I think urine has some protective action for the sun.
I would like to give you the recipe of the cream I make for myself and my family, I'm very fond of it. You can make any kind of variations, because this is just a basic formula that can be interpreted in many ways. I took it from the book "Earthly Bodies & Heavenly Hair" of Dina Falconi, which I very much love and recommend.
Here it goes:
6 oz. liquid oil
3 oz. solid oil (coconut oil, shea butter and/or cocoa butter)
1 oz. beeswax
9 oz. water (distilled water, floral water, herbal infusion, fruit juice, aloe gel, whatever you prefer, eventually with grapefruit seed extract as a natural preservative so that the cream doesn't spoil too rapidly)
It makes approximately 19 oz. of cream
- put the oils and the beeswax in a cup and the cup in a pot with boiling water at medium heat, stirring until everything dissolves
- remove the cup and let it cool down at body temperature, stirring every now and then
- meanwhile put the water in a cup and the cup in the pot of before until it reaches body temperature
- when everything is at body temperature pour the water into a blender, preferably with the attachments for whipping cream (here you can eventually add the grapefriut seed extract)
- slowly and gradually pour the oil into the water while blending, and here the magic happens, all of a sudden the cream forms under you eyes. The process is called emulsification.
- at this point, if you like, you can add essential oils, stirring them well but by hand
It is faster to do than to say, and after trying it you will not want to go back to any other cream ever. I used to like a lot oils, but the cream is more complete because of the hydratating effect of the water.
This cream doesn't have any sun screen, but nourishes the skin deeply.
Add To Favorites!