- Cinnamon Really Works: Diabetes 28 mon
This is a real life guy who changed his sugar levels with cinnamon
visit the page
- This is a real life guy who changed his sugar levels with cinnamon
- Cinnamon Secrets 6 y
YES! I would like to receive Bottom Line’s Daily Health News. It’s FREE. Four times each week I’ll receive your insights to improve my health and wellness.
There’s no risk to signing up. Bottom Line’s Daily Health News is free. We respect your privacy, and guarantee that we will never rent or sell your email address. And, you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
Sugar and Spice
I spoke with Pat Crocker, culinary herbalist, and Susan Eagles, medical herbalist and coauthors of The Juicing Bible (Robert Rose) to learn more about a broader perspective on cinnamon’s ma ... read more
- (Article ID: 37579)
A Toast to Cinnamon
Cinnamon is a Double Winner
Special from Bottom Line's Daily Health News
Nothing smells better and is more memory-provoking than the aroma of apple pie with cinnamon. During the holidays, one of my family's favorite treats is hot apple cider topped off with an aromatic stick of cinnamon. But cinnamon doesn't just taste good -- scientists are discovering that more and more spices have healing abilities, and they are especially excited about cinnamon's potential in controlling glucose and cholesterol levels, among its other benefits.
- Diabetes Cinnamon 7 y
Cinnamon Spice is Nice for Type 2 Diabetics
Posted: June 18, 2006
In a recent double-blind study of seventy-nine type 2 diabetics on oral antidiabetic medication or a special diet (but not on insulin therapy), subjects were randomly assigned to take either a cinnamon extract or a placebo (inactive ingredient) capsule three times a day for four months. The amount of cinnamon extract was equivalent to three grams, or a little less than one teaspoon, of cinnamon powder per day. Results showed a significantly better reduction in fasting glucose levels in the cinnamon group (10.3%) than t ... read more
- According to a previous clinical trial, cinnamon may be help to control blood sugar (glucose) levels and blood lipid levels in type 2 diabetics, leading researches to further investigate. Exciting new findings provide more evidence of this delicious spice for individuals with type 2 diabetes.
- Cinnamon & Honey Remedies 8 y
Honey Cinnamon Home Remedy.
(Health benefits and treatment methods of combi
Take 1:2 cup of hot water to spoons of honey. Add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Drink daily morning and night. Effective even for chronic arthritis.
Drink a glass of lukewarm water mixed with two tablespoons cinnamon powder and 1 teaspoon honey. It destroys the germs of the bladder.
Mix 2 tablespoons honey and 3 teaspoons cinnamon powder with 16 ounces of tea water. It reduces cholesterol level in the body by 10% within 2 hours. Take 3x daily for arthritic patients.
He ... read more
Mix 1:2 part honey to lukewarm water and small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Make a paste and massage it on the itching part of the body. The pain will recede within a minute or two.
- Honey & Cinnamon for Acne? 8 y
Facial Care Home Remedies.
(Whole food remedy and beauty tip for the face)
(*Facial skin differs. Test recipe(s) on small area for sensitivity.)
For acne spots, apply lemon juice with a cotton bud as bactericide.
http://www.freehomeremedies.com/facial.html visit the page
- Acne, pimple
Mix 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste (ground the cinnamon into powder). Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water.
If done daily for two weeks it removes pimples from the roots.
- Ayurvedic Cold Remedy: Cinnamon- Ginger... 8 y
Ayurvedic Remedies for Cold
Ayurvedic medicine teaches that the common cold results from an imbalance of the Kapha and Vata dosha. You develop a cold when your body has an excess of kapha’s cool, moist characteristics, causing a stuffy or runny nose and lots of sneezing. And, excess vata energy reduces agni, or gastric fire, so you get the chills. Ginger can reduce excess kapha and restore agni, making it the best medicine for colds and flus. There are two main strategies to balance Kapha.
1. Herbal Medicine
Several herbs can restore balance to Kapha-especially ginger but also cin ... read more
- Several herbs can restore balance to Kapha-especially ginger but also cinnamon, licorice, basil, and cloves.
