Redbook - Triple Chocolate Mousse Tart
What better way to cheer yourself up then to indulge in this chocolate fantasy.
Date: 7/8/2009 3:24:59 AM ( 4 y ) ... viewed 1262 times
Triple Chocolate Mousse Tart
Serve this rich, creamy dessert at your next party and watch your guests swoon with delight.
- 1 package(s) (9-ounce) chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup(s) margarine or butter, at room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 envelope(s) unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cup(s) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- Triple Chocolate Leaves, optional (see below)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting (optional)
- 3 ounce(s) (about 1/2 cup) milk chocolate, chopped
- 6 lemon, basil or mint leaves
- In food processor, process 36 chocolate wafer cookies, to make 2 cups fine crumbs. Add margarine; process until thoroughly combined. Press mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom; refrigerate while you prepare filling.
- In 1-quart saucepan sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand 5 minutes to soften gelatin. Using wire whisk, beat in egg yolks and sugar to blend well; cook over medium-low heat 8 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon until mixture coats back of spoon (do not boil or mixture will curdle).
- Remove saucepan from heat; whisk in chocolate chips to melt; add vanilla. Transfer mixture to metal bowl; freeze 25 to 35 minutes until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon. Stir occasionally, from outside of bowl to center.
- In medium-size bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat cream until soft peaks form; using rubber spatula, fold cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon filling into prepared crust; refrigerate 3 hours until firm.
- To serve: Remove sides of pan from tart. Decorate with Triple Chocolate Leaves as pictured; dust leaves with cocoa powder.
- Triple Chocolate Leaves: Place 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (about 1/2 cup), in small microwave dish. Microwave on high (100% power) 30 to 60 seconds until chocolate loses its shape when stirred; stir until smooth.
- Using pastry brush, brush melted chocolate over undersides of 6 fresh lemon, basil, mint, or other nontoxic leaves; place leaves on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Repeat process with 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 6 additional leaves, then with 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped (about 1/2 cup), and 6 additional leaves.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes until chocolate is firm. Carefully peel leaves from chocolate; refrigerate until ready to use. Makes 18 chocolate leaves.
Nutrition Information Each serving without decoration: 450 calories (61% from fat), 31 g fat (14 g saturated), 105 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate (2 g fiber), 6 g protein.
Nutrition Information Each leaf: 70 calories (53% from fat), 4.5 g fat (2.5 g saturated), 5 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate (0 g fiber), 1 g protein.
Here are some alternate versions of this recipe created by our wonderful community of chefs!
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
Add This Entry To Your CureZone Favorites!