76749   6y

... ... ”Read this link, interesting with some flaws. I would love to know ... more about Jesus’s youth and his trip to India to learn what he preached. Did he ... go to Himalayas? Why there? How did he find out about going there? Especially in ... those days it was hard to get a word around, no mail etc.” ... ... In our modern era it is difficult to look at maps of the world from the days ... of Jesus and see any freeways.  But they were there.  There were ... established, safe, trade routes and Judea was the hub of these routes.  ... Anyone travelling from Europe or Asia to Egypt had to go through Judea. ... ... The Si ...   [retrieve this message]
  • GOD and PHYSICS.   socrat   6y

God Without Religion Debate , ... but with physical formulas and laws. ... =========================== ... The people created a God. ... No one knows what the external characteristics ... of this God are, a God who made himself known ... with the name ” I am who I am ”. ... Is it enough for us in the XXIc ? ... Why didn’t the formula E=Mc^2 write in the Bible? ... I explain IT by simple laws and formulas of Physics. ... ============= ... Each religion uses a system of symbols ... (images, metaphors, ancient myths and legends , ... beautiful stories) to explain its truth. ... But Bernard Shaw wisely remarked : ... There is only one re ...   [retrieve this message]
    • The words ’God’, ’soul ’, ’religion’, ... ’dualism of consc...   socrat   6y

The words ’God’, ’soul ’, ’religion’, ... ’dualism of consciousness’, ’human being’ are possible ... to explain with the physical formulas and laws. ... =============== ... THE GENESIS. ... ... 1. ... T = 0K. ... 2. ... C/D=pi , E=Mc^2, R/N=k , h = 0 , i^2=-1 . ... 3. ... h = 1, c=1. ( light quanta). ... 4. ... h = h /2pi , c 1. ... E = hw, e^2 = hca ( electron). ... The Lorentz transformations. ... 5. ... Star formation: ... e- - k - He II - He I - rotating He - thermonuclear reaction: ... a) hw kT ... b) hw = kT ... c) kT hw ... 6. ... p ( proton) ... 7. ... Evolution of interaction: ... a) electromagnetic, ... b) nuclear, ... c) biological. ... 8. ... Laws: ... a) The Law ...   [retrieve this message]
  • read now!!!!   naturehasallcures   7y

SATAN’S UNDERTAKING ... ... ... I believe the masons are the foundation for Satan, it would not surprise me at all if antichrist comes from them. Many presidents are proven masons, George Washington himself was a high degree, supreme mason. Masons consist of high powered political leaders, and people of influence, as well as your everyday neighbor. Now lets not forget where they originated from, Europe. So you can only imagine its roots are still there, yes of high power, yes of high influence, they still dwell in Europe, as well as all over the world, and the leaders of our country today. ... ... In ...   [retrieve this message]
  • god is not religion   #27054   7y

experience god my friends, not religion. ... at its best, religion is ethics. ethics is the general development of self-awareness and is not to be contrived in particular decisions made by particular individuals with particular opportunities in particular circumstances using particular tools. turning contraception and abortion, not to mention evolution, entertainment, and divorce into ethical litmus tests was a colossal overstep religions have no place surviving. ... experiencing god must come from the ’self’,intuitive, from within, the heart, spiritually, where god is without religion, where je ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Amen! Religion is a man made concept. Religion is a bunch o...   blessedandfavored   7y

Amen! Religion is a man made concept. Religion is a bunch of man made ideas that people use to feel close to God. It is unfortunate that people feel that they need religion to feel close to God. Religion is binding people all of the time. Jesus is the way to God. period. I am a Christian who loves God in my mind and in my heart. I walk in love and treat all people kindly and with respect. That is exactly what Jesus would do right? I get so mad when I see people doing hateful things like screaming at homosexuals and scared women entering abortion clinics. Who are they to condem anyone? Non ...   [retrieve this message]
      • totally agree ’blessedandfavored’. in answer to that i woul...   #27054   7y

totally agree ’blessedandfavored’. in answer to that i would say that if people listened only to god’s word, then the world would not be in the mess that it is today. ... the problem is for many of us is to distinguish god, then god’s words, then live by them. ...   [End]
        • ’if people listened only to god’s word,’ ... ... ... Aye,...   Infinitelove   7y

’if people listened only to god’s word,’ ... ... ... Aye, there’s the rub! Deciphering God’s word from the word of those who have set themselves up (or have been elevated to the rank of God by an idol-worshipping humanity that constructs a god in their own image & likeness) as God. ... ... I LOVE God...the God of mercy, compassion, tolerance, forgiveness, forbearance, unity , brotherhood, strength...all things that support and make Life what it is in its essence. ... ... To me, there is no other god.This fearsome, axe-grinding, bottomless-pit throwing, damning god of the Old Testament numbs my mind and hea ...   [retrieve this message]
          • ’religion would be fine if it looked upon a universal god,r...   #27054   7y

’religion would be fine if it looked upon a universal god,regardless of religious, cultural, or political affiliation intended for anyone interested in spiritual growth.’ ... ... i believe that we both are relating to this god, not the god of convenience which enhances fear into the populace. ... ... as in god, jesus has been kicked around some. if your heart is with god then your heart is with jesus, unless you feel that he is not the son of god. tomi.   [End]
  • spiritual/human   treebird   7y

I once had a bumper sticker that said: ... ... ”We are not Human Beings having a Spiritual experience but Spiritual Beings having a Human experience” ... ... We spend our whole lives trying to figure out why we are truly in these bodies and what our purpose is ...... I feel we WILL NEVER find the answer until after our bodies’ death so why waste all the energy in trying to figure it out and in the meantime driving ourselves crazy?? AND another thing that gets me is organized religions --- how can people let other people tell them what’s good for their soul??? .... when the truth comes from within!! ...   [retrieve this message]
  • The Big Wheel   babsbiltmore   8y  C

... The Big Wheel ... ... In September 1960, I woke up one morning with six hungry babies and just 75 cents in my pocket. Their father was gone. The boys ranged from three months to seven years; their sister was two. Their Dad had never been much more than a presence they feared. ... ... Whenever they heard his tires crunch on the gravel driveway they would scramble to hide under their beds. ... ... He did manage to leave $15 a week to buy groceries. ... ... Now that he had decided to leave, there would be no more beatings, but no food either. ... ... If there was a welfare system in effect in southern Indiana at th ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: D- if this is misplaced please re-place in the appropri...   brewspad   8y

This identical story is posted all over the Internet with no discernable source. You have not owned it as your own nor have you identified the person who experienced it. I seriously doubt its authenticity.   [End]
    • excellent post. thank you.Re:hoosier redneck snakes   #19236   8y

Men in indiana are called corrupt irish catholic ’redneck’ hoosier men, because the children are always asking ’whoose’ your daddy, hoos i er, whoose your daddy? We don’t know, the malnourished children of those hoosier mc degenerates cry. ... I asked God to send the flood specifically to some of those mc redneck deadbeat dad filled adulterous backwards indiana towns after what I saw in the irish catholic over run corrupt bad indiana towns. dang. it was not a pretty sight to see the adulterous fornicators of those funky stupid violent backwoods indiana hoosier snake following redneck men and ...   [retrieve this message]
      • . Rutgers University studies found women would rather live ...   babsbiltmore   8y

. Rutgers University studies found women would rather live in a one room apartment alone on meager welfare then live in a mansion with an adulterous woman beating fornicating catholic irish redneck man,?? ... ... Maggie?   [End]
        • This is just hate speach ! This however is politically acce...   Celcius   8y

This is just hate speach ! This however is politically acceptable because its part of the Rockefeller New wave feminist movemment to discredit men demasculate them and disempower them ,there by destroying the american family and making comsumer drones out of women!   [End]
          • Excuse me but why did I get this post? I replied to the v...   deborahnow   8y

Excuse me but why did I get this post? I replied to the video and gave my opinion about this planet. Re-read my post. I wasnt male bashing. Was this just a set up so you can vent your crap? Because attacking me for stating my opinion is profitless BS.   [End]
            • You can give credit to this asinine idea to cross post mess...   Celcius   8y

You can give credit to this asinine idea to cross post messages to forums totally non related to the subject at hand to our brilliant webhamster and the genious think tank he calls the team! lol!! But if you agrre with the crapola of 19237 ond babsbiltsomething then this message applies to you too!   [End]
              • Yeah I figured it out and was busy posting so I couldnt get...   deborahnow   8y

Yeah I figured it out and was busy posting so I couldnt get back to ya to say nevermind. I did read some of those other posts and honestly I have a bit of compassion for those that are zealots--and those that react to them. I would say for everyone to just ease up on themselves and others but hey, like I said, I am in recognition of what planet I’m on. ... ... Compassion and kindness are ridiculed; thinking for oneself is discouraged and barraged with shallow media imagery. Subliminals are still used and most people use NO investigative thinking for their own thoughts, i.e., ”is this really ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: D- if this is misplaced please re-place in the appropri...   lilpolock   7y

Babs ... I found this an awesome and inspiring post! ... Thank you for sharing it. ... Margie   [End]
  • Hi Cauchy! I thought you might have a poem?   #67813   8y  C

Life’s Problems ~author unknown ...           Most of us dream of the day when we won’t have any more problems ... when everything in our lives are resolved ... and our lives are "complete". But it is very unlikely that this will happen, because problems are an important and valuable part of our lives. Instead of trying to eliminate them, we should strive to understand exactly what they are. ... ...   ... We are a part of a universe that is forever giving us definite messages and signals ... often in the form of problems. There are no ac ...   [retrieve this message]
  • What is the purpose of human life?   ecochuck   8y  C

Humans are different than any other animals. Do you know what you are here for? Not by what a religion or a person has told you but by what you know. Does it take someone to tell you that you are happy or do you just know it? ... ... See this webpage which tells all about you and this. ... ... http://www.phifoundation.org/happiness.html   [End]
    • Urine contains SIgA--the kind of antibodies needed to fight...   John Cullison   8y

The only purpose to human life is the purpose each of us humans choose for it for ourselves.   [End]
      • The only purpose to human life is the purpose each of us hu...   Karlin   8y

The only purpose to human life is the purpose each of us humans choose for it for ourselves. ... ... I like that, good one. ... ... ... I also feel that there is no ”given purpose” from on high, being an athiest. Those that do think that may be left without and drive to create meaning in their lives... ... ... It is sort of silly to think we ”need” a purpose to our lives - other animals simply live and reproduce and feed the earth in their own way. The biological side of purpose is evident and obvious [shitting in the woods feeds plant life which gives us oxygen, food, etc.] , though humans have gone away ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: What is the purpose of human life? NONE!!!   jamesmk2003   7y

What if I told you there is no purpose? Why everybody thinks that there is one? Because we are afraid of death, afraid there is no more. We can not accept the reality. We escape to religion.   [End]
      • Perhaps not ”purpose” but ”significance”. And perhaps not ...   #43424   7y