- Cinnamon for Staph Infection 8 y
The use of essential oils for emotional health is also rising. Promoting relaxation, improving mental acuity, calming and soothing, essential oils are a healthy replacement for synthetic and chemically formulated pharmaceutical drugs. These pharmaceutical drugs can have negative side effects and lead to subsequent health complications. Pure, natural and without side effects, essential oils are the perfect de-stressors to our fast, paced, high stressed lifestyles.
Essentially plants seem to be helpers, here to teach us more about ourselves and our environment, serving us in many profound ... read more
- In tests at Weber University, Cinnamon oil has proven more effective than Ampicillin in inhibiting the growth of Staphylococcal infections and unlike conventional antibiotic drugs, essential oils tend to leave beneficial bacteria intact while killing disease producing bacteria (pathogens). Additionally, bacteria do not acquire resistance to the oils as they do with antibiotics. Today when so many illnesses and bacteria are becoming resistant to antibiotics, the therapeutic effects of essential oils and their immune-boosting abilities may be just what we need.
- Cinnamon & Rose Oil Kill Viruses 8 y
To scent a room, put a few drops of oil on a ceramic scent ring on top of a light bulb.(Never put the oil directly on the bulb.) An electric diffuser, vaporizer or micromister can be used. Aromatic baths with a few drops of essential oil added directly to the bathwater creates well-being, and stimulating or relaxing.
Aside from promoting relaxation, the use of essential oils activates immune activity, lowers blood pressure, stimulates digestive processes and causes the release of endorphins (’feel good chemicals”).
There are over 300 essential oils. Between 50 an ... read more
- Private research, funded by Young Living Essential Oils. Inc. at Weber State University, successfully demonstrated specific essential oils diffused in a closed chamber killed every virus tested within minutes. Of 74 single oils tested, lemongrass,roman chamomile, cinnamon, rose, valerian and yarrow scored the highest kill rates.
- Cinnamon for Candida 8 y
Most Americans consider cinnamon a simple flavoring, but in traditional Chinese medicine, it’s one of the oldest remedies, prescribed for everything from diarrhea and chills to influenza and parasitic worms. Cinnamon comes from the bark of a small Southeast Asian evergreen tree and is available as an oil, extract, or dried powder. It’s closely related to cassia (C. cassia) and contains many of the same components, but the bark and oils from C. zeyleanicum have a better flavor.
What Is Cinnamon Used for Today?
Preliminary results from test tube and animal studies suggest that cinnamon ... read more
- Preliminary results from test tube and animal studies suggest that cinnamon oil and cinnamon extract have antifungal, antibacterial, and antiparasitic properties.4–10 For example, cinnamon has been found to be active against Candida albicans, the fungus responsible for vaginal yeast infections and thrush (oral yeast infection), Helicobacter pylori (the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers), and even head lice. However, it's a long way from studies of this type to actual proof of effectiveness. Until cinnamon is tested in double-blind human trials, we can't conclude that it can successfully treat these or any other infections. (For why double-blind studies are so important, see "Why Does Complementary Therapies Rely on Double-blind Studies?")
- Lower Cholesterol With Cinnamon? 8 y
Cinnamon probably ”can’t harm in small doses, it may help, and it’s not adding calories,” said Melinda Maryniuk, a senior dietician at the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston.
A small study completed last year on the possible health benefits of cinnamon was ”very exciting and promising,” according to Dr. Andrew Greenberg, director of the obesity metabolism laboratory at Tufts University, who is so intrigued he has begun studying it himself.
The 40-day study, of 60 people in Pakistan with Type 2 diabetes, found that one gram a day of cinnamon -- one-fourth of a teaspoon twice daily -- si ... read more
- Health Sense: Lower Your Cholesterol With Cinnamon?
