Keep in mind that these are two different chemicals.
MMS involves drinking chlorous acid.
CDS involves drinking chlorine dioxide in water.
Chlorous acid has a little chlorine dioxide in it, but it is mostly chlorite.
It is yet to be seen if it is chlorine dioxide that is beneficial, or if it is chlorite.
Yes I was thinking the same also.
However, since the chlorous acide reaction releases chlorine dioxide, I think the potential for chlorine dioxide doing the work is higher than that of the cholorite itself.
In food processing, chlorine dioxide doesn't work very well, but chlorous acid works great. In water purification, chlorine dioxide works great, but chlorous acid leaves to many chemical residues. Even though chlorous acid and chlorine dioxide in water both have chlorine dioxide, they are very different chemicals and react differently.
I think this may be conducive with the previous model given that the chlorous acid may allow for the chlorine dioxide ions to penetrate a given substance. Whereas a chlorine dioxide solution would be subject to dissipation. However, I also think this can work both ways with ingestion given that the chlorine molecules are contained rather than being subject to dissipation. - if that makes sense.
a 3 drop dose of MMS has about 200 PPM available chlorine dioxide with about 48 PPM of that as free chlorine dioxide. It has a PH of around 3. The concentration of free chlorine dioxide varies depending upon the activation time.
the supposed "similar" CDS dose has about 25 PPM free chlorine dioxide and a PH of around 7. Some have proposed using a dose with 50 PPM free chlorine dioxide.
As you can see, both contain chlorine dioxide, but there are differences.
Sounds very interesting, though I will admit that I'm really not that vell versed in chemistry.
However, I do know that the current process(reference above) produces an average of : 1ml CDS = 3 drops of MMS1 in terms of effectiveness if that means anything to you.
And I think the going rate for saturation/purity is around 3000ppm in its original form. ie. 1ml or 3000ppm chlorine dioxide solution.
BTW. I will still keep using MMS for a great number of things such as; topical applications, definfecting, and produce washing. Though insofar as ingestion goes, I don't think I'll ever go back to MMS .
Add To Favorites!