Perhaps not ”purpose” but ”significance”. And perhaps not ”significance” but ”majesty”. For when one is in the presence of a human who is fully integrated, fully ALIVE, it creates in others the desire to BECOME. In seeking that, we’ve coined the term ”purpose”, i.e., a sense of mission, direction, a desire to be more. That dim awareness that we exist at a much lower existence than is possible for a potentialized human. Imagine being smart but sentient enough to know you are a genius. We move about with that nagging sensation that we are SO MUCH MORE. Those that have found a way are ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Car-ma?n/m   #67813   7y
    • Re: What is the purpose of human life?   cnvl   7y

To know and expand the awareness beyond the confines of the body   [End]
      • The same study done with rats which you are speaking of act...   Celcius   7y

”There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.” ... ... Santayana   [End]
        • ... Instead of guessing at all these things, what do you k...   ecochuck   7y

... Instead of guessing at all these things, what do you know? Think about what you know for sure. You like being happy, feeling peaceful, feeling love, feeling contentment and satisfaction. The psychologists have discovered the flow experience where people feel so good that time stops. Imagine that. ... ... ... ... Also you know you do not like not (double negative) feeling love like when someone you loves die. You do not like feeling rejected by someone you love. You do not like feeling scared, anxious or panicked. Isn’t all this true? You do not like feeling depressed. ... ... ... ... How many people k ...   [retrieve this message]
          • Someone else brought up the word ”purpose” and I will conti...   mycatRa   6y

Someone else brought up the word ”purpose” and I will continue on that same thought. Isn’t ”purpose” just made up by the ego? Even happiness and unhappiness are emotions brough about by your thoughts of a given situation. That is still ego talking. So to reach enlightenment and feel the ”being” part of being a human being seems to be the real purpose. To understand life as it would be without an ego. Just a thought (from my ego)   [End]
  • The single most important phto ever taken by mankind!   FirstFastMay06   8y  C

Why fight over religion and worry about such little things in life? Why not make this small life we have the best that we can? I finally asked God to come back into my life recently and such a burden was lifted already. I have drank myself to death over the past 16 years and God is helping me with that, but he gave me the choice to drink or not to drink. Isn’t that a great God? ... ... Look, this video will show you the most important photo that was ever taken by mankind. This is the best picture you will probably ever see of God in your lifetime, enjoy it and don’t let the small things ge ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Hey   #69375   8y

I met this writer when I lived in Santa Fe. My roommate was his editor! ... ... I have not read the book, but intend to!   [End]
  • Ranblings of an searching mind   #70799   8y

This seems like a good place to post something. ... ... God, without religion, eh? that makes a lot of sense, particularly when seen with the light I have gained by realizations in the past 3 months. ... ... What I perceive to be true: ... ... We live, therefore something caused our existence, also we live on a planet, that also had something cause it’s existence, so a mighty being, that is an energy far greater than we can even imagine, caused all creation to occur. That I think covers that pretty well, and if necessary, that energy of creation can be called God, or anything else, I don’t think It minds ...   [retrieve this message]
    • #70799, ... your post is very interesting my friend. I’m go...   #27054   8y

#70799, ... your post is very interesting my friend. I’m going a similar road as you in fact starting this Forum (please I’m not bragging) it was just hearing so much about god and religion and i finding my way to god. 50 years i spent also. ... unfortunately people tried to decimate this forum, they couldn’t separate god and religion.i am trying and succeeding. ... you see my friend most of us wish to live forever and i believe that people who follow religions and meet the requirements that religion demands then they are given SALVATION, ETERNAL LIFE. i think that’s it in a nutshell!! ... who am i to ...   [retrieve this message]
    • A love child   rudenski   8y

If God is love then loving is the best form of worship... Love supercedes all religion... If you are not against love then you are for love...and being for love makes one love’s child...   [End]
      • Interesting thoughts. I am very much ’Of Love’ I worry som...   tonapah   8y

Interesting thoughts. I am very much ’Of Love’ I worry sometimes, as I cannot feel the hatred I see from others about things. I feel horror from terrorist acts, but I do not hate the terrorist, more feel very sorry for them, but more so for their victims. Murders don’t fill me with hatred for them, again, I just feel sorry for them, and more so for their victims. ... ... I am saddened somewhat by the hatred, and ignorance that abounds in American towns all over the country. How is it, that self professed multi denominational Christians can’t express universal love for each other???? Going amo ...   [retrieve this message]
        • I have seen some other Christian forums on the internet (th...   been there done that   8y

I have seen some other Christian forums on the internet (there might not be too many, I don’t know). The general teaching of Christianity is that the bible should provide the ONLY guidelines for being Godly, but the reason I think this forum has, in my opinion, such credibility is that it has the ”prerequisite” (as if it were) of believing that the status quo of med/pharma is insufficient and there must be something BETTER than the STANDARD. The belief that Alternative medicine has something better to offer requires an initial ”step of faith” that a person has to WANT to take (the desire f ...   [retrieve this message]
          • God without religion - not here anyway.   tonapah   8y

The most disturbing thing about this particular forum, now I have read a lot of it, is that christianity is quoted by people far more often than any other belief. For a forum about God WITHOUT religion, why does everyone squawk loudly about the christianity, and the biggest joke, the bible? Wake up folks - that is Religion.   [End]
            • tonapah, ... maybe i can help, and i understand the point y...   #27054   8y

tonapah, ... maybe i can help, and i understand the point you make but let’s put it this way. ... this forum is DEBATING god without religion. it would be rather difficult to debate without the inclusion of religion. that’s maybe the whole point that your making as religious people can debate their beliefs but are kept within the parameters set out for their particular beliefs whereas a non-religious person that believe in god has the freedom to see god anyway they wish without being controlled by religious dogma etc. ... you can call the bible anything you wish that’s your prerogative as it is min ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Re: A love child   #67558   8y

WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST SAY? UMMMM. Stuck in the hippi acid trip from the 70’s?   [End]
    • Religion to keep us sedated? Controllable?   #461   8y

From anything I can decipher about religion, it has nothing to do with god or spirituality. It is pretty much about social control. Make the poor content with their lot, the slaves obedient to their master’s will, etc. After all, their reward is in Heaven, right??? And if they aren’t obedient or content, then, well, says the priests, they don’t go to heaven, instead to hell, a place of eternal torment. Of course, once people could read, the all knowing priests had to back off some, but still they use the guilt tripping and threat of eternal damnation as powerful control tools to keep the ...   [retrieve this message]
  • How can you prove the Bible is the word of God by pointing ...   sans sucre   9y  C

Hi Folks, ... ... Very interesting forum. Recently came upon it and the debating is terrific. ... ... Ok, here is my question. The debate here seems to center (and pls. tell me if I am wrong as I readily admit to knowing little of the Bible) on whether Christianity is the only religion recognized by God, and whether the words in the Bible are in fact the words of God as opposed to man ”saying” they are the words of God. Correct? And if that is the case, if one argues against the Bible actually being the word of God, how can one effectively counter that argument by quoting the very book/words that ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: Question - please help me get this   Tetelestai   9y

”(and pls. tell me if I am wrong as I readily admit to knowing little of the Bible)” ... ... You’re not alone with that, but the others won’t admitt it. I think it’s called arrogance. ... ... ”whether Christianity is the only religion recognized by God” ... ... God does not recognize any religion, He only recognizes His Son. ... ... ”In other words how can you prove the Bible is the word of God by pointing out scriptures that say it is the word of God, as you would be using the very thing in question to try and prove itself? I find it kind of beside the point to be quoting scriptures if the very people you a ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Hi and thanks for replying. ... ... Hmmm. Ok. Well, I ”t...   sans sucre   9y

Hi and thanks for replying. ... ... Hmmm. Ok. Well, I ”think” you are saying that the question of ”how can one argue by using the very thing that is in question” is unanswerable? Or, that it superseeds logic? Is that what you are saying? That may be a big point. Because if one is arguing on ”faith”, it would be impossible to connect on the same level with the person who is arguing with ”logic”. Apples and oranges. So, it just comes to trying to convince the other one that faith is the true litmus test, while the other one believes logic or science is the true litmus test, and thus the 2 ...   [retrieve this message]
        • ”If he only recognizes his son, one must therefore, by defa...   Tetelestai   9y

”If he only recognizes his son, one must therefore, by default, be a member of the only religion that believes in Jesus as God’s only begotten son?” ... ... Not a member of a reliogion, but a member of the Body of Christ. ”In Christ”   [End]
        • ”And, while I am admittedly a skeptic of Chistianity becaus...   mccarty   9y

”And, while I am admittedly a skeptic of Chistianity because it is very important to me to believe that God accepts all, I also know that the idea ”believe and then you will see” has a lot of truth in it.” ... ... I for one appreciate your respectful approach to the subject, first and foremost. ... ... In respect to your question, I think you just answered everything you’re in search of right here. ... ... God does except all of those that believe in Him and ask Him into their heart. To my understanding, at least. ... ... If a person is honest in prayer, and he/she truly believes in Christ and the message He ...   [retrieve this message]
          • Thanks for your thougthful response. I do believe in a res...   sans sucre   9y

Thanks for your thougthful response. I do believe in a respectful approach, unless I am disrespected, regardless of my own beliefs (which, BTW, just for the record, are mixed. Basically consider myself ”spiritual” but not religious. Raised Catholic, but later gravitated towards more of an Eastern philosophy of God as intangible spirit, believe in Karma and that many religions and spiritual paths can lead to the light. Believe strongly strongly strongly (did I say ”strongly”??)against Evangelism. Separation of Churh and State is dear to my heart. Support everyone’s right to worship or ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Well sans you hit the nail on the head and as you can see f...   Thorn   9y

Well sans you hit the nail on the head and as you can see from the response from telelelestia that they wont even consider your question and ever realize how rediculous and nonsensical they’re line of debate sounds to others.   [End]
        • Where circular logic leaves off, faith takes over. Hunters...   Blue Stone   9y

Where circular logic leaves off, faith takes over. Hunters should have such an elaborate trap. ... ... Add to this effective trap a good dose of fear and you can keep the hunted held in place for a longggggggggggggggg time. ... ...   [End]
          • Blue Stone, it seems to me that you are here at this Christ...   califlady   9y

Blue Stone, it seems to me that you are here at this Christian forum merely to express your dislike for Christians and their doctrine. Seems a waste of time, but I suppose the anger needs an outlet. How about starting a Christian bashing forum? ... ... CL   [End]
            • you said ”Blue Stone, it seems to me that you are here at t...   UserX   9y

you said ”Blue Stone, it seems to me that you are here at this Christian forum merely to express your dislike for Christians and their doctrine. Seems a waste of time, but I suppose the anger needs an outlet. How about starting a Christian bashing forum?” ... ... Why, because he expressed the opinion that people are not debating honestly with point and counter point but are using circular logic. I don’t think anyone here wants to start a Christian bashing forum...but do you consider it bashing to question the ideas of the faith? I would consider that the best way to seek God, by using the mind ...   [retrieve this message]
        • Well, at least the answer did not come in the form of a str...   sans sucre   9y