• Cholesterol Facts You Have to Know
Are you aware of your personal cholesterol levels? And even if you are, do you know what they really mean? go
• The Downside of Clinton's Heart Surgery
He's recovering well, and perhaps we're all now more aware of heart disease. So what's the problem? go
By Judy Foreman
The next drug in your medicine cabinet might come from the spice aisle of the grocery store. Although research is still preliminary, doctors and researchers are getting excited about the diabetes and cholesterol-fighting potential of cinnamon
- Arthritis Cured w/ Cinnamon & Honey 8 y
No Text visit the page
- ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.
In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week out of the 200 people so treated practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.
- Diabetes Cure: Cinnamon Drug & Other Food 8 y
THE CINNAMON DRUG
Add spices to boost insulin activity. It may be more than our taste buds that inspire us to frequently use cinnamon and cloves to spice up sweet foods, such as pumpkin pie. Such spices actually have drug-like properties that help us handle the sugar in such sweets.
The USDA’s Dr. Anderson discovered that various spices help stimulate insulin activity, which means the body can process sugar more efficiently and therefore needs less insulin. Dr. Anderson did some test-tube experiments in which he measured insulin activity in the presence of certain foods. Although most ... read more
- THE CINNAMON DRUG
The USDA's Dr. Anderson discovered that various spices help stimulate insulin activity, which means the body can process sugar more efficiently and therefore needs less insulin. Dr. Anderson did some test-tube experiments in which he measured insulin activity in the presence of certain foods. Although most showed no effect, three spices and one herb triples insulin activity: cinnamon, cloves, turmeric and bay leaves. Cinnamon was the most potent.
Only a little cinnamon, such as the the small amounts sprinkled on toast, can stimulate insulin activity, he says. A dash of cinnamon on any number of appropiate foods may help keep blood sugar in check.
- Cinnamon for Type II Diabetes 8 y
Cinnamon beneficial for diabetics
Sixty people (mean age, 52.2 years) with type 2 diabetes who were not on insulin therapy were randomly assigned to receive cinnamon (1, 3, or 6 g/day) or placebo for 40 days.
Compared with baseline, all three doses of cinnamon reduced the mean fasting serum glucose (18-29%), triglyceride (23-30%), LDL-cholesterol (7-27%), and total-cholesterol (12-26%) levels; the responses to all the doses of cinnamon were similar. No significant changes were noted in the placebo group. The reductions in mean fasting serum glucose and triglyceride levels were all signif ... read more
- Double Blind Studies Find Cinnamon is Beneficial for Diabetics
The following are of studies that show cinnamon is benneficial to those with Type II Diabetes.
Add Blog To Your Favorites!The Cinnamon Research Blog will invetigate uses of cinnamon for health. more...
Last Activity: 28 mon ago
13 Messages Last message 28 mon ago
4 Comments Last comment 29 mon ago
viewed 129,574 times
Created: 8 y Mar 16 2005
Comments (4 of 4):
Re: Cinnamon for T… albul… 29 mon
Re: Cinnamon Tea surley 7 y
Re: Cinnamon Tea risingsu… 7 y
Cinnamon Tea surley 7 y
All Comments (4)
Blogs by RisingSun (10):
Apple Cider Vinegar Cure Rese… 3 y (96)
Aloe Vera Research Blog 7 y (41)
Make Your Own Shampoo 31 mon (28)
Walnut Remedy Research Blog 7 y (25)
Turmeric Cure Research Blog 17 mon (21)
Almonds Research Blog 7 y (13)
Cayenne Research Blog 4 y (9)
Neem Oil Research Blog 7 y (9)
Tart Cherry Research Blog 7 y (7)
Samento Research Blog(Lyme, M… 7 y (7)
Similar Blogs (10 of 185):
exfoliative cheilit… by pratheek… 8 mon
Vitamin D3 treatmen… by #136856 11 mon
Demodex mites by SueSC 13 mon
Natural Home Remedi… by naturalh… 26 mon
Cure for Diabetes by rudenski 31 mon
Your Guide to Welln… by dreliaz 2 y
Reishi - Ganoderma … by reishi 2 y
My challenge by ProPaul 2 y
Herbal treatment fo… by herbheal… 3 y
So now the question… by HerbalCu… 3 y
All Blogs (1,019)