Looks like calcium could help...
Found this somewhere on the web too:
"Fluoride has several mechanisms of toxicity. Ingested fluoride initially acts locally on the intestinal mucosa. It can form hydrofluoric acid in the stomach, which leads to GI irritation or corrosive effects. Following ingestion, the GI tract is the earliest and most commonly affected organ system.
Once absorbed, fluoride binds calcium ions and may lead to hypocalcemia. Fluoride has direct cytotoxic effects and interferes with a number of enzyme systems; it disrupts oxidative phosphorylation, glycolysis, coagulation, and neurotransmission (by binding calcium). Fluoride inhibits Na+/K+ -ATPase, which may lead to hyperkalemia by extracellular release of potassium. Fluoride inhibits acetylcholinesterase, which may be partly responsible for hypersalivation, vomiting, and diarrhea (cholinergic signs). Seizures may result from both hypomagnesemia and hypocalcemia. Severe fluoride toxicity will result in multiorgan failure. Central vasomotor depression as well as direct cardiotoxicity also may occur. Death usually results from respiratory paralysis, dysrhythmia, or cardiac failure.
Fluoride is a cumulative poison, residing in your bones mostly. I think it does accumulate in other organs as well, it is not a metal, it is a chemical poison. It is unstable though and binds to calcium in the body.
With reduced intake and over the course of time, logic tells me that you would slowly rid yourself of the accumulation - although logic would also assume that increased intake of calcium would
1. Give the "free" fluoride something to bind to and be moved out of the body rather than lodging in bones and teeth.
2. replace calcium lost in bones and other organs by fluoride ingestion.
I'm no doctor but logically I would assume these things.
Also of note, is that when you look at fluoride supplements given by the dentist they will come with a warning on the label to avoid calcium intake within a period of time after ingesting the fluoride - this is because the fluoride will bind to the additional calcium and become ineffective subsequently passing out of the body. It seems the best preventative or combatant for fluoride ingestion would be a calcium supplement."
Add To Favorites!