Well, at least the answer did not come in the form of a string of scripture quotes - I hate that! :) :) ... ... But, this really is such a deep and thoughtful subject. One can just take one part of the answer - the proverbial tree in woods question, and think about it in terms of faith, and really turn your brain inide out.   [End]
        • It is not nonsencical to all. There are thousands around t...   califlady   9y

It is not nonsencical to all. There are thousands around the world each day coming into the kingdom of Jesus. One can see in the Bible that some remain blind and others see. That seems to be the way of it. ... ... CL   [End]
          • Well, if you’re going to play into the ”numbers” game, I sh...   John Cullison   9y

Well, if you’re going to play into the ”numbers” game, I should point out that Christianity is not quite keeping up with population growth, whereas Islam is increasing its numbers above population growth and will therefore overtake Christianity sometime this century (unless, say, Christians start lots of wars in the Middle East so that the Islamic population growth goes negative). ... ... Then again, do you suppose Truth cares how many people believe in it? ... ...   [End]
          • What califlady says is right. There are many blind leading ...   #8354   9y

What califlady says is right. There are many blind leading the blind today. Another thing is that Christianity is a matter of the heart and not of the intellect. I do not mean that Christians are not intelligent, but that the utmost importance comes from the heart. ... ... Also, being humble, and seeing yourself as being a sinner in need of forgiveness is right. Pride and envy, impatience, proudness, setting poor examples are things Christians need to strive against. Human nature is such that it is a daily struggle for each and everyone, Christians included. That is why we need forgiveness on a ...   [retrieve this message]
    • A simple answer. ... ... Is the Bible a single source or m...   John Cullison   9y

A simple answer. ... ... Is the Bible a single source or multiple sources? Those who reject the Bible tend to think of it as a single source and, lacking any concrete evidence outside of the Bible, have no problems rejecting it. Christians, on the other hand, view each alleged author of the various books of the Bible as distinct sources, and so each different author corroborates the others. ... ... That’s a starting point for the larger debate, anyway.   [End]
      • Even if you beleived that the bible of today was in its ori...   Thorn   9y

Even if you beleived that the bible of today was in its original form what ever that may be, you are just still only be debating a myth and once again turns this debate forum into a bible school! But I should soon realize that real pertinent issues are not welcome here!   [End]
        • maybe you seek a different forum.   trapper/kcmo   9y

this forum assumes the validity of the bible: ... ... ... ”This debate forum is designated for debate based on bringing valid arguments against certain views and valid arguments pro certain views and opinions based on Bible, Christianity, Christian beliefs, Science, Evolution ...” ... ... to just sit back and call it a myth begs the question and adds nothing constructive to the debate. you are making yourself a redundancy here. ... ... we all have our opinions. i find christianity to be just another false religion, as you have eloquently pointed out at times, and christian beliefs to be anything but bibl ...   [retrieve this message]
          • well you may call cat fighting over scripture debating and ...   Thorn   9y

well you may call cat fighting over scripture debating and confronting real issues can be considered redundant by those afraid to deal with truth! You tried to dictate the parameters of this forum once in the past and chased me away for awhile but i found out that this debate forum contrary to your opposition is open for any debate that is relevent to christianity and yes even its pitfalls ! How can one consider arguing over real issues redundent yet cutting and pasting scripture over and over and over again not redundant! You try to theive my fire here trapper , this has always been my c ...   [retrieve this message]
            • naw, it is not my intention to treat you that way. this fo...   trapper/kcmo   9y

naw, it is not my intention to treat you that way. this forum is too chaotic to be of benefit to anyone. that is why it is distilled down to the depths of is not - is too - is not- is too. but still we try. i found myself with some free time and decided to kill it here, but it wont last long. ... ... but again, this forum does include the bible in the same pantheon as science and evolution, so attacking it because of what it is makes no sense. i think the forum description has changed since the exchange of ours in the past. ... ... you see, at least you have a place here. i do not. i am as re ...   [retrieve this message]
              • Well no one has yet addressed the issue of christian zionis...   Thorn   9y

Well no one has yet addressed the issue of christian zionism and it implications is the only insult I feel to be pounced on for posting it by the fundies is understandable I didnt expect it from the what I call reasonable christians! ... These issues give all of christianity and the jewish community a bad name I would expect them to be even more appauled by these abuses then me! ... Although I dont beleive in the story of jesus I beleive in his spirit and what he is supposed to represent ! I beleive this to be a universal spirit that includes all of existence. I have nothing at all against chri ...   [retrieve this message]
                • you are welcome, thorn. i hope we remain so. ... ... the ...   trapper/kcmo   9y

you are welcome, thorn. i hope we remain so. ... ... the zionists. i was so ignorant for so long i knew nothing but to parrot the line of god and israel that the fundies teach. if they only knew how manipulated they are! the creation of israel in 1948 is the entire backbone of modern christian understanding. it is a manipulation and a lie as best i can tell. and it certainly doesnt fit with my understanding of the bible, which is that it is concerned with creating children of god, not fortelling gloom and doom. jesus said it best when he said an evil and wicked generation seeks a sign. ...   [retrieve this message]
              • I hope you’ll stay around as well trapper...I certainly app...   UserX   9y

I hope you’ll stay around as well trapper...I certainly appreciate your contributions to the discussion and I defiantly don’t revile you for your views. I know what you mean when you say it’s chaotic but people get very excited when they deal with such deeply held beliefs. I for one am always seeking constructive dialog and I hope you would stay help to give this forum that. I particularly liked your recent post about the first Christmas being depicted in China…sadly we didn’t really get to discuss it much because no one, other then myself, responded to it. I always welcome your opinions a ...   [retrieve this message]
                • thank you. ... ... what did you think about my comments re...   trapper/kcmo   9y

thank you. ... ... what did you think about my comments regarding the corraberative aspect of the story regarding jesus’ instructions? i thought that the findings matched quite well with messengers committed to their task and obeying their master, jesus, and the message which he taught.   [End]
                  • You said “what did you think about my comments regarding th...   UserX   9y

You said “what did you think about my comments regarding the corraberative aspect of the story regarding jesus’ instructions?” ... ... I think you make a very good point and the evidence does seem to fit the instructions Jesus gave for carrying the Gospel. My initial thought was…hmmmm 3 wise men? ... ... Is it possible that the 3 wise men where in fact from this area in China and that they followed the signs all the way to Jesus’ birth place? Then upon seeing all that they saw they returned to their home region of China and recorded what they had seen. The idea that they had the wealth to present gi ...   [retrieve this message]
                    • i only glanced at the three wise men when thinking about th...   trapper/kcmo   9y

i only glanced at the three wise men when thinking about this but you have a point. it may very well be that this may have been the home of a decendent of one of these. it would explain the fertile ground found there as well. it is the small things like this that i find so amazing, and it really increases my faith. they are so easily overlooked by the world, and misunderstood.   [End]
          • I saw on PBS that the reason some authors ”made it” into th...   sans sucre   9y

I saw on PBS that the reason some authors ”made it” into the Bible and others did not was based on ”political” reasons. Who was popular, etc. Do you ever wonder about the words of the authors that did not make it in? Or, do you feel that if it had been meant to be, it would have been?   [End]
      • Re: Question - please help me get this   sans sucre   9y

I saw on PBS that the reason some authors ”made it” into the Bible and others did not was based on ”political” reasons. Who was popular, etc. Do you ever wonder about the words of the authors that did not make it in? Or, do you feel that if it had been meant to be, it would have been?   [End]
        • The Apocrypha... In particular, the Nicean Council used po...   John Cullison   9y

The Apocrypha... In particular, the Nicean Council used political might (i.e. coercion) to remove texts from the Bible with votes on whether the attendees considered the book to be ”true”. ... ... Given the history of Christianity and its certainty in the evil of its own members, I hope they’ll forgive me for doubting the integrity of at least some of those who voted then. ... ... The Book of the Secrets of Enoch seems to be a favorite of students of the Apocrypha. Some day, I’m going to have to read it myself.   [End]
        • Very good point sans...excelllent posts all together as wel...   UserX   9y

Very good point sans...excelllent posts all together as well. You don’t have to wonder about what books were rejected because they are still around for you to read and I would say for myself I found them to be quite facinating. Ohh john beat me to it lol ... ...   [End]
          • Here is the Apocrypha for you to read at your own pleasure ...   UserX   9y

Here is the Apocrypha for you to read at your own pleasure ... ... Apocrypha   [End]
            • What califlady says is right. There are many blind leading ...   sans sucre   9y

What califlady says is right. There are many blind leading the blind today. Another thing is that Christianity is a matter of the heart and not of the intellect. I do not mean that Christians are not intelligent, but that the utmost importance comes from the heart. ... ... Also, being humble, and seeing yourself as being a sinner in need of forgiveness is right. Pride and envy, impatience, proudness, setting poor examples are things Christians need to strive against. Human nature is such that it is a daily struggle for each and everyone, Christians included. That is why we need forgiveness on a ...   [retrieve this message]
              • hi sans, ... ... i have read much of what is now called ”t...   finallyfaith   9y

hi sans, ... ... i have read much of what is now called ”the apocrypha” as well as the nag hammadi texts and some of the dead sea scrolls. what impresses me most is that nearly everything that eneded up in the bible has a certain consistency about it, and that many of the other texts are quite different in tone or content. that is not to say i believe that every single word in the bible is exactly what God thinks, becasue i don’t, i just think that that book stands alone. ... ... the book of enoch is very interesting and goes further into the reasons behind the great flood and the corruption of the ...   [retrieve this message]
    • hi, ... ... first off i think you raise some very valid po...   finallyfaith   9y

hi, ... ... first off i think you raise some very valid points and that you argue them very succinctly. ... ... i am happy to give my input, but first want to make perfectly clear two things. ... ... 1. i am a believer in Jesus Christ ... ... 2. i do not agree with much of what passes for Christianity today. ... ... i am a rebel, a freethinker and don’t base my belief system on a book full of dead words, rather i try to base my beliefs both on my faith and my reason. ... ... you said one very profound thing, that faith is necessary and yet it is a gift. exactly. well said. but faith in what? a belief system? no belief ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Conspiracy vs Christianity (ADVICE NEEDED)   #40679   9y

questions for christians who also believe in different conspiracy things out there.... ... There are so many things out there that discuss UFOs (fallen angels), NWO, Religious conspiracy (altered bible, etc), Fake rapture (hollogram), Jesuits, and more. ... Do you have problem with your faith when you read some of those things? ... What do you do to sort out real stuff from disinfo? Can you be a solid Christian and also believe in other things that are out there..? ... I am black and white person, it’s hard for me to blend things, it’s either right or wrong...Please advise on how you deal with the co ...   [retrieve this message]
        • hi, ... ... well i am going to assume you are directing th...   finallyfaith   9y

hi, ... ... well i am going to assume you are directing that question at me since i do have faith in Christ and i also sometimes participate in the conspiracy forum. ... ... to be honest the heart of all conspiracy theories is very simple - people with dark intentions are hording power, lying to us, poisoning us, and they are working behind the scenes to put into place some diabolical plan. the specifics and whos and whats and when and how can be endlessly debated. but the simple fact is that that exactly describes the kingdom of babylon and lucifer as it is portrayed in the bible. the book of revel ...   [retrieve this message]
          • we are to be aware, not ignorant. we are also not to resis...   trapper/kcmo   9y

we are to be aware, not ignorant. we are also not to resist evil when it comes. we have a better hope and redeemer than ourselves. ... ... joseph was warned in a dream to escape with his family to egypt. it was not jesus’ time to die. we each, however, have an appointment.   [End]
        • there are two worlds - the internal one and the external on...   trapper/kcmo   9y

there are two worlds - the internal one and the external one. guess which one is real? it is not the one most people waste their time and effort on. ... ... Matthew 6:21 ... For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. ... ... Luke 6:45 ... A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. ... ... Romans 2:5 ... But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelat ...   [retrieve this message]
        • ”Please advise on how you deal with the conspiracy fringe a...   mccarty   9y

