I was wondering if anyone has experienced sensitivity/negative side effects from having a metal permanent retainer stuck in their mouthes for years? I've had a permanent retainer on the back of my top teeth and bottom teeth for over nine years now and recently did research to see if the metal in the retainer could leach toxic metals into my body.
According to my research, it looks like this definitely is possible and I've read posts of particular sufferers of candida related issues, finding more relief after removing their permanent retainers and starting to chelate the metals out of their system.
Considering my tongure is always either resting directly on the bottom or top wire, I believe that I have been absorbing some unhealthy metals. My health declined steadily after the insertion of my braces way back in my adolescent years, so I'm thinking this is all very possible. I now just need to get up the courage to go back to my orthodontist and ask to have the permanents removed, and replaced with plastic retainers that I can just insert at night time.
I get bad feelings about my wires and always have. This in itself, I hope justifies having the wire removed.
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I also wanted to post this incase any other candida sufferers may be suffering from possible metal toxicity due to braces/permanent retainers as well.
Here's an old curezone link that discusses the potential toxicity in retainers.
I also thought this man's experience was good too:
I realise this is an old thread but someone might be reading it. I recently had a fixed retainer made of around 10% nickel removed after 20 yrs. In the last 10yrs I had dermatitis, irritable bowel syndrome and severe joint pain. I think it's worth noting that a hair analysis is not the be all and end all. My nickel levels were fine. it's because I was allergic to what nickel I was absorbing that it was affecting my health. "
Add To Favorites!