- Morning Has Broken 18 d
The hymn originally appeared in the second edition of Songs of Praise (published in 1931), to the tune ”Bunessan”, composed in the Scottish Highlands. In Songs of Praise Discussed, the editor, Percy Dearmer, explains that as there was need for a hymn to give thanks for each day, English poet and children’s author Eleanor Farjeon had been ”asked to make a poem to fit the lovely Scottish tune”. (...) ”Bunessan” had been found in L. McBean’s Songs and Hymns of the Gael, published in 1900. Before Farjeon’s words, the tune was used as a Christma ... read more
- Beautiful nature photography to go with this youtube video of Cat Steven's rendition of a traditional Celtic song.
- Chant for Peace/Grandfather Rael 28 d
Original Post From: Rainbow Stew http://www.rainbowstew4u.com/index.htm http://www.rainbowstew4u.com/rainbow-stew-calendar.htm
Grandfather Joseph Rael/Beautiful Painted Arrow shares and teaches.....
"In 1984, I received the vision to build peace chambers or sound chambers where people chant together to bring about peace."
"Chanting affects our bodies on a cellular level and it affects all the earth and plants as well. It clears away blocks so that life energy
can flow uninterrupt ... read more
- "We chant the Vowels to create Peace within our own Hearts, Minds & Spirits so we may share these vibrations wherever we are," Native American mystic Joseph Rael, Beautiful Painted Arrow.
- Chant:The Moon Song 28 d
"Joseph Rael, whose name, Tslew-teh-koyeh, given to him as a child at Picuris Pueblo, means ’Beautiful Painted Arrow,’ is widely regarded as one of the great Native American holy men of our time. He was born in 1935 on the Southern Ute reservation to a chief’s granddaughter and a Tiwa-speaking Picuris native. At about age 7, shortly before his mother’s death, he went to live in Picuris near Taos, NM, where his visionary powers were developed until, at about age 12, he began to assist the village holy ... read more
- VIDEO IS UP!! Native American mystic Joseph Rael teaches that "all existence is vibration"; spiritual reality can be accessed through drumming, chanting, and vision quests. In this video, Grandfather Rael stands in his Sound Peace chamber and chants The Moon Song to bring in Cosmic Energy.
- Peace:Women Will Lead the Way 32 d
by Kahuna Kaleiiliahi March 4, 2010 - 9:30am The following channel was received by Kahuna Kaleiiliahi in response to a question asked by Maria Yraceburu on behalf of Sisters of Honua. It is with deep gratitude and honor that Kalei offers this message: The Question: What do women need to focus their energy on for the healing of the world? The Reply: The women of the world must go deep into their Souls and find their own woundedness and they must start from there. They must go deep, deep, deep, to the path that will lead them to the beginning. In the beginning there was only lo ... read more
- Kahuna Kalei'iliahi Ka'ili-kapu-o-Lono is a Spiritual Intuitive/Healer from Hawaii. What follows is a beautiful channeling addressed to women (and men) that tells us women will lead the way to peace on earth.
- Photos:Nature 'Round the Yard 34 d
This is a view of my back yard right outside of my sliding glass door; I am sitting now at my computer looking out at it! The bird-of-paradise plants are in bloom. To the left is the trunk of my huge, 50+year old pepper tree. In front of the Birds are potted spider plants and a Chinese jade plant. In the background is one of three ficus trees lining the wooden fence. To the far left i ... read more
- Photos of nature right from my own front and back yards.
I am lucky to live in Southern California; it's fall and the temperature inside is 69 degrees without having to use the heater; it's even warmer outside, and sunny! Whenever I'm feeling curmudgeony, I like to go outside and "hang" with my trees and plants. I talk to them, and feel better. Sometimes I do my meditation practice outside in the backyard, barefoot on the leaves.
- Eco Art for Fall 34 d
approximately 4" diameter "Halloween 2013" by mayah(c)2013
This Halloween ornament is made from reused materials: magazine ad, cardboard, ribbon, glitter paper from an old art project. Embellished with electrical tape and hanging cord.
"Fall 2013" by mayah(c)2013 approximately 7.5" X 6"
Greeting card made of reused magazine ads on art paper; embellished with hand embroidery.