”Please advise on how you deal with the conspiracy fringe and still stay a solid Christian...” ... ... Jesus spent 40 days in the woods being tempted by the devil. Even though He will be the only one to ever pass the test, as we are all sinners here, He did give us plenty of warning that there would be plenty of tests of faith in our own lives along the way in our journey. ... ... There will always be corruption in religion, there will always be those that try to deceive. The important thing for the Christian is to stay loyal to Him and His message of love and hope throughout these trials and tribul ...   [retrieve this message]
          • I’ve never understood this. ... ... If Jesus is God incarn...   John Cullison   9y

I’ve never understood this. ... ... If Jesus is God incarnate, knows it, and can perform miracles, does testing Himself for 40 days really mean anything? ... ... Ask him to try it as not-God sometime -- with no awareness of his divine self, exactly   [End]
            • I’ve never understood this. ... ... If Jesus is God incarn...   trapper/kcmo   9y

” Even though He will be the only one to ever pass the test” ... ... you better be able to pass the test. you aint goin nowhere without following Him. or do you believe man over the word of god?   [End]
              • this forum assumes the validity of the bible: ... ... ......   John Cullison   9y

Could you help a guy out with chapter and verse?   [End]
                • take your pick ... ... ... 1 Corinthians 10:13 ... There ...   trapper/kcmo   9y

take your pick ... ... ... 1 Corinthians 10:13 ... There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. ... 1 Corinthians 10:12-14 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 10 (Whole Chapter) ... Galatians 6:1 ... Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. ... Galatians 6:1-3 (in Context) Galatians 6 (Whole Chapter) ... 1 Thessalon ...   [retrieve this message]
                  • James 1:13 seems to suggest otherwise. ... ... Let no man...   John Cullison   9y

James 1:13 seems to suggest otherwise. ... ... Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil , neither tempteth he any man: (Emphasis added) ... ... If God (Jesus) cannot be tempted with evil, then He really wasn’t doing it as a mortal, was He? He already had a priori   [End]
                    • who said jesus was god when he was tempted? did you notice...   trapper/kcmo   9y

who said jesus was god when he was tempted? did you notice this one: ... ... Hebrews 4:15 ... For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. ... ... ?   [End]
                      • OK, but if Jesus is perfect and cannot sin... ... ... Then...   John Cullison   9y

OK, but if Jesus is perfect and cannot sin... ... ... Then it’s still not an accurate test. ... ... Who demonstrates inner strength better: he who knows the pleasures of the flesh and gives them up, or he who has no idea what he’s missing and remains a virgin? ... ... Then again, maybe that’s what it’s really about. Maybe? ...   [End]
                        • we are down to the crux of it, arent we? ... ... who is it...   trapper/kcmo   9y

we are down to the crux of it, arent we? ... ... who is it that corrupts the innocent? i know who corrupted me - my parents, my church, my school, my peers, my society. and now it is even worse. ... ... but is it knowledge that corrupts? no. it is what we choose to do with it. jesus made a choice in the wilderness. you are living in a fantasy if you think it is not the exact same choice for you and me.   [End]
                          • Here you are, frequenting a site whose basic purpose is to ...   John Cullison   9y

Here you are, frequenting a site whose basic purpose is to show others the way to physical health by giving up the blame game for how poorly The System has treated them and to bear the responsibility for their own part in the choices they made and to create for themselves the health they desire. Has it not occurred to you that the solution to spirituality is no different? ... ... Did they really corrupt you? ... ... Like it or not, trapper, your answer to that question resides entirely within the realm of your free will, and you bear the consequences of your choice. ... ... (Don’t you claim something si ...   [retrieve this message]
                • Good morning, we’re still rolling here, I see. Trapper, tho...   mccarty   9y

Good morning, we’re still rolling here, I see. Trapper, though I’m a Christian I’m not a Biblical expert by any stretch, unfortunately. ... ... But when it comes to John’s question, my best guess is probably that even though God Himself knew that Jesus would pass the test, He still sent Jesus into the woods so that others could see what was needed to fight off temptation? And even though we ourselves are expected to fail at this kind of test that Christ went through, it was the ultimate example/show of guidance as to how we can at least consciously fight off the devil’s temptations if we really ...   [retrieve this message]
          • I’ve never understood this. ... ... If Jesus is God incarn...   trapper/kcmo   9y

” Even though He will be the only one to ever pass the test” ... ... you better be able to pass the test. you aint goin nowhere without following Him. or do you believe man over the word of god?   [End]
            • Thinking for yourself 40679? You do your Father in heaven p...   been there done that   9y

God looks at the heart. There are many people in the world who don’t know how to read. I think that fact is PURPOSELY forgotten (subconsciously ignored) by Christians because modern/traditional Christianity is based on reading (bureaucratic and textual literacy), partisan (based on protocol) and scholarly (based on empiricism). Humanity teaches us to see the merit and demerits (ethical value not simply based on a moral code) of right and wrong as a compromise of necessary evils. God’s way is different. Right is right and wrong is wrong and never the twain shall meet. What was right a thous ...   [retrieve this message]
              • What if one begins doubting scriptural solidity? There is ...   #40679   9y

What if one begins doubting scriptural solidity? There is a lot of literature that has pretty good arguments...how do you know what to believe anymore?? ... ... I posted similar question in Biblical support forum too.   [End]
                • 40679, ... ... my response to that question is that begin ...   finallyfaith   9y

40679, ... ... my response to that question is that begin building faith in the Creator in your heart. the foundation for faith is a relationship with God, hot a relationship with a book. ask God for faith,and He will provide. but not faith in words that may or may not have been correctly copied or may or may not have been fiddled with, faith in the real God living in your heart. if that happens these others questions begin to answer themselves. ... ... faith is not easy, but it is fun and it is an adventure and it is part of the reason we are all here onthis planet. it is easy to believe in God whe ...   [retrieve this message]
                  • Faith & the Word   avgjoe   9y

... Romans 10:17 ...faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. ... ... Constant attention to the Word of God produces faith, especially if we attend to it with an open heart and mind. ... ... Proverbs 4:20-22 encourages us to constantly keep the Word in our hearts and to keep our attention on it. Health is one of the benefits promised. ... ... In Matthew 4:4, Jesus Himself said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." ... ... 2 Timothy 3:16-17(AMP) 16) Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profita ...   [retrieve this message]
                • Re: Thinking for yourself 40679? You do your Father in heav...   been there done that   9y

A good rule of thumb to remember is that,...’the world is backwards’. What that means is that the truth of reality is seen more clearly if we are objective. The human way of understanding anything is SUBJECTIVE (emotional) and we end up taking into account our desires and goals whenever we make a decision or arrive at a solution (sloppy and ineffective decision making). The Lord says that human nature is human folly (foolishness) because of that built-in weakness of being emotional, but we are not to stop being emotional (just not EXCESSIVELY) because that is our finite (mortal) way of LOV ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Re: Question - please help me get this   sans sucre   9y

Faithful, ... ... Frankly, I found your reply excellent and sensible, and I appreciate the time you took to explain your position. ... ... I agree that faith in a belief system is not where it’s at, and sometimes could even be dangerous, depending on the belief system. ... ... And thanks in general for everyone’s welcome to me. I find this whole thing fascinating. Of course, there goes my work now tha I found this forum, lol! It is quite lively.   [End]
    • ”In other words how can you prove the Bible is the word of ...   anonymousjane_01   9y

”In other words how can you prove the Bible is the word of God by pointing out scriptures that say it is the word of God, as you would be using the very thing in question to try and prove itself? ” ... ... The Holy Bible is a historical document that has archaelogical evidence that events in the Bible did happen. Therefore, we Christians who use the Bible as proof of God’s Word are validated for using it. A better question would be ”Why does an atheist use the bible to disprove it if they don’t believe in it anyway”. Most of the time they don’t read what they are challenging and the debate seem ...   [retrieve this message]
      • ”In other words how can you prove the Bible is the word of ...   sans sucre   9y

”In other words how can you prove the Bible is the word of God by pointing out scriptures that say it is the word of God, as you would be using the very thing in question to try and prove itself? ” ... ... The Holy Bible is a historical document that has archaelogical evidence that events in the Bible did happen. Therefore, we Christians who use the Bible as proof of God’s Word are validated for using it. A better question would be ”Why does an atheist use the bible to disprove it if they don’t believe in it anyway”. Most of the time they don’t read what they are challenging and the debate seem ...   [retrieve this message]
      • You said “The Holy Bible is a historical document that has ...   UserX   9y

You said “The Holy Bible is a historical document that has archaelogical evidence that events in the Bible did happen.” ... ... Yes there is evidence that biblical writings are based in real events and there are also biblical events which are completely contradicted by the archeological evidence as well. There are also many other religions that have their events supported by archeological evidence too. ... ... Sans said “Why does an atheist use the bible to disprove it if they don’t believe in it anyway” ... ... It is the whole house of cards idea. If you can show that there are any mistakes, errors or o ...   [retrieve this message]
        • hi dark, ... ... i have two things to say about your post....   finallyfaith   9y

hi dark, ... ... i have two things to say about your post. one is that i participate in many forums on curezone and have only been personally attacked and insulted inthe christian debate forum by christians. odd. when were you attacked personally? ... ... as far as john goes Jesus clearly states in mattew 11:13 that the baptist is the reincarnation of elijah. ... ... ”for all the prophets and the law prophesied until john. and if you will recieve it, this is elijah which was to come.” ... ...   [End]
          • you said ”i have two things to say about your post. one is ...   UserX   9y

you said ”i have two things to say about your post. one is that i participate in many forums on curezone and have only been personally attacked and insulted inthe christian debate forum by christians. odd. when were you attacked personally?” ... ... It’s very unfortunate how much religious discussions can stir up some of the worst reactions in people and my experience has been the same as yours...this is the only forum in which I was directly attacked. It was a short time ago in which I posted the comparison between Buddhism and Christianity in order to make the statement that maybe people just ...   [retrieve this message]
          • The reincarnation of Elijah? Jesus didn’t use those words. ...   avgjoe   9y

