Acne Natural Treatment and Remedies that You Ought to Know
Acne is a very common skin problem among teenagers. It is noticeable mainly on the regions like face, shoulders, back and chest.
Date: 9/19/2010 11:57:41 PM ( 3 y ) ... viewed 4225 times
Due to exposure to excessive pollution and sun rays, skin problems and their remedies are common topics of discussion among ladies and even among men who too are conscious about their looks. Acne or Acne Vulgaris is a very common skin problem today. Generally oily skin is prone to acne. The sebaceous glands in our skin secrete sebum or oil. The sebum is meant to keep the skin moistened, but problem arises when excessive secretion of sebum occurs. The extra oil blocks the pores of the skin resulting in multiple problems collectively given the name of ‘Acne’. Blocking or congestion of pores due to over secretion of sebum results in white heads, black heads, pimples, nodules, papules, skin bumps or cysts.
Acne is a common skin disorder among teenagers. Generally skin fall a prey to acne at puberty, and the problem aggravates as one move towards adolescence. A common bacterium causing acne is Propioni-bacterium. This bacteria act upon nodules or papules resulting in a reddish swelling called pimple. Sebum filled pores some times stick out on the skin surface, and are called whiteheads. When whiteheads come in contact with dust or pollution, they get darkened resulting in Black heads. Cysts are sac like structure filled with fluids. Acne is noticeable mainly on the regions like face, shoulders, back and chest.
Natural Remedies to Treat Acne
With progress in the field of medicine, we often turn to doctors and rely more on Allopathic medicines prescribed by them. But of late, news about the harmful side effects of allopathic medicines has startled us, and so many are taking resort to nature to cure minor ailments. Natural herbs have great medicinal value in treating acne. Here is a list of some natural remedies for acne -
1. Drinking plenty of water is the easiest solution for acne. Water cleans our system by flushing out toxins.
2. Avoid junk food and include fresh fruits, vegetables, and fiber based food in your diet. Intake of fiber based diet would help to cleanse the digestive tract.
3. Vitamin A has the capacity to cure acne
faster than any cosmetic product available in market. So include more and more Vitamin A rich food like carrot, egg, and beef in your diet.
4. Herbs like straw berry leaves, alfalfa leaves, dandelion roots, and burdock roots may be applied as a paste on the affected areas of the skin to get relief.
5. Tea tree oil is a natural acne fighting oil, and is often used to treat blemishes.
6. Olive leaf extract is an ancient remedy for treating acne.
7. Licorice (mulethi) root has anti inflammatory properties. Licorice root extracts can therefore repair damaged skin tissues due to acne.
8. All are well informed about the soothing effects of aloe Vera on skin. Aloe Vera has anti inflammatory properties and can reduce scars, rejuvenating the skin.
9. Natural facial mask made out of banana can reduce acne.
10. Capsicum and Red Clover are also beneficial in treating acne.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!