Eco Art using cloth scraps and recycled pape ... read more
- Halloween and Fall eco-art made from recycled materials
- Compassionate Love 69 d
10 year old Tobias Bass planned on running in a 5k and wanted his brother, who has cerebral palsy, to run with him. He wrote a heart warming letter to News 9 Oklahoma asking for help in obtaining a jogger.
Tobias’s complete letter:
WATCH VIDEO: A jogger was donated to the brothers, and Tobias ran the race with his brother: http://www.news9.com/category/116601/video-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9357011
Story from: http:/ ... read more
- Another example of what I call "new children", those born post 2000, who are more compassionate, aware, and in touch with Spirit: 10 year old Tobias helps his 11 year old brother with cerebral palsy run in a 5K race. Read his letter to his local news channel!
- New Kid 77 d
Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Video: The mysterious contributor who donated $10.03 to the Greenfield, Wis., police department shortly after the anniversary of 9/11 has been revealed. The 11-year-old boy said he learned about the Sept. 11 attacks in school and has been collecting money to donate since April.
An 11-year-old boy’s anonymous donation to his local police department captured the heart of his community and is inspiring ... read more
- This 11 year old boy who anonymously donated money to his local police station in memory of his grandfather is an example of the "new children", born post 2000, who are more compassionate, aware, and in touch with Spirit. I love what he says at the end of the article!
- Art:Power-Energy-Love 81 d
“Sun: Power and Energy” 8” X 8” © mayah 2013
“Heart: Love” 7” X 7” © mayah 2013
Sun: made of fabric and paper scraps; center: candy bar wrapper over recycled cardboard
Heart: made of fabric scraps cut into 1.5” X ¾” rectangles & hand-sewn piping of embroidery floss; base: recycled light bulb packaging.
For both art pieces, used “Steam-a-Seam II”, a great iron-on fabric adhesive
Art:"Pink Paradise" http://curezon ... read more
- Eco Art using cloth scraps and recycled paper products
- Story:Life's Absurdities 86 d
I have a basic term life insurance plan that pays my beneficiaries a given amount of money upon my death. I pay quarterly premiums and it is fairly inexpensive. Every so often my life insurance company makes an offer of a new deal. I just received a premium payment notice and there was an offer for an additional travel accident rider. What is that? When I purchase the travel accident rider for just a few pennies more a day, if I die in an accident involving traveling in an airplane, automobile, golf cart, or bicycle, my beneficiaries receive twice the amou ... read more
- There are some things in life that are absurd and strike me as funny, and I just have to write about them. Life insurance is one of those things. The following story is based on real conversations I had with two life insurance agents, and therefore is true. Mostly.
- Bolsa Chica Wetlands 4 mon
Red Tail Hawk/Photo from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Red-tailed_Hawk_Buteo_jamaicensis_Full_Body_1880px.jpg
I was at Bolsa Chica Wetlands recently with a birder friend and we saw an amazing number of water birds and also a juvenile red tail hawk! L ast week a family member and I walked the same trail; it was rather windy and we saw a hawk with its wings spread out just enjoying floating on the air currents…amazing to watch! I like to imagine it was the same bird I saw before.
Great Blue Heron/Photo from: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/ ... read more
- This past month I went birding at the Bolsa Chica Wetlands. I plan on going again and again! The wetlands were newly restored due to the diligence of local environmentalists who successfully worked with the California Department of Fish and Game, the California Coastal Commission, and the developer who owned some of the land in order to conserve this vital Southern California coastal wetlands.
- Art:"Pink Paradise" 4 mon
“Pink Paradise” by mayah ©2013 8” X 8”
This small square of silk, approximately 4” X 4”, has gone through several metamorphoses during its lifetime. It started out as part of the waistband of a long wrap-around skirt bought many years ago; the old skirt was then used as a window covering for many more years until the sun deteriorated the silk, leaving only the waistband intact. I was going to throw the whole thing away until I realized that the silk had an interesting pattern embossed on it. Using this pattern as a guide, I hand embroidered the design.