The reincarnation of Elijah? Jesus didn’t use those words. In John 1:21, John denied that he was Elijah. Gabriel’s announcement was that John would come "in the spirit and power" of Elijah (Luke 1:17). It was never meant that the literal Elijah would return to this earth. The prophecy came to pass just as it was stated.  ...   [End]
      • A better question would be ”Why does an atheist use the bib...   John Cullison   9y

A better question would be ”Why does an atheist use the bible to disprove it if they don’t believe in it anyway”. ... ... What does a challenger’s belief or not in the Bible have to do with anything? ... ... ... A challenger of the Bible uses the Bible to challenge the Bible because, if you want to study something to ascertain the truth or falsity of it, you don’t do so by reading something else! And when the challenger rightly points out that the Bible itself contains quite a few inaccuracies, inconsistencies, and outright contradictions, without even considering the validity of the various stories ...   [retrieve this message]
      • Yes, it helps very much. I do see where you are coming fro...   sans sucre   9y

Yes, it helps very much. I do see where you are coming from and indeed there is a lot in the Bible that is known to be fact, and yes, one can point to these facts to validate the whole (Bible). I believe the athiest uses the Bible to point out what he sees as inconsistencies within its parts, thus bringing the validity of the whole into question. To me, that also makes sense. ... ... But, in my mind, Christ’s arrival as proof of the Bible’s prophesy of Christ’s arrival is flawed. My understanding is that God promised mankind a saviour, but did not specifically say it was Jesus Christ. Thus ...   [retrieve this message]
        • ”My understanding is that God promised mankind a saviour, b...   anonymousjane_01   9y

”My understanding is that God promised mankind a saviour, but did not specifically say it was Jesus Christ. Thus that prophesy cannot be proven to have come true.” ... ... Matthew 17:5-8 ... 5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. ... 6And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. ... 7And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. ... 8And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only. ... ... Jesu ...   [retrieve this message]
          • Please show me some prophecies that Jesus fulfilled. Matth...   John Cullison   9y

Please show me some prophecies that Jesus fulfilled. Matthew in particular had a very vivid imagination in what exactly was a prophecy, and how Jesus is alleged to have fulfilled them is quite amusing. ... ... Consider, for example, Matthew 2:5-6, wherein Herod asks the chief priests and the scribes for the birthplace of the savior -- ... ... 5: And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, ... ... 6: And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. ... ... ...   [retrieve this message]
            • i had to own up to and take control of my own choices, just...   trapper/kcmo   9y

i havent checked the hebrew, but i dont see your point. read the whole chapter. it all fits in my mind.   [End]
              • You’re going to have to be more specific. I don’t see the ...   John Cullison   9y

You’re going to have to be more specific. I don’t see the correlation in Micah chapter 5 versus Matthew chapter 2, but I don’t have access to an interpreted Hebrew Old Testament (nor, for that matter, do I speak or read any variant of Hebrew). ... ... [Edit: My point is, Herod was allegedly told to find the savior in the town of Bethlehem, because of prophecy that instead said that a ruler of Israel (which may or may not refer to the messiah) would be a descendent of Bethlehem. It’s not exactly a genuine match. Further, Matthew’s record of the prophecy is simply wrong. There was no mention ...   [retrieve this message]
            • No takers? ... ... Try 1 Samuel 16:18, coupled with Matthe...   John Cullison   9y

No takers? ... ... Try 1 Samuel 16:18, coupled with Matthew 1:5 and Luke 3:32 (ignoring the obvious discrepency between the geneology between Joseph and David between the two books, plus the fact that Joseph had nothing to do with the DNA of Jesus). ... ...   [End]
    • Journey to the "depths of God" (1 Corinthians 2:10).   been there done that   8y

The INSTITUTIONS of Christianity teach that our devotion should be based on the fact that God chose us, but some of us who ”carry a flame” in our hearts for our true heritage, have developed the strongest courage on earth,...to explore knowledge in pursuit of the proverbial ”Holy Grail” because our minds control our hearts (Romans 12:2, ”...be transformed by the renewal of your mind”) and our devotion is based on the fact that we chose Him. ... ... For countless years, the traditional teachings of the institutions have taught that God is an ICON that we should sware allegiance to in order to be ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: How can you prove the Bible is the word of God by point...   ADDTOP   31mo

Sorry to say to those who believe that the Bible are in fact the words of God, well it is not. In the Bible there is a word of unbeliever, angel, animals, believer, satan etc.In fact, the word Bible means, it is a compilation/collection of a books. I think we must fully understand that the words of God are WRITTEN in the Bible. Try to read more the Bible. I hope that may God open your heart to understand his words that is in the Bible. ... ... Thanks be to God, ... ADDTOP   [End]
  • Einstein on Religion   #3922   10y

”A man’s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, ... education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would ... indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment ... and hope of reward after death.”   [End]
  • definitions   #18626   10y

There are several definitions of religion. Before a discussion can take place one must define terms and everyone must agree to use them identically or we are talking about several different things. A muslim and a Christian may use the word God, but if He is not at least 2 different beings, then at least he is understood in a radically different way by two different adherents.   [End]
  • We can have God without religion   treet   10y

Sorry I not saying god is religion ! Im saying believing and worshiping and promoting your god is religion! I suppose if there was a god unknown to me I would still not have religion ! But promoting your beliefs even if it is a god that no one knows it is still religion! I also nust stress that promoting a theology of any kind is religion promoting the bible in any fashon is religion ! Epistimolgical or not!   [End]
    • You are right the name of this forum is totally oxymoronic!...   Grog   10y

Are you saying Christianity is not a religion?   [End]
      • It depends on the definition of religion. Defined as that ...   krupaclassy   10y

It depends on the definition of religion. Defined as that act of believing then you could say christianity is religion. But defined as a sociological structure then, no Christianity is not religion. Christianity is simple the belief that Jesus is the Christ, the son of God. There really are no guidelines other than that!!   [End]
      • As defined by whom. Christians were first identified in the...   #18626   10y

As defined by whom. Christians were first identified in the NT as followers of Jesus. A religion is a human institution. Sociologically, Christianity is a relgion. From a New Testament point of view, Chrisitanity is not a religion but a relationship with God through Christ.   [End]
        • When it crosses the line to the metaphysical! Or ... when i...   Grog   10y

Christianity is not religion? That it is pure dogma! Irrational and beyond any definition of the word religion! A relationship with god is exactly what religion is!   [End]
          • Hmm, different disaplines perhaps?   krupaclassy   10y

The definition as surmissed by sociology, as soft science, has religion as a more concrete social/cultural structure. Which means the side of personal beleifs is not included because that is considered biased, and that skews scientific definitions and results. But on the personal side a persons beliefs could very well be seen as a religion. Even if a ”religion” isn’t followed. I suspect religion would be defined differently in psychology as well! ... ... Perhaps trying to view anothers veiwpoint from both sides would help. The personal is as relevent as the sociological, and visa versa!!   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: We can have God without religion   jj7   10y

100% agree with you! Jesus Christ is the only way, truth and life. Jesus came to earth to redeem our sins and saves us from eternal death. Believe in His salvation is totaly different from becoming a religious person. ... ...   [End]
      • 100% agree with you! Jesus Christ is the only way, truth an...   Grog   10y

Thats debatable!What you just described sounds very religious!   [End]
      • Instead of religious, perhaps a person of faith is better! ...   krupaclassy   10y

Instead of religious, perhaps a person of faith is better! It is possible to be religious without faith. But it is not possible to truly beleive without faith. But then the whole point is to beleive in Christ, isn’t it! :D God bless!!   [End]
        • depends on how you view christ *smile*   Dreamz   10y
        • Re: We can have God without religion   jj7   10y

The best tool for understanding where someone is coming from is in knowing where they learned what they learned. That’s why I don’t hide the fact that my knowledge/understandings come from catholic teachings. ... ... A really good question for you, you insist that any belief in a deity is religion, period. So why is it you cry out against the organised religion referances and not the personal beleifs? If religion is the contention then isn’t any experesion of belief in God unworthy of meantioning?   [End]
      • As defined by whom. Christians were first identified in the...   #18626   10y

Good concept, sloppy language. Jesus came to redeem PEOPLE from the penalty of sin is what I think you meant.   [End]

lol! And this is not religious dogma! lol! Man what planet am I on?   [End]
          • different def of dogma perhaps!   krupaclassy   10y

Perhaps you have a different view of what dogma is. I know I’ve said it elsewhere, but dogma as I was always taught is religious rules that are NOT bible based. Jesus said that he came to save people and take away their sins. Therefore it would be considered doctrine. If there is another view of dogma, I’d be interested to hear it! (Curious as always! :D)   [End]
            • wikapedia! ... Dogma (the plural is either dogmata or dogm...   Grog   10y

wikapedia! ... Dogma (the plural is either dogmata or dogmas) is belief or doctrine held by a religion or any kind of organization to be authoritative and/or beyond question. Evidence, analysis, or established fact may or may not be adduced, depending upon usage. ... ...   [End]
              • Definately not the way the catholic church uses dogma. Dog...   krupaclassy   10y

Definately not the way the catholic church uses dogma. Dogma and doctrine are two seperate things to show the difference between what God said and what man said. I don’t know if it was always that way, but it is the way I was taught. So, using that def. of dogma, a forum without dogmatic religion would be a forum where views, rules not coming directly from God would not be accepted. A good example, I wouldn’t push eat fish on friday or be a heathen! (Hehehehe) That puts things from human to divine, not easier but a little bit more defined.   [End]
                • Definately not the way the catholic church uses dogma. Dog...   Grog   10y

lol! so how much more religion are you not going to bring imto this lost and misguided forum! lol!   [End]
                  • The best tool for understanding where someone is coming fro...   krupaclassy   10y

The best tool for understanding where someone is coming from is in knowing where they learned what they learned. That’s why I don’t hide the fact that my knowledge/understandings come from catholic teachings. ... ... A really good question for you, you insist that any belief in a deity is religion, period. So why is it you cry out against the organised religion referances and not the personal beleifs? If religion is the contention then isn’t any experesion of belief in God unworthy of meantioning?   [End]
  • Definitions???   krupaclassy   10y

Wow, it seems that we are all thinking of the same things but with different definitions. So perhaps personal viewpoints would help lots. I’ll say upfront that my definitons have to do with learned knowledge and personal experiences. ... ... Okay, here goes. Religion is the organised, hierarchial societital structure that is seen throughout societies. It’s the definate rules and opinons/theroies of a particular group. Other’s follow those rules and try to live within them. Going from my experience from growing up Catholic, religion is manmade dogma. It’s political and ever changeing and c ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Wow, it seems that we are all thinking of the same things b...   beej   10y

It seems to me that the name of this forum is made an oxymoron, because when a person talks about their God, they are automatically stereotyped to a religion.   [End]
      • Okay, how is it that that happens? I guess I should ask, h...   krupaclassy   10y

Okay, how is it that that happens? I guess I should ask, how do you define religion? My definition in societal based, I studied sociology incase I hadn’t said so before. Another definition I’ve heard is any type of worship of a supreme being. So what’s yours? Knowing these things will help ease hurts from unintended slights.   [End]
        • I’m not sure Buddhism would fall under the category of reli...   been there done that   10y

I’m not sure Buddhism would fall under the category of religion because, as I understand, Buddhism has no (diety) God, so,.. ... ... Structured observance of spirituality? ... Philosophical Orientation? ... ... The definition seems so subjective that it probably should be specified beforehand what exactly is being referred to. If it is a diety that is going to be worshipped, it would be a,... ... ... System of piety? ... ... ”Pietism” was a movement in the 17th century in Germany similar to the goal of this forum, but the word ”pious” is used in scripture referring to the Pharisees praying in public, so the ref ...   [retrieve this message]
          • My personal/mental referance to those like the pharisees is...   krupaclassy   10y

My personal/mental referance to those like the pharisees is ”me so holy”. I try hard to not be self riteous, though I don’t always keep from it. A good excuse is human nature. ... ... So, is it possible to worship a supreme deity without the social structure of religion? Is there a way to be a believer and worshipper and still involve that into your life without religion? My personal quetion is, why does religion have to be so hurtful? Must politics and the search for ”power” always corrupt what is good and pure and wonderful? How did the church, ”the Way” by the apostles choice of nam ...   [retrieve this message]
            • There should be nothing ”hurtful” about religion. The defin...   #30230   10y

There should be nothing ”hurtful” about religion. The definition of religion has been twisted and perverted by man to mean something it truly does not mean. Instead of trying to understand ”mans” views we should look up and define Gods views. Isn’t that why we have the bible in the first place? According to the bible all scripture is given for instruction and reproof. ... ... The bible tells us that there will be a falling away in 2 Thes 2:3. For the most part the ”church” has been falling away from the truth for a long, long time. There are ”true” churches out there but there’s not many and t ...   [retrieve this message]
              • Religion is the devotion or worship of an ultimate reality ...   Grog   10y

Religion is the devotion or worship of an ultimate reality or diety! God is the ultimate reality or diety! God without religion is a contradiction in terms! So why are we here? And who we are defined in god is religion! Those who may now say well what about a religion with out god that would be a contradiction in terms is wrong and one of them is called Buddhism! A religion that has been around for thousands of years ! Grog   [End]
              • new q   krupaclassy   10y

So should it therefore follow that we who see the way religion should be try to change what it has become? In other words, shouldn’t those who know God’s love be willing to share God’s love?   [End]
                • A good guide is what Jesus said, ”whatsoever you do unto th...   Grog   10y

Not at all. Thats up to you! But thats not the issue.I posted a definition and I stand behind it. Im saying you can’t have god without religion! Promoting your god is religion!   [End]
                  • I guess a better way of saying what I didn’t say well is, d...   krupaclassy   10y

I guess a better way of saying what I didn’t say well is, does the definition of religion include practice? My opinon is, no. But then I see religion as societal. I’ll need to think on the idea of God is religion. It’s a new paradigm for me!   [End]
                    • Sorry I not saying god is religion ! Im saying believing an...   Grog   10y

Sorry I not saying god is religion ! Im saying believing and worshiping and promoting your god is religion! I suppose if there was a god unknown to me I would still not have religion ! But promoting your beliefs even if it is a god that no one knows it is still religion! I also nust stress that promoting a theology of any kind is religion promoting the bible in any fashon is religion ! Epistimolgical or not!   [End]
                      • You are right the name of this forum is totally oxymoronic!...   krupaclassy   10y

Please tell me what epistimological means! (I always new my relig. ed was lacking, but geez!)   [End]
                        • Krupaclassy   AYEHASHERAYEH   10y

There is a google search bar at the top of the page where you can type in the word epistimological and even with that misspelling it will probably ask something like ”do you mean epistemological” then you can immediately look up the definition yourself without waiting several hours for a response. ... ... Hope that helps.   [End]
                        • Re: e pis te mol o gy   Grog   10y

e·pis·te·mol·o·gy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pst-ml-j) ... n. ... The branch of philosophy that studies the nature of knowledge, its presuppositions and foundations, and its extent and validity. ... ... ... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... [Greek epistm, knowledge (from epistasthai, epist-, to understand : epi-, epi- + histasthai, middle voice of histanai, to place, determine; see st- in Indo-European Roots) + -logy.] ... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... e·piste·mo·logi·cal (-m-lj-kl) adj. ... e·piste·mo· ...   [retrieve this message]
                          • e·pis·te·mol·o·gy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pst-ml-j) ...   krupaclassy   10y

In otherwords, it’s asking how do you know what you know. Okay, how do you study it! I’m assuming that it is something that is looked into by theorists, theologists and other individuals.   [End]
                            • Nope. Everyone has an epistomological base, whether they st...   #18626   10y

Nope. Everyone has an epistomological base, whether they study or understand it. How do you know God exists? Experience (I was born again, He healed me, I met Him, etc) faith, General Revelation (the physical world), special revelation (the Bible), etc. etc. ... The second issue is authority. What do you accept as ultimate authority upon which you base your knowledge, the scientific methog, revelation, intuition, experience, etc. etc. ... Big subjects, hard to discuss on a bulletin board, hard even face to face.   [End]
      • Re: Definitions???   Grog   10y

You are right the name of this forum is totally oxymoronic! That was my contentions from the very beginning! Not at all for the reasons you gave above, but simply because it is, by any real definition! I think these two forums were thrown out here on a whim and will eventually fade away once this realization stares you in the face long enough!   [End]
        • Perhaps it is BECAUSE of this oxymoron that these forums wi...   krupaclassy   10y

Perhaps it is BECAUSE of this oxymoron that these forums will flourish! I think there are many of us who are disenchanted with the ways of modern religion! Have a place to debate it, or discuss, helps in more than a few ways!   [End]
          • I guess thats my point just what is this debate about? It s...   Grog   10y

I guess thats my point just what is this debate about? It seems the support forum of the same name might be a place where anyone can claim ”their truth” and not be challenged ! You can claim a hunk of concrete is god but you have no fear of being challenged! In this forum I have a right to say prove it! I have a right to say you are wrong, then you can say prove it,then you can say you’re wrong, on into infinity! So if we all have or own god and we all have our own definitions of religion how does a real debate take place! We can argue over definitions but whose definition is valid? Do we ...   [retrieve this message]
            • Pwehaps this question would be a good start, Where did you ...   krupaclassy   10y

Pwehaps this question would be a good start, Where did you get your ”definition” of religion from? And why does it seem right? ... ... I’ll start. I was 1st taught that there was faith and then there was church. Faith was believeing and church was rules and man made mumbo jumbo. (I was a child at the time) In my teen yrs I didn’t necessarily see a connectio between HOW I believed and WHAT I believed. In college I took sociology, as mentioned before, and in studying it noticed a firm sociological set up that is religion. The faith, or belief if you will, stood seperate from that organised s ...   [retrieve this message]
              • Pwehaps this question would be a good start, Where did you ...   Grog   10y

Pwehaps this question would be a good start, Where did you get your ”definition” of religion from? And why does it seem right? ... ... I’ll start. I was 1st taught that there was faith and then there was church. Faith was believeing and church was rules and man made mumbo jumbo. (I was a child at the time) In my teen yrs I didn’t necessarily see a connectio between HOW I believed and WHAT I believed. In college I took sociology, as mentioned before, and in studying it noticed a firm sociological set up that is religion. The faith, or belief if you will, stood seperate from that organised s ...   [retrieve this message]
                • Okay, but WHY does it fit your own beliefs?! n/m   krupaclassy   10y
                  • Truth reason and common sense. If we are to use the certain...   Grog   10y

Truth reason and common sense. If we are to use the certain words to describe or define certain things we just cant arbitralily discard thier meanings to make them fit your beliefs or your definition of a word! You cant promote your version of an established religion and tell me its not religion!   [End]
                    • Still not sure I follow.   krupaclassy   10y

I still don’t completely follow your reasoning yet. I guess a good question is why does belief equal religion? (outside of the dictionary definition that is) How is it that you see faith, belief and religion as one in the same?   [End]
                      • Nope. Everyone has an epistomological base, whether they st...   Grog   10y

Think the strongest clue to what religion is is the claim to a supreme being or a claim to the ultimate reality! and the dogma that accompanies it!   [End]
                        • So by act of beleiving it is therefore a religion? Belief ...   krupaclassy   10y

So by act of beleiving it is therefore a religion? Belief is the acceptin of something as true, and faith is the belief is what cannot be proven (especially scientifically). I don’t see how that equals religion! It’s not something I’m wrapping my mind around at all.   [End]
                          • So by act of beleiving it is therefore a religion? Belief ...   Grog   10y

Seems like you answered your own question! Another words yes! That is your religion and to say that it is the only way is dogma! ...   [End]
                            • Now I'm confused   krupaclassy   10y

I understand the insistance of one way as being dogma. The important thing is the what, not the how. I still don’t see the connection of belief being religion. Any ideas of how that connection is made??   [End]

When it crosses the line to the metaphysical! Or ... when it relies on mystical unprovable text! ... ©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°© ... ... When it crosses the line to metaphysical! Or ... when it relies on mystical unprovable text!   [End]
                                • Aha!   krupaclassy   10y

Then a better definition, for confused persons like me, would be faith is religion! I was taught that faith is believing in what cannot be proven. Therefore that could fall as a general definition of religion. That’s why any religion, whether one god or seventy, is seen in the same light. There is faith in the unprovable divinity. That’s across the board! Right?   [End]
    • Re: Definitions???   #18626   10y

To exclude God from religion is ridiculous. God partners with people with all kinds of mistaken beliefs and practices, inside and outside the structure. He has his people everywhere.   [End]
  • Religion without God?   #2002   10y

The problem with religion is God. People mistakenly try to define God and the path to God (as if only they know), and are willing to debate and even go to war against eachother for their conflicting views. ... ... Religion is a natural instinct of humans, we feel drawn to re-attach to nature and the cosmos. The word religion even means re-attachment, as if we were originally whole, but then somehow became detached, and now we are trying to find our way back again. ... ... What are we un-attached from? Everybody says ”God”, but that is just a placeholder name for something we have no understanding ...   [retrieve this message]
    • The problem with religion is God. People mistakenly try to...   krupaclassy   10y

I admit it, you’ve stumped me. How about a new question, it might unstump me who knows! What is religion without God? I mean if you take out God completely, what is religion?   [End]
      • Re: Religion without God?...Philosophy?...   been there done that   10y

Lifestyle Orientation? ... ... Can religion exist without a diety???   [End]
        • Religion   #30230   10y