I first learned ... read more
- Hand Embroidery on recycled silk scrap
- Art:"Forest"/"Persimmon Beauty" 5 mon
Eco Art: “Forest” by mayah © 2013 Card: 5.5” X 4.25”
Eco Art: “Persimmon Beauty” by mayah © 2013 Card: 5.5” X 5.5”
Both of these greeting cards are made using recycled materials. The backgrounds for both cards are paper scraps left over from other art projects, and a repurposed advertising flier. The foreground designs are from paper towels that a family member used to wipe her brushes on after painting with acrylics. I’ve cut the paper towels into shapes and hand embroidered them. To me, the paint blotches in “Forest” looked like tree trunks and a bird; these sh ... read more
- MORE Greeting Cards made from reused materials and found nature objects.
- Art: Eco Greeting Cards 5 mon
Eco Card: ”Every Day is Earth Day” art and photo my mayah (c)2013
Greeting card art made from a piece of paper towel glued onto a reused greeting card a friend sent to me, the pattern of the paper towel punched out using a nail,and a copy of my own watercolor art. The paper towel is from recycled paper/non-chlorine bleach.
Eco Card: ”Mandela” art and photo by mayah (c)2013
Greeting card made from scraps of natural unbleached wax paper, a copy of my own watercolor art, sewed by machine onto a scrap of heavy card stock paper to make the card.
Related Bl ... read more
- In making new art, I like to reuse paper and scraps from other art projects as much as possible, as well as use eco-friendlier art supplies. Both of these greeting cards use copies of my original watercolor art; the copies themselves are reused from old art projects that I took apart.
- Art: Stitched Paper 6 mon
"Elephant" Art and photo by mayah (c)2013 Card measures 7" X 5.5"
A family member is an artist who paints with acrylics; she wipes her brushes on paper towels. I cut up one of the used towels, glued it on piece of heavy weight metallic paper using a glue stick rather than liquid glue so that the paper towel would not become saturated (you can also use an iron-on glue paper such as Steam-a-Seam II), and hand sewed around the edges of the paper towel with metallic embroidery floss. Then I glued the design onto a folded piece of white car ... read more
- Experimenting with sewing on paper by hand and machine
- Summer Solstice Prayer 6 mon
from an email I received today:
Summer Solstice 2013
Take a moment sometime on Friday to thank Mother Nature for her abundance. We are coming up on a time that is normally light-hearted and you may feel trapped if you are have too many burdens right now. So, take time to go outside today and touch your feet to the earth and give thanks.
”Thank you for the Earth and all her many blessings, may all that is within me come into harmony with her and all life on this day of balancing.
With Great Gratitude I open my heart to the warmth of the love that lives within us al ... read more
- HAPPY SUMMER SOLSTICE!... and for those south of the equator, HAPPY WINTER SOLSTICE!
- Photos:Purple Sunset 7 mon
photos by mayah (c)2013
I really like the purple color in this spring sunset! When I saw it I just ran outside and took a bunch of pictures--very unusual color. read more
- Sunset photos over my neighborhood
- Previous Page, Page 13
Add Blog To Your Favorites!Poetry, Art, Writings, Channeling focusing on the healing energies of Earth and Spirit. Integrating Spirit within our Earthly bodies. Shamanism, earth wisdom, indigenous spirituality… more...
Last Activity: 18 d ago
238 Messages Last message 18 d ago
73 Comments Last comment 34 d ago
viewed 370,091 times
Created: 4 y Jan 15 2009
Comments (10 of 73):
Re: Eco Art for Fa… Mayah 34 d
Re: Eco Art for Fa… ren 34 d
Re: Photos:Purple … YOURE… 6 mon
Re: Art:Year of th… Mayah 7 mon
Re: Art:Year of th… YOURE… 7 mon
Re: New Year's Mes… Mayah 11 mon
Re: New Year's Mes… YOURE… 11 mon
Re: SOLUTION MATH … Mayah 12 mon
Re: Thankfulness Mayah 12 mon
Re: Thankfulness mu-shen 12 mon
All Comments (73)
Similar Blogs (10 of 185):
Nursing in the Raw by ren 10 h
Erectile Dysfunction by dorothyo… 12 h
alternative treatme… by ammalee 16 h
Sacred Heart of Jes… by Archange… 20 h
Plant Your Dream! by YourEnchant… 23 h
weight loss - More … by serenaro… 27 h
original syl manual by lovenblov… 56 h
Ya’ think?? by kerminator 6 d
CureJoy by curejoy 8 d
Lawel smith by lawelsmith 9 d
All Blogs (1,019)