(Jam 1:27) Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. ... ...   [End]
          • A good guide is what Jesus said, ”whatsoever you do unto th...   krupaclassy   10y

A good guide is what Jesus said, ”whatsoever you do unto the least of these brethren, that you do unto me.” (If you can show me where it is that would be fantastic, I can’t find it!) That means that religion is doing good unto those in need and in pain. Or, being Christlike.   [End]
    • Re: Religion without God?   Goatkeeper   13mo

The early twentieth century Syndicalist, Georges Sorell, suggested that a godless religion of the State could be created by combining democracy and tyranny. Both FDR and Stalin used this approach. What makes this approach work, is the tension between the rights quaranteed by the constitution and how government worked in practice. The individual could only accept both simultaniously by regressing into the magical world of an infant. As Philo Judeus pointed out, the individual has direct experience of the spiritual at either the level of the adult or of the infant but not at the level ...   [retrieve this message]
      • ’ the unborn work in the psyche of the artist is a force of...   trust2009   13mo

’ the unborn work in the psyche of the artist is a force of nature that achieves its end either with tyrannical might or with the subtle cunning of nature herself, quite regardless of the personal fate of the man who is its vehichle’ addition by joseph Campbell Jung. ... so it say that there is a creative process forcing us to it and this can be the tension/negative law of attraction, awareness out of not real love, deliberately induced to created things against the regression of unborn work yet the tension blocks the creative work in each of us for their sake to invent for us, tech, to be us ...   [retrieve this message]
  • The Present and Living God is Here Now in the Flesh and He ...   rokybird   10y

Lots of people have seen him in the flesh and experienced his transmission of divine grace, which is blissful beyond anything you can imagine. Why is everybody here looking for a dead god? I have allready posted everything you need to know.   [End]
  • The soul and the body - two separate beings?   chrissy11   10y

Some thoughts that I’ve have been knocking around: as Socrates made the very logical point that things that originate from our soul, goodness, virtue, wisdom, cannot be seen, is it not possible that this thing, the soul, exists but cannot be seen? Taking it a bit further, could our ”soul” be a being that each body possesses, like (excuse the crude comparison, I do not mean it as an insult) a parasite and our bodies the hosts? Through doing good we ”feed” this soul and it grows. By ignoring the quiet call of the soul to do good we starve this being and it shrivels and withers? Going even f ...   [retrieve this message]
    • That is a great thought for the guy who got drunk and on hi...   swing71   10y

That is a great thought for the guy who got drunk and on his way home missed the curve and was thrown out and killed in a one car rollover. God doesn’t care how or when we die. Only how we live. Some people are taken early in life to fulfill eaternal callings in heaven and some peoples lives are preserved to fulfill calling here on earth. I gain consolation knowing that if the person lived a good life here on earth he or she is in a good place in heaven.   [End]
      • Since this is the debate forum...   chrissy11   10y

I agree with your quote, ”As we go through lifes experiences and we deal with them in a way that would please God, Our soul gets stronger. When we die our spirit leaves our body so our body dies. Our spirits return to God who gave it life.” However, I do not agree that God is not interested in when we die. ”How” might not interest Him, but ”when” is certainly of utmost importance if His whole purpose for us in the first place is for us to have ”Our souls get stronger”, as you say. Our free will which allows us to choose to do good is His goal, I think. Of course He wishes us to choose what ...   [retrieve this message]
        • Think of this life, as nothing but the blinking of an eye, ...   #68716   10y

Think of this life, as nothing but the blinking of an eye, compared to the one which is eternal. The one which is eternal will have no pain, blood, hurting, sadness-not one negative atom. ... If God has it designed that certain events will take place, which we have really no say in the matter,then it is His Eternal Wisdom.( which we can’t understand fully with our limited brains) ... How can we challenge this plan? ... I agree with you! ...   [End]
        • God said, My way are not your way and your ways are not my ...   swing71   10y

God said, My way are not your way and your ways are not my ways, Here it is, ... ... ”My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9). ... ... ... God know the whole plan. He is over all but he also allows us to have our free agency and he allows us to suffer the consequences of our choices. For example the guy who gets drunk and runs off the road is ejected and killed in a one car rollover. Surely God could have prevented that. The ...   [retrieve this message]
          • Agree. ... We have free will, but that free will-God alread...   #68716   10y

Agree. ... We have free will, but that free will-God already know what we will choose, since He is All seeing, All powerful, The Most Wise, the Just, the Merciful- All knowing, all Hearing, the Redeemer, The Planner, The King of Kings.   [End]
          • Re: I do question why   chrissy11   10y

I believe that asking why is at the heart of what makes man so unique. One could follow God blindly but the person who asks why and finds some answers invariably finds him or herself more strongly tied to God and His will. After thinking about it again, perhaps, as several of you have said that it is all part of His plan, and that plan is far too complicated and intricate for me to understand. But that doesn’t mean I won’t try.   [End]
    • Re: The soul and the body - two separate beings?   swing71   10y

By the way, the definition of the soul is the spirit and the body combined are the soul of man. ... ... (Gen. 2:7) ... ... 7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. ... ... The breath of life means that Adam spirit came down from heaven and entered into the Body that God created for him. ... ... Ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy p ...   [retrieve this message]
      • The Bible you quote was written by men after they burned th...   Eulypian   10y

The Bible you quote was written by men after they burned the largest library in the world (the Alexandrian Library). I have a hard time taking the word of men who burn books. That Bible has been changed many times since then, also by men. There are many profound things put into that Bible, the best taken from many sources at the time, but it is also filled with politics, and those politics are far below the Word of God as shown by the messages in the book being a source of confusion for centuries, causing murder and mayhem all over the planet, continuing to this very day as GW Bush bombs i ...   [retrieve this message]
      • ”That which connects us all” , as in something like star du...   swing71   10y

Chrissy 11, You can understand his plan for you. You can pray to him and ask him questions concerning you and your loved ones. I was referring to his whole Plan. His plan is easy to understand.   [End]
    • If you can accept the Bible’s definition on things it would...   Jualsy   10y

If you can accept the Bible’s definition on things it would appear that the soul and the body are the same thing............the soul can die, as it says in many places in the bible, so as the body dies, so does the soul of the person....”Poor Soul” means the person, doesn’t it? The soul is not immortal....nowhere in the Bible are the two words linked. Soul appears many many times, and immortal about 4 times, but they are never together. So the soul dies when the body dies. ... ... Death is the payment of sin, not pre determined, nor predestined, but just in the natural course of things, the pay ...   [retrieve this message]
    • If you can accept the Bible’s definition on things it would...   Jualsy   10y

If you can accept the Bible’s definition on things it would appear that the soul and the body are the same thing............the soul can die, as it says in many places in the bible, so as the body dies, so does the soul of the person....”Poor Soul” means the person, doesn’t it? The soul is not immortal....nowhere in the Bible are the two words linked. Soul appears many many times, and immortal about 4 times, but they are never together. So the soul dies when the body dies. ... ... Death is the payment of sin, not pre determined, nor predestined, but just in the natural course of things, the pay ...   [retrieve this message]
      • By the way, the definition of the soul is the spirit and th...   swing71   10y

By the way, the definition of the soul is the spirit and the body combined are the soul of man. ... ... (Gen. 2:7) ... ... 7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. ... ... The breath of life means that Adam spirit came down from heaven and entered into the Body that God created for him. ... ... Ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy p ...   [retrieve this message]
    • what about the ideas of Sokrates and Plato that we (human b...   bennybork   10y

what about the ideas of Sokrates and Plato that we (human beeings) do not posess soul but actually ”are” soul? ... ... I remember when I was a child, I tried to imagine what that ”soul” is. I was taught a picture, that when I die, I will lay down and be burried, and ”my soul” is going up somewhere else. ... ... That was the old picture. ... ... Later I learned that when I die, I (soul) will go up to the invisible worlds (or inner worlds or heaven or however one willl name it), and my body is laying down and will be burried. ... ... By changing this picture, this understanding, something was different from t ...   [retrieve this message]
      • I think that is certainly a clear way of seeing things. If ...   chrissy11   10y

I think that is certainly a clear way of seeing things. If God does indeed exist as simply ”spirit”, this makes your idea that much more plausible. In this regard, he is indeed soul without body. We are told that no body exists without a soul, so apparently soul can exist without a body but a body cannot exist without a soul. Is this what you are saying?   [End]
        • Hi Chrissy11, ... ... thank you for responding. ... ... Y...   bennybork   10y

Hi Chrissy11, ... ... thank you for responding. ... ... You wrote ... ” ... so apparently soul can exist without a body but a body cannot exist without a soul. Is this what you are saying?” ... ... Yes, thats how I see things, . . . whereas there are sometimes ”bodies” who act as if they were machines without soul, isn´t it? ... ... I don´t know if that state of existance would work for a longer time, because soul is actually the ”driver of the car”. ... So the car (body) could run for a while, but without driver (soul) it would crash into some wall or something. ... ... In another letter you wrote recently: ... ”Throug ...   [retrieve this message]
          • There certainly are people who act as though they have no s...   chrissy11   10y

There certainly are people who act as though they have no soul. Your analogy of the car driving into a wall fits perfectly with someone who is acting as though they have no soul. They figuratively ”crash” into whichever vice or sinful activity it is they are pursuing. ... ... I have to disagree with your statement that ”we”, the decision making part of our being, is soul, though. I think if the soul were responsible for making all our decisions then we’d be living in a perfect world. This is the separation I am interested in mostly. The body clearly makes many decisions that either ”starve or ...   [retrieve this message]
            • Thank you for responding so kindly, ... ... You spoke of t...   bennybork   10y

Thank you for responding so kindly, ... ... You spoke of the the decision making part of our being. ... ... Do I understand it in the right way, that you consider ”we” human beings (maybe animals and plants too) are made of certain ”parts” such as ... 1. Soul ... 2. body ... ... or even more? ... ... And that the playing together od all parts make us a whole beeing? ... ... Yes, I can see certain parts, functions, bodies (or call it other names like: ... ... - physical body (the lowest and most gross level - but not to be ignored or belittled) ... ... - emotions (feelings) (invisible like electricity) ... ... - a conglomeration ...   [retrieve this message]
  • just found this and loved it!! (found it in all caps)   daizy4   10y

spirituality says that god is within us and that we don’t need anyone else to make that divine connection for us ... ... religion says that we are separated from god and that we need ”them” to make that divine connection ... ... spirituality says that we are free to make choices on our own and that we must take personal responsibility for our actions ... ... religion says we must make their choices and act their way ... ... the theme of spirituality is unconditional love ... ... the theme of religion is fear and guilt ... ... spirituality does not require us to make donations ... ... religion has become big business ...   [retrieve this message]
    • i loved your post. I have a question for you? Are you fami...   healing   10y

i loved your post. I have a question for you? Are you familiar with the channeling of Kryon, and if so what are your thoughts? ... ... healing   [End]
      • I am familiar with Kryon but have only read blurbs and exce...   daizy4   10y

I am familiar with Kryon but have only read blurbs and excerpts. It looks like good stuff, especially relating to DNA...also have read The Indigo Children..... wonderful!   [End]
        • for some reason the Kryon stuff scares me. Here is a direc...   healing   10y

for some reason the Kryon stuff scares me. Here is a direct quote ” eArth is the only planet with free choice to bring an entire world of beings into ascention status or destruction” ... I always thought there was no hell and we would all go to Heaven. I don’t understand the destruction part. ... and I don’t understand the reincarnation stuff from them. I believe in reincarnatiion, but I always thought you would be able to stop coming back and stay with God sometime. Thery are saying that it is a continuous loop and we have made a ”contract” to come here over and over and over for our souls t ...   [retrieve this message]
          • well....I haven’t read those ”blurbs and excerpts”....let m...   daizy4   10y

well....I haven’t read those ”blurbs and excerpts”....let me do a little homework, regarding the context of your concerns.... ... ... It may take a little while. My sister-in-law has some of the books, I will look them over. ... ... Whenever there is fear.....put the book down....it is not for you.....at least at this point in your life. There may come a time when you can read it again, and be fine!   [End]
          • healing your answer to this question lies in the last sente...   bgataker   10y

healing your answer to this question lies in the last sentence of the statements that were Posted by Dazie..I believe it said... ... ... Go to your Heart for the answer, it will never lie to you. ... ... This is a very powerful statement considering the first rule to this game of life is: Don’t believe anything you read, hear, see, feel or experience. Question it with all your heart..if you find it to be true..it is..nothing else matters. ... ... Do not let your mind get in the way...remember if you hear a loud voice it is probably your ego mind trying to distract you...listen to the soft loving voice th ...   [retrieve this message]
  • religion is optional, spirituality is not!!   daizy4   10y

Religion vs. Spirituality ... ... ”Religion is for people who believe in hell, spirituality is for people that have been there.” -- author unknown ... ... It is confusing and perhaps nearly impossible for some people to separate religion from spirituality. Yet, there is a very distinct separation between the two. Both are nouns, denoting a fixed concept. Both are intangible and must be defined through adjectives and actions. ... ... Religion is a system of beliefs outlined within a particular doctrine. Religion is a tool for developing and nurturing spirituality. It offers exercises, inspirations, and ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: Thanks , athiests have strong spirituality too!!   Karlin   10y

Thanks for that good thought. ... ... Someone recently berated me for posting at the spirituality forum because I am a declared athiest. They said what does an athiest want with spirituality. ... ... You explained it really well, thanks. ... ... Karlin   [End]
      • Grog, ... ... To even claim ”God without religion = god w...   #26259   10y

So does that mean there should be a Spirituality without God or Religion forum? Does an Atheist’s spirit die along with the physical body or does it live somewhere in the hereafter?   [End]
        • Not necessarily. Every religion have its opinion about the ...   #28427   10y

Not necessarily. Every religion have its opinion about the sense of life and death, and some believe in a life, or many lives after death, or none at all. In fact the religions are made only to reassure about death. ... ... But for the Philosopher Epicurus, ”death is nothing to us,for what is dissolved is deprived of sensitivity, and what is deprived of sensitivity is nothing to us”. Therefore there is nothing to dread about death. ... ... The first condition of happiness : reject the false opinions about Gods, get rid of the religion. ... First it is one of the essential cause of the human misery, f ...   [retrieve this message]
          • !Your words are as honey, dripping with that sweetest sound...   Karlin   10y

!Your words are as honey, dripping with that sweetest sound of rationality. ... ... A more pleasing post I have yet to read here at Cure Zone, although that one that solved my constipation was as good in other ways. ... ... to wit! - ”The first condition of happiness : reject the false opinions about Gods, get rid of the religion” ... ... Ahhh... ... ... It is death and that fear of darkness that both spawned religions and gods in earlier times of far fewer comforts. Its time we the human race let go of that baby blanket. ... ... The question about after death will get a response from athiests that frames ...   [retrieve this message]
  • Religion and god   karlin   10y

? ... ... nope. ... After the molecules formed, there came life eventually. All that life has a similiar, if not exact same, origin. That connects us all, all living things. ... ... But whoa!! All the things that are not living also have a connection with me. We also have a common origin, and thats is partly why I have this coinnection to all that is. ... ... maybe its just a long memory? ... ... karlin ... ...   [End]
    • grog,hows about ”The good lord”,or simply ”H”-your evolutio...   #27054   10y

grog,hows about ”The good lord”,or simply ”H”-your evolution theory ?(which i agree with!)atb, tom.   [End]
      • Hi, ... ... can you please give me the Details of the Evol...   del-108   10y

Hi, ... ... can you please give me the Details of the Evolution theory you mention as I am a scientist and I have yet to find one that holds true under scrutiny from a mathematical point of view?? ... ... del108   [End]
      • Re: Karlin is not Grog!   karlin   10y

Grog has not posted in this forum yet. ... ... karlin started the only thread here, thats me, and only you and Del have replied. Grog is at home now. ... ... ------ ... ... I can see evolution cannot be mentiioned without a challenge to the math of it. Fine then... ... ... Chaos theory says that given enough time, ALL THINGS WILL EVENTUALLY HAPPEN”. ... ... Thats the math! We have been evolving on earth for 4 billion years, or 6ooo for mormoms and fundies. ... Things were boudn to occur, and their brillinat complexities are the inter-twiining of all that is. ... Hey man, its just a theory, we don’t know how w ...   [retrieve this message]
    • Re: Religion and god   del-108   10y

Hi, ... ... I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that the word ”religion” has a greek root meaning ”to reunite, with God”. ... ... Can you then have ”religion”, without the person that the very word relates to?? ... ... Possibly, you are looking for a forum that could be called ”irreligion”? ... ... thanx ... del108   [End]
      • I think you are right about that, religion can not have no ...   karlin   10y

I think you are right about that, religion can not have no god. ... ... please remember that I did not ask for or create this forum, it was not my idea. ... ... Lets ask the webmaster who came up with this idea! ... ... Karlin.   [End]
        • It is my personal belief, or conclusion that ”God without R...   TonyO   10y

It is my personal belief, or conclusion that ”God without Religion” is meant to mean: Worship of God in the truest sense without the man made pomp and ceremony. ... ... All throughout Scripture it is God reaching down to mankind. The ultimate reaching came when God took on flesh and walked as one of His creations in Christ Jesus. Religion is good as long as it is based on the creation worshipping the Creator rather than the creation seeking to please the Creator with empty rituals. Scripture declares that God desires ”fellowship” with His creation and not empty ritual. ... ... If God used evolution ...   [retrieve this message]
    • A word for "god without religion"   Eulypian   10y

The Everpresent works for me. Another interesting one is Who. Others are the All Seeing Eye, The Truth, The Beauty, Liberty, Faith and The Light. ... ... I believe we are all telepathic, and the telepathic combination of our thoughts create the Everpresent Who Sees All and shines The Light on Truth and Beauty to illuminate the scope of Liberty and Faith. ... ... Religion is just the structural framework for grasping that concept, and with the availability of such a wide variety of thought today, religion is splintering and dissolving. ... ... Eulypian   [End]
      • Re: Some more words for "god without religion"   Karlin   10y

”That which connects us all” , as in something like star dust. ... We hear of the idea that we are not separate, that separateness is an illusion [quantum mechanics ideas, David Icke, Buddism, etc] ... ... Since we all have something common to everything, animate or inanimate, it could be the moment that we recognised it that we thought that we had discovered god. [Things went downhill from there] ... ... Or, if all things had a common start, like the big bang, that would count as ”the thing we have in common”. Maybe it was not the original start before the big bang since infinity doesn’t allow fo ...   [retrieve this message]

Filter Messages: order by

Selected Ads from CureZone Sponsors: Become a Sponsor

VIP

All Natural Oxy-Powder
Buy Direct. Same or Next Day Shipping. Rated Best Colon Cleansing Prod...
Mouth Sores
Eliminate Herpes
High Blood Pressure?
3 easy exercises drop blood pressure below 120/80 as soon as today
Proven Candida Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Treating Candida in 30 Days

PLAT

Iodine Supports Thyroid Health
#1 Rated Iodine Supplement! 180-Day Money Back Guarantee. Free...
Clark Parasite Cleanse
Dr. Hulda Clark’s Parasite Cleanse with herbs (wormwood, cloves, black...

GOLD

Proven medical anti-diabetic benefits
Electrolyzed drinking water significantly reduces blood...
Skin Therapy Soaps
Silver Aloe-Aloe Gold-Copper Aloe Skin Therapy Soap. All Natural with plan...
Proven Parasite Diet
The Only Legitimate Diet for Destroying Parasites in 30 Days or Less

GOLD

Healthy Weight Loss
”I saw results almost immediately, losing 52 pounds between September and...
Anti Cancer Medical Effect
Medical researchers confirm electrolyzed reduced water protects ag...
ClarkFx: The all-in-one Parasite Cleanse!
ClarkFX is a new; enhanced natural, effective paras...
Natural Cancer Remedies

SILVER

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.
Bad Breath Cure
Bad Breath Cure
Life Technology™
Transformational Technology For Mind Body And Soul.
Amazing Oleander-Based Skin Cream
The best ever age defying skin cream for wrinkles and uneve...

Back To Top How many people click on the sponsord links? Become a Sponsor

Add This Forum To Your Favorites!

Share:  Facebook  MySpace  Digg  Reddit  StumbleUpon  Furl this page  Delicious  BlinkList  dzone  Simpy.com  Fark.com  BlogMarks  Wists.com  Google

Translate This Page:

French    German    Spain    Italian    Dutch    Russian    Portuguese    Japanese    Korean    Arabic    Chinese Simplified

Challenge the message and not the messenger!
The first person to resort to name calling and personal attacks automatically loses the debate!
Personal attack is often the best indication that the writer knows his logic is flawed and therefore tries to deflect attention by attacking the opponent, instead of attacking the arguments of the opponent.

368 messages, 55 topics, topics per page limited to: 35, average number of messages per page: 368, 1 pages,  211,714 page views

"The use of “religion” as an excuse to repress the freedom of expression and to deny human rights is not confined to any country or time."
~ Margaret Atwood

Image Galler God-Religion HD. Image Gallery         Image Galler Last 30 Uploads
Google Ads

Medianet Ads

Google Ads

Google Ads

Donate to CureZone

Guest Book - Liver Flush FAQ - News - Link Exchange - Add URL - How To Exchange Links? - About Global Directory

Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Spam Policy - Disclaimer - Guidelines & Rules - Forum Trolls - Fair use notice

Staff's pages:  Owen - Wrenn - Maya

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - About - Donors - Stats

Copyright 2014  curezone.org

fetched in 5.86 sec at 4/23/2014 2:05:39 AM, requested by 54.81.170.136, referred by http://curezone.org/forums/f2.asp?f=538 , requested 1 pages during this session, y=25